Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

The only time l ever saw class 20s at Eastleigh were on the weed killing train...

Cheers George, I think I saw a pair at Didcot Yard once now that I think about it, but I never saw them anywhere else.

Not sure if they will stay at the moment or not.

I did promise a new Video for Friday morning, but as I'm up and watching the election program, I thought I'd do it now, ready for later when most of you will wake up.

Video 90 is the first of a new set and a slightly different format to the previous few, so I hope you enjoy the changes.

• Like 17

I enjoyed the new format Andy. Nice bit of info about methods of coupling, I thought the forceps would be too big but when you used them that looked a good way of doing things.

I think you should keep the Cockney Sparra on the 08 though ;)

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, sb67 said:

I enjoyed the new format Andy. Nice bit of info about methods of coupling, I thought the forceps would be too big but when you used them that looked a good way of doing things.

I think you should keep the Cockney Sparra on the 08 though ;)

Cheers Steve, Glad you liked the new format and the info. As for the Sparrow, yes I think you might be right, it would be a shame to spoil a good Loco.

• RMweb Premium

Just enjoyed your video with my first brew of the day.

if I may make an observation on the river, I think there are too many rocks in the river and they are all much too large to my eye. 

I don’t think they “fit” with the banks either side as to me they look more in keeping with a mountainous scene rather than the more rural picture which you are portraying.

Brian

• Agree 1

Great new format video Andy. Enjoyed that especially the coupling section. I never thought about using forceps before - what a clever idea.

I like the new intro too

Paul R

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

Just enjoyed your video with my first brew of the day.

if I may make an observation on the river, I think there are too many rocks in the river and they are all much too large to my eye. 

I don’t think they “fit” with the banks either side as to me they look more in keeping with a mountainous scene rather than the more rural picture which you are portraying.

Brian

Totally agree with you, I kept adding Stones / Rocks when I did it, but I got a bit carried away and went silly.

Thanks for your input.:good:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, pwr said:

Great new format video Andy. Enjoyed that especially the coupling section. I never thought about using forceps before - what a clever idea.

I like the new intro too

Paul R

Cheers Paul, Glad you found it useful, with the forceps they take a bit of getting used to, but worth persevering I think.

• Like 1

Loved the new format, including the intro.

Sounds like you have a fair bit to do in prep for these photo sessions.

I shall look forward to my August RM with added anticipation.

Well done

Cheers

David

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Loved the new format, including the intro.

Sounds like you have a fair bit to do in prep for these photo sessions.

I shall look forward to my August RM with added anticipation.

Well done

Cheers

David

Cheers David, Glad you like it mate.:good: I hope the August Edition article comes out O.K.

5 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Liked the forceps  method.

Thanks Peter, I do remember 3 x 16T Minerals dangling from the hook at a show once when I got a little frustrated.:banghead::swoon:

Hence the change.:good:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D6775 said:

Having seen Baggies Departmental Grey 08 I think you need a plain Grey 33 now!!

You could well be right Al, It does look the bizz. I should have got the next Dutch one done in plain Grey really, but it already has the Numbers and Name ready to go on.

Also need to save some pennies, I might just wait for the 73.:good:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

You could well be right Al, It does look the bizz. I should have got the next Dutch one done in plain Grey really, but it already has the Numbers and Name ready to go on.

Also need to save some pennies, I might just wait for the 73.:good:

You're not the only one needing to save some pennies. I've got to pay for the garden renovations and I have three Hattons and Tower orders for track and parts this last couple of weeks! Good job I've put some asside.

• Friendly/supportive 3

2 minutes ago, D6775 said:

You're not the only one needing to save some pennies. I've got to pay for the garden renovations and I have three Hattons and Tower orders for track and parts this last couple of weeks! Good job I've put some asside.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT BL**DY GARDENS.:scared:

Just commissioned a firm to come in a level off an area for a Summer House and lay a Patio, Summerhouses are like Gold Dust at the moment. Then I need to BRIBE my Grandson to come and build the Summerhouse with me.

A few years ago, I'd have levelled off the Garden and put the base in for the SH, but cant do those sort of jobs now.

There goes another wadd of wonga.:banghead:

• Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT BL**DY GARDENS.:scared:

Just commissioned a firm to come in a level off an area for a Summer House and lay a Patio, Summerhouses are like Gold Dust at the moment. Then I need to BRIBE my Grandson to come and build the Summerhouse with me.

A few years ago, I'd have levelled off the Garden and put the base in for the SH, but cant do those sort of jobs now.

There goes another wadd of wonga.:banghead:

Last year me an a mate laid a base for the shed which kept costs down, then the shed was put up, that wasn't cheap! Another mate has done the flags in front of the shed while he was furloughed and now we've basically had a 30'x12' raised bed put in that we've now got to fill with rubble and soil. As much as its hard work we've manage to get a lot of rubble from a couple of people on the street but it just means a lot of barrowing and we're on a hill!! Good job we didn't have an expensive holiday last year!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Just about to order my forceps what size are yours Andy size 10, 12?

Just been out to have a look Julian, but they are not marked. I got them from Squires at a Show and there just under 6 inches long.

I hope that helps.

10 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Andy they are on amazon as fishing forceps will get a 10 and a 12 to be safe and because of my fat fingers.

I believe my were classed as Surgical Julian.