Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

QUESTION. = I photographed this 67 at Eastleigh last Friday, and noticed the wheel chocks, and it was still there on Monday. Some Locos stand there for several days, so why the wheel chocks?

Standard practice in most yards these days Andy, particularly loco's which are 'non standard'. In this instance not every driver will sign 67's so if it needs moving it can be hooked onto something else and dragged without someone knowing how to take the handbrake off, everyone will sign 66's for instance. If the handbrake has never been put on then it can't be left on when it gets towed around.

• Informative/Useful 3

32 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Standard practice in most yards these days Andy, particularly loco's which are 'non standard'. In this instance not every driver will sign 67's so if it needs moving it can be hooked onto something else and dragged without someone knowing how to take the handbrake off, everyone will sign 66's for instance. If the handbrake has never been put on then it can't be left on when it gets towed around.

Cheers Al, that makes a lot of sense now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Andrew P said:

QUESTION. = I photographed this 67 at Eastleigh last Friday, and noticed the wheel chocks, and it was still there on Monday. Some Locos stand there for several days, so why the wheel chocks?

IMG_4852.JPG.640e2993205d174fcf03357eb81bbcab.JPG

IMG_4854.JPG.9593a44cb524f9bb7f1f7cafa3503e06.JPG

Andy am

I seeing the number as 67028? Think they look great in this livery.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Andy am

I seeing the number as 67028? Think they look great in this livery.

Yes indeed Julian, 67028, and one of my favourite Liveries as well, but not only on the 67's but also the 60's and 66's I think.

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Its primarily a safety issue Andy.  Handbrake should be applied, but if the shunter or driver remove the handbrake prior to moving it/starting it, and the air brakes have leaked off over time, it still cannot go anywhere... well in theory!

• Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

I can see why you like Eastleigh (along with many others): there’s a lot of varied action.

Paul.

Indeed there is, with 4 Routes, the Yard, and two Depots there is usually something to see, plus a lot of Crew Changes to and from the Docks on Freightliners. 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Indeed there is, with 4 Routes, the Yard, and two Depots there is usually something to see, plus a lot of Crew Changes to and from the Docks on Freightliners. 

Unless its Friday! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Not posted any pics for a couple of days, a mix of other things, heat, (although its the coolest place to be) and a lack of Mojo.

TBH, I'm still looking at ideas of how I could do a roundy in O, but I think it would only work with things like Panniers and SWB Stock on the Peco Set Track curve.

Anyway, a pic from Eastleigh last Friday if that is of any interest to anyone.

IMG_4898.JPG.d687c82c6f3c8026c6b332ce5dea89b8.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

So, as its chukkin it down outside, I decided to do the Grampus weathering and film it and some running this morning, so here is a before and after photo.

IMG_4799.JPG.9375f31326e3cb656ac2cc666fb6fc95.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG.6281d19d48c8299ba6a3df22ece83f29.JPG

IMG_4913.JPG.4634f270770955bede2818d5adc1c20d.JPG

• Like 18

23 minutes ago, pwr said:

They look the part Andy. A good fit with those Turbots

Paul R

Thanks, and considering the disaster with the transfers, I'm more than pleased with them, I might even get another 1 or 2, depending on how things pan out over the coming weeks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Well done Andy.

A great Muck up, when it could have been a right c*** up!

All the best

TONY

Cheers Tony, that just about sums it up mate.:good:

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So, as its chukkin it down outside, I decided to do the Grampus weathering and film it and some running this morning, so here is a before and after photo.

IMG_4799.JPG.9375f31326e3cb656ac2cc666fb6fc95.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG.6281d19d48c8299ba6a3df22ece83f29.JPG

IMG_4913.JPG.4634f270770955bede2818d5adc1c20d.JPG

I reckon you cheated and left them out in the rain for an hour while you consumed tea and buns.:jester:

• Funny 2

38 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Did I spy something lurking in the coming next month column of a certain mag? ;) 

Sure did Bud, and more to come.

I photographed it before removing the Fuel Pumps, so there is a follow up due to show and explain that, and then another featuring Bench Road.

Then next Month I have another Editor coming down to do a full shoot ready for next year some time.

All good news.:good:

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

Nah, your weathering is far better.

Have you ever considered doing wagon loads for them?

Photo is not a Grampus, but the wagon load could be typical.

2021-06-18_21-16-42.jpg.8ff872f8c4c54f23cd3f8ccd37f2f289.jpg

Hi Mick, I've done that for my OAA's.

DSCF4542.JPG.9145a20a5dc6437a18a977ff09e9cd71.JPG

DSCF4543.JPG.54f5fbf189c1b46e0efe00c8e8fc1128.JPG

DSCF4544.JPG.bda7d3ee4d076c9ef389c6d627a29743.JPG

I will do a PILE of Sleepers, I like that idea.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Andy, thanks for the positive feedback re. my clouds and sky.

It was fun to do and worked out better than I expected. But nice to have the result judged by somebody with an artist's eye.

Jeff

• Like 1