Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

3 minutes ago, jcarta said:

I'm sure that grass is growing.... Maybe get LJ out with a Hi-Vi on and a strimmer in hand to start on the vegetation ..... You never know he may become a film star. 

I do believe he IS in the grass there somewhere.:P

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

13 minutes ago, D6775 said:

You must be running out of pictures of the 40 Andy.

Haha, I've just looked and I have about 15 to 20 half decent ones in the, unused file, so will still drop the odd one in now and again. The same goes for 37183 in Highland Stag Large Logo that went about 3 weeks ago in a body swap for the 3 Tone Grey that is now 37280.

I need to finish weathering that and the 08 so they can start to appear soon as well.

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

Just caught up with video 85. Another winner Andy. The sound on that 37 is really good.

Cheers

David

Thanks David, I must say if I had to keep just one Loco, it would be hard to choose between a 37 or the 47, both sound so good.

Like David I just caught up with the latest video. I couldn't help wondering what the wild animal sounds were on the video until I realised it was the point motors. For a moment I thought the rumours of the beast of Severn Mills were true. Or was that the 40?

Out of the choice in your last post I would plump for the 37 on the basis of the sound alone!

Paul R

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Like David I just caught up with the latest video. I couldn't help wondering what the wild animal sounds were on the video until I realised it was the point motors. For a moment I thought the rumours of the beast of Severn Mills were true. Or was that the 40?

Out of the choice in your last post I would plump for the 37 on the basis of the sound alone!

Paul R

It reminds me very much of watching 37's lifting the oil trains out of Grangemouth Oil Terminal in the late seventies. Happy days!

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think a lot depends on what memories the sound sitrs up. I used to regularly travel on a train of a 45 pulling five coaches. It wasn't until I was on a special over the S&C pulled by a 45 that I really heard one working. The bit through Blea Moor tunnel I shall never forget with the sound bouncing back off the tunnel walls.

Don

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Paul R

5 minutes ago, David Bell said:

It reminds me very much of watching 37's lifting the oil trains out of Grangemouth Oil Terminal in the late seventies. Happy days!

David

4 minutes ago, Donw said:

I think a lot depends on what memories the sound sitrs up. I used to regularly travel on a train of a 45 pulling five coaches. It wasn't until I was on a special over the S&C pulled by a 45 that I really heard one working. The bit through Blea Moor tunnel I shall never forget with the sound bouncing back off the tunnel walls.

Don

My earliest memories were of leaning over the wall at Fratton in 1977 and it was mainly 33, 47 and 50's so never really heard anything else until I started going to Eastleigh.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Leaned over that wall many times Mate,  also found the plates for Canton will post then tomorrow...

DSC07353.JPG

post-7716-0-28281400-1425127899_thumb.jpg

Thanks Buddy, I'm looking forward to getting them on.

948049682_37280withCardiffCantonDepotPlaques..jpg.35f445217f401e32be8f1918ef2aac31.jpg

I was chatting to a mate of mine = Binny, @binnylast night and he said he'd never seen a load on the Warwell. Well of course he is almost correct, although I have found one pic confirming that is has had a load at some point, but I need to make some securing straps for the load.

But here it is, about the only picture I have of the Warwell with a Load.

ADSCF4654.JPG.84247245d7e20766c3d0916c0b4da7bb.JPG

• Like 9