Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

11 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I've had someone interested in the NSE, but I would loose about £100 so not worth selling at that. I will weather it, see how it comes out, and if still to bright it will be attacked by a can of Blue and re weathered.

dry brush vertically with a very thin white wash. That will work well unless you have an airbrush available then give it a very light thin dusting over with white vertically. That’ll tone it down a bit and make a good base for the dirty colours

• Informative/Useful 1

5 minutes ago, 47606odin said:

dry brush vertically with a very thin white wash. That will work well unless you have an airbrush available then give it a very light thin dusting over with white vertically. That’ll tone it down a bit and make a good base for the dirty colours

That's what I did with this 47 about 10 years ago.

691073506_Andysweatheringportfolio029.JPG.378bc9e58c80ce78a0b8a89e7df00584.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening Andy

Just got home and tuned in, lots been going on!

Looks like my Eastleigh and the 50 will fit in well now then, I'd better get some chips ordered for when Boris says I can pop in.:rolleyes:

As for a construction 33, 33042 is a possible.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Evening Andy

Just got home and tuned in, lots been going on!

Looks like my Eastleigh and the 50 will fit in well now then, I'd better get some chips ordered for when Boris says I can pop in.:rolleyes:

As for a construction 33, 33042 is a possible.

Cheers Ian, I can't wait to get you and the Gang around for some serious running. :dancer:

042 you say, food for thought.:good:

• Like 1

Glad to see SMS has gotten a reprieve! Personally I rather like the NSE 33, but wrong end of the country for me! but then I do rather like the plain grey. A few numbers to have a search for that carried the plain departmental grey before getting the yellow band: 002/008/025/026/057/065. There was a list of Construction ones kicking about somewhere too. 

• Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Glad to see SMS has gotten a reprieve! Personally I rather like the NSE 33, but wrong end of the country for me! but then I do rather like the plain grey. A few numbers to have a search for that carried the plain departmental grey before getting the yellow band: 002/008/025/026/057/065. There was a list of Construction ones kicking about somewhere too. 

Cheers Al, that's very helpful, I think once the NSE is toned down a bit it will look better, and more like the real thing than a model.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I have that one coming in Dutch, what a sod, haha.

Just paint out the yellow and you're done then!

And the toothpaste can live to see another day. Scrub away, scrub away, scrub away, the Southern Region way...

• Funny 2

9 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

73 would be good,  I hope the Heljan one comes out on time.

I always liked the 73/0 in large logo livery. I don't think I have seen a model that's captured the shape of the prototype yet. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Not quite Ian, although I am looking at a Construction livery, = 33050 Isle of Grain, as I used to live there as a Kid when my Dad worked in Chatham Dockyard, and later BP on the Island. Mind you I was only 5 years old to 12 years old.

For one moment I read that as though you had seen 33050 there as a kid of 5.  You would'nt be a pensioner yet :D.

Don

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, Donw said:

For one moment I read that as though you had seen 33050 there as a kid of 5.  You would'nt be a pensioner yet :D.

Don

It might have been a Q1 at that time I guess Don.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I was, but I could only find 33/2 in plain Grey, that would be my preferred choice.

as you’ve found, there was only a few in general grey, and they didn’t last long. It’ll be easier to tone down the NSE livery than do a full repaint into something else.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I guess I should now look for a Class 37, Body swap for my L/Logo Loch Long for a Dutch one.

1455274920_IMG_1555-Copy.JPG.f5e8b6ec8f02a1abcc1ae1dd624cb7e6.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG.734afc57b5a7ea5928acade0af0518e8.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG.af0d0d4b64a7202138bbf73218ebdb2b.JPG

I remember 37377 was a regular at Eastleigh in the 90's in Dutch. I remember working 2 37's in multiple on a Prince's Risborough to Woking Down Yard CCE train in Dutch livery. My load was a single 'rudd' open wagon! There's a prototype for everything! 

Edited by woodyfox
  • Informative/Useful 3

7 hours ago, andyram said:

Finally got chance to catch up on video 77. Another enjoyable accompaniment to mug of tea. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks Andy, Glad you enjoyed it, I will do one aging in a few days to use this batch up.

• Like 1