Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

52 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Going to pick up my copy in the morning.

Cheers, Ade.

There's some other interesting O Gauge stuff in there as well, like building a 4F. I hope you enjoy it Ade.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 22:16, DaveF said:

Andy,

I enjoyed the article, it put the whole layout into conext, reminding me of stages I'd forgotten in its development, even though I've read all your posts in this thread.

Now I'm looking forwards to what comes next in your layout room.

David

Thanks David, I'm working on a few ideas for the New Layout, and one thing I would like to incorporate is a Viaduct, but nothing as well built as this masterpiece done by Jeff,/ @Physicsman using individual hand made and individually laid Stones.

image.png.18ce22e169e9e9a353df910a1a1dd249.png

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the plug, Andy.

Can I point out to those that don't know me, that the picture of the gent in the garden standing next to his garden railway viaduct, certainly isn't me - though I wish I had his garden! Not sure why this image comes up with the link to Gill Head.

Fruitful discussions last night, Andy. Your idea for the viaduct, in your suggested area (I'm keeping mum) is a good one, and will be fun to build.

Jeff

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, shedman said:

Enjoyed the article, Andy, well written and informative. Looking forward to hearing what you're planning next. Trevor.

Thanks Trevor, I hope to have something concrete to show in a New Thread in the Layouts Section in a few weeks, in the meantime, I will continue to post pics here to keep SMS on Topic as well.

Thanks for your support.

• Like 1

An Ariel view of Seven Mills Sidings shown most of the Scenic area. 

The Layout can be extended 3 ways, over the Level Crossing, beyond the Platform or from the fiddle Yard below the camera. It needs to find a good home for after the Photo Shoot on the 27th.

DSCF4521.JPG.bd707f5640b0b2d9e65d8b467219f786.JPG

• Like 14

Lots of interest in Bench Road, and once again, it can go after the 27th.

It does not include a DCC Controller, but does include a 12V for the Yard and Portacabin lights. The 3 Points are manually operated via small GEM levers hidden in the undergrowth. It can be either extended Scenically or a Fiddle Yard can be added to the right hand end under the Bodgit Bridge.

1035477945_UIMG_3842RMW.JPG.eaa7f843d26f7de09c80235247c00379.JPG

159015031_DSCF4018(1).JPG.024719c73bfcc4ce8b426d99a11eca71.JPG

1299499077_UDSCF4010(1).JPG.642fd50f4d366e8354728868cfe6f78d.JPG

DSCF4010.JPG.344abdea46af2b6d4240a4fd188738ab.JPG

DSCF4013.JPG.5716ff8564ed45795fc2df47ca99a689.JPG

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
On 09/07/2021 at 22:44, Andrew P said:

Thanks David, I'm working on a few ideas for the New Layout, and one thing I would like to incorporate is a Viaduct, but nothing as well built as this masterpiece done by Jeff,/ @Physicsman using individual hand made and individually laid Stones.

image.png.18ce22e169e9e9a353df910a1a1dd249.png

How odd that is my picture. I did post it on Jeffs thread at some point in discussions but it has been picked up randomly and the words below were not on the same page, even if you click on it it takes you to a different post. I think it is something to do with the software.

The gentleman standing by the viaduct is the late David Burt.  The viaduct is on Alan Brackenborough's garden railway and the train looks like my Bulldog and coaches.

Don

• Informative/Useful 1

15 minutes ago, Donw said:

How odd that is my picture. I did post it on Jeffs thread at some point in discussions but it has been picked up randomly and the words below were not on the same page, even if you click on it it takes you to a different post. I think it is something to do with the software.

The gentleman standing by the viaduct is the late David Burt.  The viaduct is on Alan Brackenborough's garden railway and the train looks like my Bulldog and coaches.

Don

Thanks Don for clearing that up, Jeff was pretty mystified as well, and I tried the link to Gill Head from several different pages, but it brought up the same thing every time.

Most odd.

It must be lovely to have a Garden Railway with realistic structures like that, especially in O Gauge.

1 hour ago, lezz01 said:

Nice to see SM in the toddler Andy. 

Regards Lez.

Thanks Lez, Yes really chuffed, that's over 40 articles now in various Mags since 2008 starting with Kingsmill in Model Rail.

• Like 1

Just finished the filming for Video No 100, that should be on general release on Friday 16th.

In the meantime I also did another Photo Shoot, (well 125 pics actually) so that should keep me going for a while.

I'll go and put the kettle on, we'll worry about it later.:notme:

DSCF4097.JPG.7772e130c34ba160be76c587bdf5097f.JPG

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, sb67 said:

Enjoyed reading about Seven Mills in RM Andy, always good to see one of my favourite layouts in print. :good:

Thanks Steve, Very kind of you, and I'm already geared up for the next project.:good:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

So you'll be selling Lazy Joe as well as the layout and stock?

Yes, Lazy Joe, His Son and Grandson are all spoken for mate. They will rest in a quiet backwater and have to find new things to lean on.:D

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1