Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

8 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I see that at least one of the thick set gentlemen found a mode of transport more suited to his size.

Good video by the way.

I hope you are planning something special for video no 100.

Cheers Bogie, yes Bill likes a Brake Van ride now and again.

As for No 100, that's a long way off, and I might need some suggestions about that. It may coincide with the next Mag Photo Shoot in July.

1 minute ago, gismorail said:

It gets better by the session Andy .....now making those grampus kit didn’t hurt did it :wacko:

Cheers Martin, No it  didn't hurt, but I haven't got around to doing the Transfers yet.:notme:

On previous ones the Baskets were a right Basket case, and that's why I've opted to leave them off this time.

I am now looking forward to painting and finishing them.:good:

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

11 hours ago, D6775 said:

I wouldn't worry about the door bumps, they were all sorts of shapes and sizes after they hade been knocked about a few times!

That's what I thought, I was going to look for some pics to confirm that so thanks for confirming it for me Al.

On 04/06/2021 at 07:20, Andrew P said:

And as promised the well edited version of the Grampus builds.

Great job on those Grampus wagons Andy

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Andrew P said:

On previous ones the Baskets were a right Basket case, and that's why I've opted to leave them off this time.

That's where mine stalled about 10 years ago. They ought to be fine but I just can't be bothered and it never gets to the top of the queue.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

That's where mine stalled about 10 years ago. They ought to be fine but I just can't be bothered and it never gets to the top of the queue.

That's made me feel better, glad I'm not alone Ian.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting how people’s reactions to building wagon kits varies. With me it’s my go to job for when my mojo has gone so a rummage in the kit draw will usually bring a kit or two to the surface that I fancy getting on with. 

Downside of that is sometimes I wander of track and then realise I’ve several unfinished wagons sitting on the workbench.

Hey ho. It’s all part of the journey and the enjoyment it gives at the time.

Brian

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 minute ago, Dragonboy said:

Interesting how people’s reactions to building wagon kits varies. With me it’s my go to job for when my mojo has gone so a rummage in the kit draw will usually bring a kit or two to the surface that I fancy getting on with. 

Downside of that is sometimes I wander of track and then realise I’ve several unfinished wagons sitting on the workbench.

Hey ho. It’s all part of the journey and the enjoyment it gives at the time.

Brian

Good job were all different Brian, I enjoys Scenics, hedges, Fields, Roads etc. I also enjoy the planning stage, and track alignment.

Thanks for posting.:good:

Today saw the start of the making Video No 95, with about 7 minutes of footage filmed today.

Some pics of progress on the Grampus.

Next step will be a clear Varnish and then the Transfers, although I do need to order some Black GRAMPUS ones for along the top, they do not come in the sheets, only the earlier Brass type which I don't think I can use with the ZBO Wagon Code.

The planking inside has also been done as has the ends.

IMG_4786.JPG.8f1496f9cc339909e280d8999ae702d4.JPG

IMG_4787.JPG.56736f13b129351f1862594ed7c3b750.JPG

IMG_4788.JPG.4ec3ea28eb06d30acd425bcdee032009.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Looks like its going to be a hot day down at Seven Mills as 08, No 08173 shunts the empty Warwell in the Bridge End Sidings.

Careful LJ will have his deck chair out if you talk like that :)

• Funny 2

30 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Careful LJ will have his deck chair out if you talk like that :)

8 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Complete with a knotted hanky on his head

He'll be at home with a Cold Beer in his back Garden, then come back later to CLOCK OFF.:laugh:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 2