Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Barnaby, The next ones will have some commentary and more descriptions.:good:

Candle Wax, Furniture polish, WD40 spray???????????:scratchhead:

Furniture polish, yes the hard wax type.  Don't use WD40, it will soak into the wood and you never get rid of the smell. :stinker:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

That is a cracking picture Andy, lots of depth.

I like that angle along the layout

Cheers

David

Thanks David, I have to agree about the angle etc, it makes the Layout look so much bigger than it is, especially when you consider your only looking at about 6ft in that shot.

• Agree 1

On 24/01/2021 at 15:24, Andrew P said:

Here is a NEW Video with a difference, I show you around my room, The POD, and how the Layout has come together since the move to Amp Sher.

Just watched the video, thanks Andy that was a wonderful view of your layout. :D

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, gz3xzf said:

Just watched the video, thanks Andy that was a wonderful view of your layout. :D

Thanks Bryan, So glad you liked it, it has come out a little better than expected so there will be more as things develop. 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/01/2021 at 14:44, brushman47544 said:

Now that would be a great DCC function... select headcode.

I believe someone is doing one not sure if it will be DCC.

It would not be difficult to fit an Arduino pro micro and a small OLED screen in the roof of an 0 gauge one  and be able to toggle through a selection of headcodes . It would be tricky to make it scroll vertically though. Quite simple if you were happy to just change it. More tricky is getting the OLED to line up with the headcode box.

Don

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Well I have jobs to do both on Seven Mills and Bench Road, my materials arrived from Hattons, but I just can't seem to get started at the moment.

I have added another two layers of PVA to the River Axe, but I may have made the last coat a bit to deep, it has dried hard on top, but is still showing some signs of a milky residue below the surface. I will have to wait and see if it dry's right through over the coming days.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Ray H said:

Try some warm/hot water to cause the top layer to liquify again and, maybe, get some air onto the lower level.

Thanks Ray, I've been out again for a couple of hours with the heater on underneath, and it is looking better, I'll give it another 24 hours or so and see what I need to do. I have a big heater under it, whenever I'm in there for my own warmth as well.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening Andy.

Your photos are very uplifting (careful...) and I think the gorgeous blue sky is the main reason. If only British weather was like that - maybe it is in the DEEP sarth of Ampshire, rather than the northern wastes of Cumbria where I live.

I could do with some of that weather for my astro work.

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, Physicsman said:

Evening Andy.

Your photos are very uplifting (careful...) and I think the gorgeous blue sky is the main reason. If only British weather was like that - maybe it is in the DEEP sarth of Ampshire, rather than the northern wastes of Cumbria where I live.

I could do with some of that weather for my astro work.

Jeff

The Sun shines on the righteous, and O Gauge Modellers, haha.:dancer:

• Like 3
  • Funny 4