Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Then a trip to Ropley / Watercress Line to see what was being prepared for the weekends War Weekend, and the short answer was, NOTHING

IMG_4839.JPG.3282b7aff5ffade2a88aab41ffdb872f.JPG

Two peaks and a loaded warwell in that shot but the camouflage is very good!

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Got to say I do like the 67’s and surprised its not been done rtr in O gauge as yet.

Might have been only 30 made but a lot of liveries to date.

Spot on, I had one of the first Lima OO Models and it was the first Lima, and I think the only one to have what we now know as a standard type chassis, and NOT a Pancake Motor, it was superb and way ahead of what Hornby was producing at the time.

As you quite rightly say, with so many Livery choices it would make a great Model in O Gauge.

8 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Two peaks and a loaded warwell in that shot but the camouflage is very good!

Yes indeed, and if they were getting excited about the weekend ahead, they camouflaged that well, as well.

Some guys were setting up a few USA Jeeps and a couple of Trucks, and that is all that could be seen to be happening. I may have a run over again later today to see if the 7F and Schools are running. 

7 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Sorry you've not had a productive day Andy, but at least you've got out and seen Eastleigh again...

Rich

Cheers Rich, Yes, at least the coffee from the Cafe in town was good, and George got loads of pics that he wanted of the 3rd Rail for his Moss Lane project.

I've never known it so quiet there, not even on a normal day.

Final announcements that we heard was for people NOT to travel by Train, and their ticket would be valid for tomorrow, i.e. today / Saturday, which is a fat lot of good if you need to be somewhere in a hurry.

Oh well, there's always next year:banghead:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

NEVER will l moan about your track laying again Bodgit, Hahahahahaha

IMG_9300.JPG

I have done worse mate,:laugh:

Good to see you last week, and you didn't even cost me a BIG Breakfast, just  how amazing was that!:notme:

• Funny 1

l must say that l was really amazed at the quality and size of SMS on my recent visit to Bodgits railway pod, everything was neat and tidy and the running and sounds were great, but l felt he has gone as far as he can with no more room to do anything else, as every corner was packed with O gauge, or guitars...a great time was had anyway...

IMG_9332.JPG

IMG_9327.JPG

IMG_9334.JPG

IMG_9341.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, georgeT said:

l must say that l was really amazed at the quality and size of SMS on my recent visit to Bodgits railway pod, everything was neat and tidy and the running and sounds were great, but l felt he has gone as far as he can with no more room to do anything else, as every corner was packed with O gauge, or guitars...a great time was had anyway...

IMG_9332.JPG

IMG_9327.JPG

IMG_9334.JPG

IMG_9341.JPG

Thanks George, glad you enjoyed it mate.

• Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, pwr said:

That livery will take some getting used to!

Paul R

I tried to get a sideways photo but they moved it to the top yard before I could get up along the platform.

10 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Can't say it moved me! why didn't they do something different ??    l see it was a lot busier than when we visited.

Yes mate, I got over 20 minutes of Video footage today that I'll add to the 5 minutes from Friday and do a Video in a few days.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Nice catch there :P Trust you to be in the right place at the right time!  Personally think the livery works well, in keeping the corporate style, but giving a nod to the co-operation between the two companies - GBRf (UK) & EMD (US) - involved in the conversions.  First four will be in traffic out of Tonbridge by early July.

Also, just been told Bachmann are to produce the 69s in 2mm and 4mm!

Rich

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Nice catch there :P Trust you to be in the right place at the right time!  Personally think the livery works well, in keeping the corporate style, but giving a nod to the co-operation between the two companies - GBRf (UK) & EMD (US) - involved in the conversions.  First four will be in traffic out of Tonbridge by early July.

Also, just been told Bachmann are to produce the 69s in 2mm and 4mm!

Rich

WHY did you have to go and mention that it would be available in 4mm?:angry:

Now look what you've gone and done to my brain.:laugh::banghead::swoon:

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

QUESTION. = I photographed this 67 at Eastleigh last Friday, and noticed the wheel chocks, and it was still there on Monday. Some Locos stand there for several days, so why the wheel chocks?

IMG_4852.JPG.640e2993205d174fcf03357eb81bbcab.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG.9593a44cb524f9bb7f1f7cafa3503e06.JPG

• Like 4