Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

He'll be at home with a Cold Beer in his back Garden, then come back later to CLOCK OFF.:laugh:

Probably utilising your new sun house.......

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Transfers are not my strong point.

Not that it really matters, but I think (I'll stand corrected) but I think your a number missing as well. All DB9xxxxx vehicles have six numbers not five .... just saying Andy :)  Perhaps yours were early ones before they got to six digit numbers :)

Rich

• Agree 1

Just now, MarshLane said:

Not that it really matters, but I think (I'll stand corrected) but I think your a number missing as well. All DB9xxxxx vehicles have six numbers not five .... just saying Andy :)  Perhaps yours were early ones before they got to six digit numbers :)

Rich

Your spot on Rich, and you will see why in Video 96 in two weeks time.:D

BUT

BUT

BUT, Basically the 6 numbers provided do not fit in the ZBO box as the DB is already there, so I have had to remove the last number of a printed set from the sheet. or add individual numbers 0 to 9 provided and try and line them up.

NIGHTMARE.:scared:

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

There's never an 'Ahhhh!' button when you want one is there :) Whose transfers were they Andy - if you speak to Steve at @railtec-models he should have a sheet were you can just fill in the number and the whole box, tops code, DB and number go on as one transfer I think.

Rich

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

There's never an 'Ahhhh!' button when you want one is there :) Whose transfers were they Andy - if you speak to Steve at @railtec-models he should have a sheet were you can just fill in the number and the whole box, tops code, DB and number go on as one transfer I think.

Rich

It comes in the Parkside Box Rich. :banghead:

14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Not impressed.:angry::banghead::banghead:

IMG_4800.JPG.97195de0924c87656283e401abe6226b.JPG

IMG_4799.JPG.96d8d17b974781263a7bea63c8c6b254.JPG

Transfers are not my strong point.

Don't worry  Andy - A coat of heavy weathering can hide a multitude of sins!

Paul R

• Agree 1

I nice visit from my mate George, @georgeT this evening, down to visit Family, and so popped around for an hour, hopefully we are having a day at Eastleigh on Friday, probably starting with a hearty Spoons Breakfast, (well Scrambled or Poached eggs on toast for me).

• Like 7

Morning Andy

I see from the latest issue of Railway Modeller published today that SMS will be featured in the August issue. Looking forward to seeing it

Paul R

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pwr said:

Morning Andy

I see from the latest issue of Railway Modeller published today that SMS will be featured in the August issue. Looking forward to seeing it

Paul R

Cheers Paul, Yes, its in the August issue, out this time next Month, but it will be the original Seven Mills with the Fuel Pumps along the back. I have done another article showing them being removed and then grassed over but I'm not sure if Steve Flint / Craig Tiley, will incorporate that into the same article or not.

I've then done another article on Bench Road.

All the photos for Seven Mills and Bench Road were done by me.

And then in July, I have another Editor due down to take some pics for an article for next year that will cover both Seven Mills and Bench Road as it is today.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 5

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

With the mess I've made of the Transfers, I think this is what I need to do with the weathering.

47142597_ZBOGrampus.jpg.65dbe6b36c6e77c21393d7eb6fb1fef5.jpg

Its got a Transrail T on it Andy

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, pwr said:

Its got a Transrail T on it Andy

Paul R

I saw that but couldn't find any pics with GRAMPUS on the sides.

Edited by Andrew P

17 minutes ago, shedman said:

Hope you enjoy Eastleigh tomorrow, Andy, and gain plenty more inspiration. All the Best, Trevor

Thanks Trevor, a good hearty breakfast should set the day up nicely, I hope.

I will try and get some film and pics if its busy.

• Like 2

Although this Video isn't due until tomorrow, I may not have time to load it to You Tube and so I've done it now.

It incorporates the Painting of the Yellow Dutch Livery to the Grampus.

• Like 7

Well that was almost a waste of a day of my life.:banghead:

Great time with George, @georgeT of course, but he / we decided against a breakfast to start the day.

Signal failures all over Hampshire / Surrey meant the 10-20 service from Waterloo still hadn't arrived at 14-30 and was reported as RUNNING LATE.

Consequentially, very little freight was happening, even in the Ballast Yard with just ONE, 08 shunting ONE Rake of wagons.

Then a trip to Ropley / Watercress Line to see what was being prepared for the weekends War Weekend, and the short answer was, NOTHING.

A couple of pics from Eastleigh, and some Video will be fitted on to one of my Videos shortly. 

IMG_4815.JPG.ebce0455c5456d212d8b43962d555492.JPG

IMG_4852.JPG.0ac004ca9ba91ef14c8398e5ab601845.JPG

IMG_4839.JPG.3282b7aff5ffade2a88aab41ffdb872f.JPG

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3