Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

The SAVE SEVEN MILLS SIDINGS SOCIETY has been formed, and this along with the SAVE BENCH ROAD GROUP will be open to offers on either or both Layouts, before they are stripped and the salvaged parts sold off and the Baseboards re used.

MAKE AN OFFER,

You never know, I wont be insulted, but rather the Layouts go to a good home and get re used rather than dismantled.

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 26/07/2021 at 10:58, Andrew P said:

Gone I'm afraid Paul, along with his Son and Grandson. 

They were ordered when I was going to sell the LOT several Months ago, and I had to cancel the sale at that time, but with the proviso that should things change, the new keeper will have them and keep them gainfully employed here on R M W.

All the figures and odd bits were bought very early on, and will be heading off to pastures new on Wednesday.

I had a rather weird idea of sending LJ round to the various contributors to this topic and getting them to post a photo of his exploits and then having the recipient send on to the next layout and so on.  he could have been quite famous - or infamous!!!

Paul R

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, pwr said:

I had a rather weird idea of sending LJ round to the various contributors to this topic and getting them to post a photo of his exploits and then having the recipient send on to the next layout and so on.  he could have been quite famous - or infamous!!!

Paul R

You will need to make sure all the layouts have a strong leaning post / fence / barrel etc for him to visit. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

39 minutes ago, IAN K said:

Hi Andy I see the old car salesman talk hasn't gone away. Hope you ok .I'm looking forward to see  your roundy layout :ok:

Thanks Eeeeeee, Hope your O.K. Mate and still up a loft doing your thing? I recon you'll like the new Layout so watch this space.

I spent a couple of hours in the POD after tea, boxing up some bits for the Post Office later.

Its already looking a little bare.

Luckily when I got parcels from the likes of Tower or Hattons etc, after un boxing the  wagons, the empty boxes were put back in the big brown boxes and stored in the loft, so for several orders where two or three wagons were involved I already had some good size and sturdy boxes.

A trip to the Post Office after a couple more items wrapped later.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Yesterday was great but knackering all in one foul swoop.

The Photo Shoot was a long day, many shots the same with multi stacking images, and many different bits at different angles. An interview to camera was something new to me, even though I talk to camera on my own You Tube Videos, (Andy Peters Model Railways), and finally a running session to Video.

I did sleep well last night.:D

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Luckily when I got parcels from the likes of Tower or Hattons etc, after un boxing the  wagons, the empty boxes were put back in the big brown boxes and stored in the loft

I did this and have always thought it was a brilliant idea, right up until I moved house recently and needed a bigger lorry!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

I did this and have always thought it was a brilliant idea, right up until I moved house recently and needed a bigger lorry!

But at least less chance of damage to the most valuable and treasured items in the house.:laugh:

Always sad when you dispose of a layout that has built up so much interest along the way, but l know where you are coming from mate and you must move on, looking forward to your next OO venture Buddy...

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Always sad when you dispose of a layout that has built up so much interest along the way, but l know where you are coming from mate and you must move on, looking forward to your next OO venture Buddy...

Cheers mate, All the Stock is now boxed and what needed posting has been done.

I have a meet at Eastleigh VERY early on Sunday to hand over a couple of Locos and Van.

Then a meet possibly at Cherwell Services to meet two guys coming down from Nottingham and Derby. that will be 6 Locos and a couple of Wagons.

Then finally a meet around Swindon to hand over two more Locos, and several Wagons destined for 3 more people in North Wales, West Wales and Cheshire.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

Hi Andy I will be looking at your new layout .Yes I'm still in the loft .I've been to Chester and seen Pete watermans layout .

WOW Matey, its supposed to be spectacular, I do know of a Show its going to, but not sure if its common knowledge yet so wont say where, but I would really like to see it, even if its only for the enormity of it.

• RMweb Gold

I've been to Chester and seen Pete watermans layout .

On my list to do too (soon).  How long should I allow for viewing, and is it interesting for family too?

Paul.

• RMweb Premium

Andy. Without appearing prejudice towards larger scales, may I say that I'm glad to see that you're making a return to 4mm modeling.

It allows so much more scope and perspective without loosing too much detail, not to mention getting some decent structures involved.

Good luck with whatever you have rattling around in that truly inventive head of yours. Can't wait to see what's next mate.

Regards Shaun.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Andy. Without appearing prejudice towards larger scales, may I say that I'm glad to see that you're making a return to 4mm modeling.

It allows so much more scope and perspective without loosing too much detail, not to mention getting some decent structures involved.

Good luck with whatever you have rattling around in that truly inventive head of yours. Can't wait to see what's next mate.

Regards Shaun.  

Hi Shaun, Good to hear from you matey, I'm really getting excited now, and the planning has taken another major leap forward yesterday, but more of the on the New Thread once its started. As for structures, there probably will be only one, but we will see how things develop over the coming weeks / Months / Years.

I just need Seven Mills to go now, so I can get my Grandson around to build the main Baseboards and then LET THE FUN BEGIN.:dancer:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, pwr said:

Will the new layout have third rail Andy? Might there even be passenger trains?

Paul R

No to 3rd Rail and poss almost no Passenger Service. The reason will be obvious once the Thread has started Paul.:D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

No to 3rd Rail and poss almost no Passenger Service. The reason will be obvious once the Thread has started Paul.:D

Looking forward to this!

Paul R

• Thanks 1