Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Thanks Ade, Yes that article was written and submitted last November, long before any thoughts of moving the Fuel Pumps came along, and so quite a bit has happened since then, and will again very soon I hope.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Right Andy, here's a comment.

You are doing a great job at advertising SMS and Bench Road and it would surprise me if you have no "takers" who'd like a "Bodgit Original". Bit like buying a Banksy, but cheaper!

Good luck with the sale.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Seeing as there are no comments on yesterdays pic, here is todays.

DSCF4101.JPG.e73fbede93259f38f982dd641902e9e4.JPG

Those two gents better be headed for the locomotive and not that car as I do not think they will fit in that car either!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Right Andy, here's a comment.

You are doing a great job at advertising SMS and Bench Road and it would surprise me if you have no "takers" who'd like a "Bodgit Original". But like buying a Banksy, but cheaper!

Good luck with the sale.

Jeff

Not sure I could ever be compared to Banksy, but the compliment was a nice one Jeff, cheers for that. 

As for being Bodgit original, well that might not be the best advertising campaign slogan I've ever heard either, but I do have some interest, whether it will result in a sale or not remains to be seen.

I have a visitor on Monday morning, in the form of Stu / @Stubby47  coming all the way from wonderful Cornwall just to view the Layout, :o not a special journey, but he will be just down the road anyway and I hasten to add, not with the intent on buying it, :scratchhead:but just as a RM Webber who is in the area and has asked to meet up and put faces to names, which I think is so important, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Then on Tuesday evening I have 4 or 5 Visitors, so the POD will get a little crowded, I have Scott @pitbull1845 Kevin @Hampshire Hog Paul, @PaulRhB and Mike @scoobyra plus maybe Ian @Temeraireand any other waifs and strays they pick up along the Road on their way here.

I may need to do a Sales pitch on them.:D

• Like 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

Those two gents better be headed for the locomotive and not that car as I do not think they will fit in that car either!

Yes, I agree, they do look a little chubby compared to the Car.

Just now, Stubby47 said:

Have to say I'm really looking forward to seeing the Pod and whatever layout you've made this last week :)

Cheer Stu, I'll get the kettle on, like I said in the PM put your planning hat on, I need some ideas.:laugh:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

As for being Bodgit original

Im not sure this is an authentic claim!

As long-term fans will know, the only bit of this layout that has not been rebuilt 3 times is the station you've never used :)

Ps I still think you should keep some sort of momento of the layout as a fond reminder. That bubble car that never was?

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Funny 2

23 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Im not sure this is an authentic claim!

As long-term fans will know, the only bit of this layout that has not been rebuilt 3 times is the station you've never used :)

Ps I still think you should keep some sort of momento of the layout as a fond reminder. That bubble car that never was?

Or re build it as a Mail Depot and just have a fleet of Red 128 Parcels going in and out.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Temeraire said:

Sorry not this time Andy as I'll be in the Lake District for the week with another Birthday on Wednesday!

No Doubt using something to quench your thirst at the same time.:laugh:

Have a goodun, will you qualify as a GRUMPY OLD BU66ER after Wednesday?:haha:

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

No Doubt using something to quench your thirst at the same time.:laugh:

Have a goodun, will you qualify as a GRUMPY OLD BU66ER after Wednesday?:haha:

Absolutely and I have a large thirst, and I qualified as a GOB years ago, just ask my ex-wife!:lol:

• Funny 2