Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Hi Ray, I use Peco Points, but mine are heavily modified.

I cut away the Frog wires under the points, and then fit a Track Feed wire from the Blade to the Stock Rail, this also acts as a Dropper.

post-9335-0-32934600-1536850328_thumb.jp

I also Solder the Hinge /Fish Plate in the middle, as I remove all the Spring mechanism to fit Traintronic TT 300 DCC  / DC Point Motors.

TRATT300_33705_Qty1_1.jpg

I also remove all the nasty gubbins around the Tie Bar and replace it with 3 plain Sleepers with outer chairs removed for the curve of the Point.

post-9335-0-83994800-1536850400_thumb.jp

post-9335-0-27182500-1536850465_thumb.jp

post-9335-0-47989900-1536850557_thumb.jp

Lastly I fit Parlimentry Trains Point Drops Stops.

post-6682-0-05497400-1516009056_thumb.jp

http://youtu.be/nvgUiRG48aY

I hope this all helps.

For the slightly less brave.

Same mods but leave sleepers in place. Use dremel to remove unwanted plastic. Glue micro strip/plastikard into the gaps. Rough up with 80 grade and fill any gaps. I brush on a mix of cellulose body stopper and thinners. It is too late to give the H&S lecture, but for those of tender years , wait until mother is out and then mutter something about nail varnish. Once painted it looks like a replacement.

• Like 1

For the slightly less brave.

Same mods but leave sleepers in place. Use dremel to remove unwanted plastic. Glue micro strip/plastikard into the gaps. Rough up with 80 grade and fill any gaps. I brush on a mix of cellulose body stopper and thinners. It is too late to give the H&S lecture, but for those of tender years , wait until mother is out and then mutter something about nail varnish. Once painted it looks like a replacement.

Excellent alternative. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ray the exceptionally good trackwork you see on some 0 gauge layouts is usually made from C+L chairs but track building is not to the taste of all. Peco points painted as ballasted can look quite good. Ken Payne's famous layout used Peco track. I seem to remember Andy's Trebudoc looked very good have a look at the videos.

Don

Wow Andy my friend  at last you have a 'big boys' train set looking very good indeed got a nice flow out of the fiddle yard area excellent. Think this will get many followers the way it's going  as their seems to be a lull of activity on the new build front .....were's Coachman when you need him  :triniti:

Ray the exceptionally good trackwork you see on some 0 gauge layouts is usually made from C+L chairs but track building is not to the taste of all. Peco points painted as ballasted can look quite good. Ken Payne's famous layout used Peco track. I seem to remember Andy's Trebudoc looked very good have a look at the videos.

Don

Thanks Don, Yes indeed, Tebudoc and St Budoc were both all Peco, although the Points were left as supplied back in those days.

• Like 1

Wow Andy my friend  at last you have a 'big boys' train set looking very good indeed got a nice flow out of the fiddle yard area excellent. Think this will get many followers the way it's going  as their seems to be a lull of activity on the new build front .....were's Coachman when you need him  :triniti:

Cheers Martin, when will yours be revealed? whoops.  :nono:

Just needs Jints to give up the Day Job and get on with Tallywhatsits and Craig / Muddys Blues to stop his dithering and get some Track down ready for The Great Welsh Meet Up, in November.

Oh Yes, Larry?????

Edited by Andrew P

Cheers Martin, when will yours be revealed? whoops.  :nono:

Just needs Jints to give up the Day Job and get on with Tallywhatsits and Craig / Muddys Blues to stop his dithering and get some Track down ready for The Great Welsh Meet Up, in November.

Oh Yes, Larry?????

True Andy but Muddy Blues has to wait till 'Her indoors goes outdoors ' ( does that make any sense ) before he can even get his boards out  :jester:

• Like 1

Just scroll to the bottom of page and hit Full Version everything there as it should be.

Cheers

If I've tried that once, I must have tried it a thousand times, but with no joy.

I have spoken to Andy Y about it, but it's a phone thing, I've spoken to my network provider, but they don't know either, so now I just live with it.

If I cant go 4 days without the internet I must be a sad case.

But on a phone almost unusable, hence the need for the mobile version which is good for reading and quick replies - but you can't like stuff or upload images.

It is mobile when the phone is in my pocket and I can still see some of it, or is there something else?

• RMweb Premium

If I've tried that once, I must have tried it a thousand times, but with no joy.

I have spoken to Andy Y about it, but it's a phone thing, I've spoken to my network provider, but they don't know either, so now I just live with it.

If I cant go 4 days without the internet I must be a sad case.

Noooooooooo it is the end of the world, no interwebthingy.........

As an alternative end of the world, pop along to Bradwell on Sea in Essex, from there you get a lovely view of the real end of the world. 

Hi Ray, I use Peco Points, but mine are heavily modified.

I cut away the Frog wires under the points, and then fit a Track Feed wire from the Blade to the Stock Rail, this also acts as a Dropper.

post-9335-0-32934600-1536850328_thumb.jp

I also Solder the Hinge /Fish Plate in the middle, as I remove all the Spring mechanism to fit Traintronic TT 300 DCC  / DC Point Motors.

TRATT300_33705_Qty1_1.jpg

I also remove all the nasty gubbins around the Tie Bar and replace it with 3 plain Sleepers with outer chairs removed for the curve of the Point.

post-9335-0-83994800-1536850400_thumb.jp

post-9335-0-27182500-1536850465_thumb.jp

post-9335-0-47989900-1536850557_thumb.jp

Lastly I fit Parlimentry Trains Point Drops Stops.

post-6682-0-05497400-1516009056_thumb.jp

I hope this all helps.

Thanks Andy, much the same then as i did with Peco code 75  on Camel Quay.

• Like 2

Don

Hi Don.

Was was going to have a go at track building with chairs but couldn't get hold of any at Telford and after reading the supply problems on the C&L thread i might have problems going down that route until Phil gets this sorted. Soldered Copperclad is another option, and i can add cosmetic chairs when they become available but maybe not quite as nice looking.

Yes, but much cheaper than anything else for fiddle yards & non-scenic bits, especially if you only fit them every 50mm or so.

Best

Simon

I hadn't thought of that!  Too late now for Penmaenpool.  I have made most of the track for Shipston in OO gauge and one day plan to put it all back together again.  It does look better in 16.5mm gauge, particularly if the sleeper spacing is correct.

Paul

• Like 1