Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Morning again, late night and a Band Rehearsal so a bit stiff this morning. Lots of New material like Born to be Wild, Satisfaction, and many more, plus re doing the standards like Route 66, Wakin the Dog, Jonny B Goode etc. We got through 3 solid hours and the legs and hips are killing me this morning so a quiet day ahead I think.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

8 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Great video as ever Andy. The shot of the three 37's together reminded me very much of my own spotting days at Grangemouth MPD. Happy days!

Cheers

David

Thanks David, Glad you enjoyed it, I was going to have the 37's ticking over, but even at a low volume it sounded like a big noise in the background, so they were better switched off.

• RMweb Gold

Haven't popped in so much of late a lot to catch up on.

Forceps are great for modelling all sorts of uses.

Young kids;  When I used to exhibit a layout I was always letting young kids have the controls they are brilliant too at couplings/uncoupling. I found the young ones were pleased to be allowed to control things and didn't mess about. I was more wary of teenagers. Mind you, you have to make sure that things like the fiddleyard are in place.

Re not being able to do as much. A short while ago I found myself getting very stiff diffcult to get out of bed, kneel down or get up afterwards, raise my arms, lift anything, fingers on right hand going tingly and numb. When it didn't improve saw the docter. It seems I had a Arthritis flare up. I have some tablets that ease things but was told just to take them when I though I might have a lot to do!!! (more or less everyday). An X ray show lots of wear and tear on my shoulders. I now have to take less in the wheel barrow to push 60ft up a slope about 1 in 4. I am probably doing about 1/3 of what I did previously and still suffering. 

I am only 72 and there is a lot to do with a 3/4 sloping plot in particular buiding a garden railway.

To those who say don't grow old please remember the alternative is worse.

I like the latest videos. 

Don

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

14 minutes ago, Donw said:

Haven't popped in so much of late a lot to catch up on.

Forceps are great for modelling all sorts of uses.

Young kids;  When I used to exhibit a layout I was always letting young kids have the controls they are brilliant too at couplings/uncoupling. I found the young ones were pleased to be allowed to control things and didn't mess about. I was more wary of teenagers. Mind you, you have to make sure that things like the fiddleyard are in place.

Re not being able to do as much. A short while ago I found myself getting very stiff diffcult to get out of bed, kneel down or get up afterwards, raise my arms, lift anything, fingers on right hand going tingly and numb. When it didn't improve saw the docter. It seems I had a Arthritis flare up. I have some tablets that ease things but was told just to take them when I though I might have a lot to do!!! (more or less everyday). An X ray show lots of wear and tear on my shoulders. I now have to take less in the wheel barrow to push 60ft up a slope about 1 in 4. I am probably doing about 1/3 of what I did previously and still suffering. 

I am only 72 and there is a lot to do with a 3/4 sloping plot in particular buiding a garden railway.

To those who say don't grow old please remember the alternative is worse.

I like the latest videos. 

Don

Cheers Don, Some great thoughts and advice there, so thanks for that.

I was diagnosed with Arteritis many years ago, and yes, getting up from a kneeling is bl00dy hard work. 

My Exhibition Layout apart from Deesdale Road were all operated from the front for two very good reasons, one as you said to let kids have a go, but also for at home, they could sit back against a wall.

Good to see you in here, and don't over do it mate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hal Nail said:

I hate to break bad news but your new stuff is over 50 years old! :)

So are we, with a combined age of almost 280 :swoon:

BTW Just read your brilliant article in Railway Modeller, Cheers.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

So are we, with a combined age of almost 280 :swoon:

BTW Just read your brilliant article in Railway Modeller, Cheers.

Ha, up there with the Stones themselves!

Thanks! One day I ought to build a layout really but it's so much easier to just enjoy yours!

• Thanks 1

The silence at Seven Mills is broken by the Class 25, 25054 passing over Yard Lane Crossing on its way from Seven Up Junction. Railfreight 56047 is parked in the Yard.

DSCF4606.JPG.e621213c7841d2e56cb3ee579f0c5eba.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, caught up on the latest video earlier this morning while having my Saturday morning lie in. Very good. The river looks much better.

I like the angle of the photo of the class 25.

Off to the shops now then will try and get some more decals done on the cattle wagons.

Cheers, Ade.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, caught up on the latest video earlier this morning while having my Saturday morning lie in. Very good. The river looks much better.

I like the angle of the photo of the class 25.

Off to the shops now then will try and get some more decals done on the cattle wagons.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, I'll have a look in later to what you've been up to mate.

• Like 1

This may be the last post for a few days.

Starting tomorrow, I have a very busy week ahead with a lot of early starts and probably late finishes. 

I will still try and get a Video done for next Friday morning if I can, I have already filmed some of it, so I need to find some time to film some Train movements now.

In the meantime here is a pic for this morning.

Just caught a Duff, No 47199 passing through Seven Mills from Seven Up Junction with some VAA's and OAA's in tow.

DSCF4560.JPG.494bfb55d9a589c984a6377b5013699a.JPG

• Like 15

40 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Starting tomorrow, I have a very busy week ahead with a lot of early starts and probably late finishes. 

I will still try and get a Video done for next Friday morning if I can, I have already filmed some of it, so I need to find some time to film some Train movements now.

Just caught a Duff, No 47199 passing through Seven Mills from Seven Up Junction with some VAA's and OAA's in tow.

Well don't over do it Mr P. You're not a spring chicken anymore. There's no urgency for the photos nor the video for that matter. They can all wait.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Well don't over do it Mr P. You're not a spring chicken anymore. There's no urgency for the photos nor the video for that matter. They can all wait.

Thanks for that, I will be taking things easy.

With the help of one of my Grandsons, we have a Summerhouse to build, I then I need to paint it, and I have a couple of Trees to move as well, but will do a little each day.

TBH because I have no local mates yet, to come around, or for me to visit their Layouts, the only time a Train gets a run is when I do the Video shoots. 

The jobs I'm doing on Seven Mills and Bench Road are to make it different for the July Photo Shoot for another Mag, so that its different to the ones I took last November for Railway Modeller that will be in the August issue, out in July.

The main change of course is the moving of the Fuel Pumps and the Building of Bench Road, and that is two more articles that RM have and may be incorporated into the Aug edition, or a future articles, but were not sure yet.

The new shoot will probably be for the whole lot including Bench Road as just one big Layout.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

This is a great picture Andy. There is a great sense of space about it. The train looks like it has been somewhere and it is going somewhere else. That is no small feat given the space you are working in. There is certainly no sense that the scenic part of the layout is only 11 or so feet long.

Cheers

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, David Bell said:

This is a great picture Andy. There is a great sense of space about it. The train looks like it has been somewhere and it is going somewhere else. That is no small feat given the space you are working in. There is certainly no sense that the scenic part of the layout is only 11 or so feet long.

Cheers

David

Thanks David, The lower level shots and large scale of 7mm helps with perspective. Cheers again.

8 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

River looks a lot better.

Cheers Peter, I agree, (well its a good job I do, as it's done now), and it makes it more believable I think.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

TBH because I have no local mates yet, to come around, or for me to visit their Layouts, the only time a Train gets a run is when I do the Video shoots.

Only because you’ve been hiding behind the sofa until Boris said you can go out! :nea:

You know you’re welcome to visit!

• Funny 3