Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 minute ago, jcarta said:

Andy

End of an era and I loved watching the layout grow with some great comments from your followers. :D

Good luck with your new venture. :good:

Thanks Jim, time to move it on and move myself on as well.

I understand where you are coming from, Andy. We enjoy building something, and once we've done all the moves we want to start again. Done it myself over the years, from British 00 to German H0 to Swiss N to NCB 00 to US H0, even, with my friend Peter, German 0. Hope it goes well for you and that you keep us in touch by videoing what you are doing. All the Best, Trevor

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, shedman said:

I understand where you are coming from, Andy. We enjoy building something, and once we've done all the moves we want to start again. Done it myself over the years, from British 00 to German H0 to Swiss N to NCB 00 to US H0, even, with my friend Peter, German 0. Hope it goes well for you and that you keep us in touch by videoing what you are doing. All the Best, Trevor

Thanks very much Trevor, I will have a Thread in the Layouts section once I've started, and may do some Videos as well.

1 minute ago, David Bell said:

All the best with the new venture Andy.

I look forward to following it.

Cheers

David

Thanks David, I hope it works for me, and I can have some followers.:good:

Hi Andy, 

Sorry to see that this will be the end for Severn Mills but I have to say I could see it coming as you do love building layouts.

You will get a decent run for oo  in that shed are you thinking roundy roundy.

Also if you don't have a buyer for your 37081 let me know. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Andy, 

I don't know if I am disappointed because I won't get to see the usual flow of cracking pictures from Seven Mills Sidings or excited because you will no doubt be sharing your progress on a cracking new OO project. Thanks for all the posts, I've very much enjoyed them. 

All the best,

Dave

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Andy, 

Sorry to see that this will be the end for Severn Mills but I have to say I could see it coming as you do love building layouts.

Cheers Peter.

Cheers Peter, will do and yes, a Roundy is planned.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Hi Andy, 

I don't know if I am disappointed because I won't get to see the usual flow of cracking pictures from Seven Mills Sidings or excited because you will no doubt be sharing your progress on a cracking new OO project. Thanks for all the posts, I've very much enjoyed them. 

All the best,

Dave

Thanks David, I will endeavour to stock up on some new pics before I sell it so that I can keep some pics going whilst I make a start on the new project.

1 hour ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Andy, 

Cheers Peter.

It's not necessarily the end for Seven Mills as don't forget Andy is selling it and not dismantling it. If a fellow RMWEB member buys it we could quite easily see it featured here by it's new owner. 

I'd be tempted to buy it myself if I had the space.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Keith J said:

It's not necessarily the end for Seven Mills as don't forget Andy is selling it and not dismantling it. If a fellow RMWEB member buys it we could quite easily see it featured here by it's new owner. 

I'd be tempted to buy it myself if I had the space.

Yes, Spot on Keith, It would be nice a RM Webber bought it to continue the Sorry and see further developments.

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking forward to seeing the new layout develop, you give a lot of people a great deal of pleasure with your layout builds.

I used to belong to a group which built layouts to take to exhibitions, usually we manged to build two or three layouts a year so I can understand your desire to build new layouts.

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good luck with the new project. Based on what you see at Eastleigh is a good idea because you can refresh it motive power wise based on what you see, helping to keep it fresh and not lose interest. With the Works, you will get plenty of locos that wouldn’t otherwise appear in the area and you could even have the odd steam loco on railtour duties.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the new layout develop, you give a lot of people a great deal of pleasure with your layout builds.

I used to belong to a group which built layouts to take to exhibitions, usually we manged to build two or three layouts a year so I can understand your desire to build new layouts.

David

Cheers David, the planning and building is the fun bit, well that is the hope anyway.:D

14 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Good luck with the new project. Based on what you see at Eastleigh is a good idea because you can refresh it motive power wise based on what you see, helping to keep it fresh and not lose interest. With the Works, you will get plenty of locos that wouldn’t otherwise appear in the area and you could even have the odd steam loco on railtour duties.

Thanks Andrew, Although the Motive Power will be based on what I see at Eastleigh, (i.e. todays Motive Power and Stock, and a couple of items that identify as Eastleigh ish, its actual location is some way out of the area, but enough said for now.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Shame to see SMS finally closing but onwards and upwards! I shall be looking out for the sale of the century if any stock comes up (not that there is much in the funds pot atm!).

Thanks Al, ALL will be available and some has already been bagged, but can't go until after the Photo Shoot end of the Month.

SO, PLENTY OF TIME TO SAVE UP.:dancer::good::P

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

I hear stock markets around the world rose after you published your intent to construct a new layout.  Good to see the market reacting positively to your news.

• Funny 8