Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

You never know Andy you might get a property with room to extend. I always wondered what would have been the other side of the crossing and hopefully we might get to find out!

Paul R

PS I guess a new Peak is on hold pending the future direction of travel so to speak!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, pwr said:

PS I guess a new Peak is on hold pending the future direction of travel so to speak!

On the other hand one popped invitingly on a shelf in the new layout space, Sulzer throbbing away, might be exactly the sort of early inspiration needed.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Andy,

Best of luck for the pending move. Hope it goes smooth and relatively quick. Also the great SMS accompanies you.

I have just had a Class 20 move in, direct from Wigan. Now to save up for a partner for it. Box or disc?

Thanks Julian, I've had to order an EXTRA Pickfords lorry just for the Class 40, let alone the rest of the O Gauge Fleet, haha.:laugh:

Oooo a nice pair of 20's, well there's nothing wrong with that mate.:good:

20 minutes ago, pwr said:

You never know Andy you might get a property with room to extend. I always wondered what would have been the other side of the crossing and hopefully we might get to find out!

Paul R

Yes to both points Paul, The Peak is certainly on hold, and I have seen a Bungalow with a 22ft Workshop, which could mean another Fiddle Yard beyond the Gates, as they do work, so It would just be a case of hacking a hole in the backscene for a Loco to pass through, so there could in that case certainly be end to end running.

NICE.:good:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

On the other hand one popped invitingly on a shelf in the new layout space, Sulzer throbbing away, might be exactly the sort of early inspiration needed.....

GO AWAY,:nono: HAHA :D don't tempt me with ideas, I don't need encouraging when it comes to buying Locos, haha.:angry::P

But I do like your thinking, a shelf, with a Yard of Track and two wires and as you say, a nice big Sulzer throbbing away.:good:

30 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

Do you hve any green diesels or is it all blue and beyond

Paul R

All Blue and just the Railfrieght 20 and 56 Paul. I would like a 60 in TTG Sector one day maybe, when I have the funds not only to buy it but to Sound fit it as well.

In the meantime, I can always look at my 4mm one, seen here running Light Engine on a Running in Turn.

XDSCF3067.JPG.b82f7b07613e5c7fc78454956989d572.JPG

• Like 12

Yes the 60 is a magnificent beast but even though I have stock in three eras I am not opening my wallet for this one! Not that there is anything in it. I still want a  green Warship and if Tower still has any after this weekend I might order one! Can't get to the GOG convention I am afraid. 

I also think the 68/88 are impressive machines but too modern for me.

There is a view that eventually we all model what we saw when we were at school or in our teenage years and I think that is true so although my layout is set in the late fifties with stock to match I also have a large number of blue diesels. The ultimate thought is that if I ever finish the layout to the state it can be exhibited I will start in the fifties and work through to the seventies through the weekend.

Still toying with the idea of OHLE!

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Chris, Knowing the Island well it's biggest problem is getting on and off in the summer, with just the one Bridge. But as you say, some nice property over there.

I used to go to Aylesbury for business meetings when living and working darn sarff .:good:

It wouldn't be quite so bad now you are retired. It used to be a pig getting off when down there for a weekend on the motorbike and sidecar until I realised it was more fun to stay in the pub till the queue had gone.  You could also go down to the ferry cross over then get a bus into Portsmouth.  Marions uncle had a holiday bungalow at Eastoke originally an old railway carriage.The only problem now is they have built over a lot of places we used to walk. They have also built up the sea defences but I cannot see how that will stop the water going round the back.

Don

• Like 1

Cheers Don for those nice memories, I used to work out at Bob Wolgers Gym when I was doing Moto Cross, we used to R U N from Rails Lane at Eastoke along the Seafront to the Beachlands Golf course and back, then go into the Gym for an hour. Try running along that Sea front in a howling winter gale with the sea spray coming over the road.

YES I was stupid, now I'm just crazy, haha.:yes:

• Like 2

Andy, your front end close ups are so evocative of my shed bunking days, normally on Sundays when the locos were lined up nose to tail and you could only see the noses of the ones at the ends!

Good luck with the move and fingers crossed you won't be too long away from modelling.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Andy, your front end close ups are so evocative of my shed bunking days, normally on Sundays when the locos were lined up nose to tail and you could only see the noses of the ones at the ends!

Good luck with the move and fingers crossed you won't be too long away from modelling.

Thanks Rob, they are some of my favorite shots as well, especially the one with the 08 earlier.

Thanks for looking in and your best wishes.

6 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Andy,

Hope you have a great time at Telford tomorrow with Ade. Would love to have gone.

Regards

Julian.

Cheers Julian, I'll bring back some pics and post on here.

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Julian, I'll bring back some pics and post on here.

If you get a chance, a front on of the Heljan class 47 cab mock up (which is facing straight out anyway) would be much appreciated!

Enjoy

• Like 1