Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

9 hours ago, DaveF said:

I like your Mid Hants photos Andy, it's a line I've sadly never visited.

David

Thanks David, two of its greatest assets are very different but linked.

One is the stunning rolling Hampshire greenery.

And secondly the Gradient, which on a wet day with a Bulleid in charge can be very challenging, especially out of Aylesford (corrected to Alresford, see below),  and Ropley heading for Alton from a standing start. 

Edited by Andrew P
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jerry1975 said:

Very nice indeed,  I particularly like bench road as I'm building a refuelling point myself. 

Jerry.

Thanks Jerry, Glad you find it helpful.

Bench Road is a very simple but effective storage Yard, The Fuel Point gives it a purpose, and adds some interest to the plank.

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks David, two of its greatest assets are very different but linked.

One is the stunning rolling Hampshire greenery.

And secondly the Gradient, which on a wet day with a Bulleid in charge can be very challenging, especially out of Aylesford and Ropley heading for Alton from a standing start. 

Not being picky Andy, but by Aylesford i presume you mean Alresford?

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Not being picky Andy, but by Aylesford i presume you mean Alresford?

Thanks Rich, and YES INDEED, I could blame the speel chocker but there is no point, it was I that did right it rong.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

IMG_5050.JPG.d04af7b47bf8cf9255fe1b14eb6ee9fc.JPG

One for the rivet counters - something I noticed yesterday is that the two 73s have a totally different shade of blue and yellow even though basically the same livery!

I watched the 47 and 73s cross at Medstead then cycled through the woods (all downhill) back to Alton, past a cricket match where I recognised Gareth Berg who used to play for Hampshire, and I didnt like the guitar in Farnham so saved a lot of money.

All in all just about perfect!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

One for the rivet counters - something I noticed yesterday is that the two 73s have a totally different shade of blue and yellow even though basically the same livery!

I watched the 47 and 73s cross at Medstead then cycled through the woods (all downhill) back to Alton, past a cricket match where I recognised Gareth Berg who used to play for Hampshire, and I didnt like the guitar in Farnham so saved a lot of money.

All in all just about perfect!

Yes indeed, the 73's really show up in the Videos that will be made up when I have some spare time, But basically one was Orange and Blue, and the other a dull faded Blue and Yellow.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yes indeed, the 73's really show up in the Videos that will be made up when I have some spare time, But basically one was Orange and Blue, and the other a dull faded Blue and Yellow.

One is Hornby the other Dapol! ;)

• Funny 5

35 minutes ago, Donw said:

I hope all is well at the POD house.

Don

Cheers Don, Fun at the House of the POD is limited at the moment.

I'm waiting to see my article in RM next Month, and for another Photo Shoot, but I've only run for a few minutes yesterday filming ready for the next Video on Friday.

That's almost the first real run since George went back a couple of weeks ago.:o

Not sure what to do next at the moment.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Don, Fun at the House of the POD is limited at the moment.

I'm waiting to see my article in RM next Month, and for another Photo Shoot, but I've only run for a few minutes yesterday filming ready for the next Video on Friday.

That's almost the first real run since George went back a couple of weeks ago.:o

Not sure what to do next at the moment.

It was just that with no pick of day photo I just thought it was a bit quiet for you. A bit of a break will not hurt as long as all is well.

Don

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Donw said:

It was just that with no pick of day photo I just thought it was a bit quiet for you. A bit of a break will not hurt as long as all is well.

Don

I did do another small photo shoot yesterday, but basically the same bits in almost the same places and will have some bits to post in a few days. 

But yes, a break as once again running has become stagnated somewhat. it may well be that yet another decision will have to be made after the next Photo Shoot. 

And just for your pleasure Don, and no one else must see this, here is a photo previously un used one from an old set for you.

DSCF4069.JPG.c59bf3065cf8df4f6b8b66fb3bb6f26b.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Mid Hants / Watercress Line Diesel Gala Fri 25th & Sat 26th June, Part 1, (there may be 3 :swoon:).

What a cracking video Andy many thanks for sharing some very interesting loco's on show wonderful !!!!!!

Interesting the rake of coaches between the two Class 73 have had all the roof vents blanked off does make them look very different :pleasantry:

Defo rates as one of your best video's Sir :superman:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gismorail said:

What a cracking video Andy many thanks for sharing some very interesting loco's on show wonderful !!!!!!

Interesting the rake of coaches between the two Class 73 have had all the roof vents blanked off does make them look very different :pleasantry:

Defo rates as one of your best video's Sir :superman:

Cheers Martin.

The Coaches are a 4TC Set, Normally and as you will see in the next Video, the Loco is only at one end as it's a push / pull unit.

They worked with Class 33's on the Portsmouth to Cardiff Service as well as many to and from the South Coast in and out of London but in Southern Green then Blue, and Blue Grey, finally they went into Network South East Livery.

image.png.825b03d3e9286c0049bf5e39ee8e9257.png

image.png.4f8a3c90e306e453cd0b9f76753d4035.png

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Fantastic video Andy. Got me thinking seeing that 50 and wondering of you were angling after an NSE one from the next batch to go with your NSE 33. Bit pricey if you ask me particularly since they will have recovered the tooling costs on batch 1.

Paul R

• Thanks 1