Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

8 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Bit late for my time period (showing my age, I class 56 & 58 etc as ‘modern’)!  It’s very nice but leaves me confused: it’s not blue!

Paul.

P.S. I have learned something from that photo - I didn’t know 56 worked stone trains through Westbury.

Thanks.

Sorry, I missed the first bit, I have a Grey LL 20, and a LL Blue 37, so that all fits my S T R E T C H E D time period in Rule 1.

• Like 1

Firstly thanks to all the Friendly / Supportive ticks above, your all such a thoughtful caring crowd.

Well, back home now after an excellent day at Paul Chetter's and DigiTrains.

Discussing and learning more about DCC, and the intricacies of Sound Functions and the ability to move them around and re organise them was a whole new world for me, and although most of it went over my head, it was interesting to hear and see how things are done..

We also paid a visit to DigiTrains, and we were most impressed with the set up there, and the professionalism of the staff in there.

A long day, and although I could not forget the events of the last 48 hours, it did help to get away from the paperwork and phones for the day.

Cheers again to David / Jintyman for insisting on doing the driving today, and that must have been one eck of a long day from North Wales to Lincoln and back via Swad both ways, I hope he has a good and safe drive home from here.

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Firstly thanks to all the Friendly / Supportive ticks above, your all such a thoughtful caring crowd.

Discussing and learning more about DCC, and the intricacies of Sound Functions and the ability to move them around and re organise them was a whole new world for me, and although most of it went over my head, it was interesting to hear and see how things are done..

We also paid a visit to DigiTrains, and we were most impressed with the set up there, and the professionalism of the staff in there.

A long day, and although I could not forget the events of the last 48 hours, it did help to get away from the paperwork and phones for the day.

Cheers again to David / Jintyman for insisting on doing the driving today, and that must have been one eck of a long day from North Wales to Lincoln and back via Swad both ways, I hope he has a good and safe drive home from here.

Yes a brilliant day today, great hospitality from PC and his good lady and yes I was impressed with Digitrains, a very professional set up and courteous staff.

Great day Andy, thanks for the company.

Got back home at 00:03hrs, so a swift cuppa and off to bed.

Jinty ;)

• Like 4

Andy,

Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed having you and David with us.

Hope to see/hear your Class 37 on Seven Mills now that its dodgy sound project has been reblown with somethng sounding like a real loco. LOL.

I think you took in more about DCC functions and sound than you let on. Your questions showed that to me.

Best regards

Paul

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

If you had said you were venturing into the land of nowhere I would of jumped in the motor and met you and Jintyman......and the cakes and tea would have been on me.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, pauliebanger said:

Andy,

Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed having you and David with us.

Hope to see/hear your Class 37 on Seven Mills now that its dodgy sound project has been reblown with somethng sounding like a real loco. LOL.

I think you took in more about DCC functions and sound than you let on. Your questions showed that to me.

Best regards

Paul

Cheers Paul, I will do a Video, but it may take a week to up load to You Tube, haha. It did sound so much better, deep and throbbing. :o

Great Bacon butties as well.:good:

Cheers.

32 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

If you had said you were venturing into the land of nowhere I would of jumped in the motor and met you and Jintyman......and the cakes and tea would have been on me.

Cheers for the offer mate, it was a pretty busy and intense day with getting home about 2200 hrs and David STAGERING indoors in North Wales just after Midnight, and TBH after the weekend, I didn't know until late Monday if I would be up to it or not.

In the  end I am glad I took the break, but will make arrangements with the Likely Lads for a visit in the coming weeks.

Do you want us to brings some Hay or Cream Cakes? haha:laugh:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers for the offer mate, it was a pretty busy and intense day with getting home about 2200 hrs and David STAGERING indoors in North Wales just after Midnight, and TBH after the weekend, I didn't know until late Monday if I would be up to it or not.

In the  end I am glad I took the break, but will make arrangements with the Likely Lads for a visit in the coming weeks.

Do you want us to brings some Hay or Cream Cakes? haha:laugh:

The horses will eat both.

• Funny 3

Some pics of the Kit Built Class 56, 56047, I bought at the Show in Manchester last Saturday. It is fitted with an ESU Sound chip and sounds superb but without some of the great newer sounds that come with a Paul Chetter / Digitrains Chip, including the Brake effect that I like in O Gauge..

Also you'll see the Heljan 47, 47199, that is also fitted with an ESU Sound chip that came out of an OO 47 last year.

IMG_7802.JPG.324a64442fb44b65cedce3e756106bb7.JPG

IMG_7803.JPG.06d1eabdbe656e7fa57c6c3cfd1afc36.JPG

IMG_7804.JPG.c835b06dcf49e489e9f3cf2161bfd98d.JPG

IMG_7805.JPG.826c82fa578dc7b5f7e45d3ad7cbb8fc.JPG

IMG_7806.JPG.f2eb28e296d19cd621647e5af775c486.JPG

IMG_7807.JPG.0e7ff79ad7ec90211d71da29e1983e27.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word
  • Like 17

Hi Andy,

Sorry it's been a while, it was great to see you ever so briefly at Stafford!

I so nearly went to the 0 gauge show the other week, I've been trying to avoid the temptation of 0 scale again.

Anyway, this layout looks great, well done buddy.

Cheers,

John

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Hi Andy,

Sorry it's been a while, it was great to see you ever so briefly at Stafford!

I so nearly went to the 0 gauge show the other week, I've been trying to avoid the temptation of 0 scale again.

Anyway, this layout looks great, well done buddy.

Cheers,

John

Cheers John, Yes it was good to see you at Stafford mate. far to short a chat as my mates wanted to hit the road.

I do enjoy my Blue Diesel period, I also have two x 4mm Layouts on the go, Mason Street (Goods), and Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD, and are well worth a look at some time.

What are you up to now?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers John, Yes it was good to see you at Stafford mate. far to short a chat as my mates wanted to hit the road.

I do enjoy my Blue Diesel period, I also have two x 4mm Layouts on the go, Mason Street (Goods), and Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD, and are well worth a look at some time.

What are you up to now?

Hi Andy,

Good to see you are keeping busy but not too busy I hope!

I'm keeping on with my Prussian layout, Leberecht, it's appearing at Nick's small layouts show on the 8th June so maybe see you there!?!

Greetings from Greece!

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I didn't know our mate Andy was into science programs. I rang him yesterday and he said that he was watching something called Formula Won.....no idea what he is on about. 

Going around in circles and disappearing up...…………………...:nono:

C U Saturday mate.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

12 minutes ago, gismorail said:

That's some stud of 7mm locos your building there Andy like the 56   Are you going to up grade the sound project bet you could get a couple of 'Marshall' speakers in there ....

Cheers Martin, the sound is really quite good,  but I cant get to the Speaker so will live with that.

Very pleased with the Stock level so far.

• Like 2

Hi mate,

That is a cracking looking fleet you have there, well done buddy!

I used to have a 56 in 0 scale myself, it was a beaut. I had it done as 56 126 in large logo as I'd had a cab ride in that on the Midland railway back in about 1984/5!

That was a PRMRP kit, is yours the same?

Cheers,

John.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Hi mate,

That is a cracking looking fleet you have there, well done buddy!

I used to have a 56 in 0 scale myself, it was a beaut. I had it done as 56 126 in large logo as I'd had a cab ride in that on the Midland railway back in about 1984/5!

That was a PRMRP kit, is yours the same?

Cheers,

John.

Yes we believe it is a PRMRP Kit, and yes she is a beauty, and sounds wonderful. 

• Like 1

At the moment the 56 is my favourite in the fleet, may be because it's Kit Built, or the fact that it's weathered makes it blend in better, I'm not sure, but either way I'm glad I made the purchase.

I did umm and aghh but George T convinced me that it was worth the money.:good:

• Like 4