Jump to content

Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245


Andrew P
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Those are very 'nice' oil drums- no dents, bangs, signs of rust or even scratchs

YET,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for reminding me, cheers.:good:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Enjoyed that Andy. Brings back memories of shunting CCE wagons on weekday mornings making up trains for the weekend engineering jobs. Back in the 80's we would have 25 to 30 trains booked out of the yards on a Sat/Sun. All the loco's would arrive on Fri/Sat overnight and we had a 1900-0400 Sat turn attaching loco's to the respective trains ready to go out. 

They were mostly 47/33/73's. 

  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah, it would look good if you can ignore the 20 year gap to the rest of the Stock.

 

I refer to rule 1 of railway modelling!

 

Nice to see you another video appearing. I will catch up on that later.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Hi Andy, yet another very enjoyable video, already looking forward to watching No 81.

Thanks Brian, It won't be that long now hopefully when you can come around and see it in person. It will be good to meet you.:good:

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, andyram said:

 

I refer to rule 1 of railway modelling!

 

Nice to see you another video appearing. I will catch up on that later.

That would be stretching things a bit far Andy, but we will see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, woodyfox said:

Thanks. Enjoyed that Andy. Brings back memories of shunting CCE wagons on weekday mornings making up trains for the weekend engineering jobs. Back in the 80's we would have 25 to 30 trains booked out of the yards on a Sat/Sun. All the loco's would arrive on Fri/Sat overnight and we had a 1900-0400 Sat turn attaching loco's to the respective trains ready to go out. 

They were mostly 47/33/73's. 

That sounds like a Spotters dream location, which Yard was that?

  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, pwr said:

Another good one Andy. I think you have these spot on now

 

Paul R

Cheers Paul, No 90 will see the start of much of the NEW Stock.:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Brian, It won't be that long now hopefully when you can come around and see it in person. It will be good to meet you.:good:

I doubt if i will come round now as you got rid of that class 40 ! :(

  • Funny 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Those are very 'nice' oil drums- no dents, bangs, signs of rust or even scratchs

There is now, well no rust or dents, but a bit of individuality.

 

Same with the figures I have re done the shirts, got rid of a few helmets and added some beard to the one wearing the face mask, after all this is not 2021 YET.

 

They then ran off down to the Stream in the Woods.

IMG_4503.JPG.de9cb94c028f7cc09501a0aec9e33c32.JPG

 

  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's something a trifle sinister about this photo. Hopefully its just some sort of ghastly team bonding session and not them caught in the act of disposing the senior leadership team. 

 

Edit: could be both of course. I've certainly been tempted.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

There's something a trifle sinister about this photo. Hopefully its just some sort of ghastly team bonding session and not them caught in the act of disposing the senior leadership team. 

 

Edit: could be both of course. I've certainly been tempted.

Haha! I’m a bit worried that the senior leadership team have already lobotomised one of their minions. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Video 80, another winner Mr P.

Particularly like the 47

Cheers

David

Thanks David, Yes nice sound considering its an OO South West Digital Chip.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

A couple of Spotters, I think?

IMG_4517.JPG.4d79cf9196ca93e54dfa5e896bc6bdde.JPG

 

IMG_4516.JPG.5de00ad5230f3fdf6c0a9d458220d704.JPG

 

That looks a bit suspicious to me. I hope what ever he is holding does not have any smell of chloroform! With the dark glasses, he looks very sleazy! I would not be surprised to see the Old Bill turning up at Seven Mills tomorrow!

 

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...