Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Just been catching up with your thread Andy. Good luck with the move, hope it all goes well. I've enjoyed looking back at your layouts, I'll hope to see a couple of them as they could appear on my local exhibition circuit, whenever it's safe to restart. And of course I cant wait for your next modelling chapter.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sb67 said:

Just been catching up with your thread Andy. Good luck with the move, hope it all goes well. I've enjoyed looking back at your layouts, I'll hope to see a couple of them as they could appear on my local exhibition circuit, whenever it's safe to restart. And of course I cant wait for your next modelling chapter.

All the best.

Thanks Steve, according to Colin from Dagenham, my St Budoc is now owned by a Model Shop out your way somewhere and has been to a few Shows, plus he might Exhibit Kingsmill TMD and Argyle Street at some point.

Thanks for the good wishes and stay safe.:good:

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Steve, according to Colin from Dagenham, my St Budoc is now owned by a Model Shop out your way somewhere and has been to a few Shows, plus he might Exhibit Kingsmill TMD and Argyle Street at some point.

Thanks for the good wishes and stay safe.:good:

I've seen St Budoc locally. I think It's now called something else and I know the shop. It's a small shop in Romford and I just hope he survives the current climate. 

• Like 1

Some lovely shots Andy 'New Mills' really was an all action affair and you sure did get a real main-line feel on this one. Very much enjoying these 'Blast from the past' updates....just can't believe how much modelling you have managed to 'cram' into the TOPS over the years....amazing ...prolific .......obsessed.....or just crazy about trains take you pick :clapping:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

So which has been your favourites?

No prizes, I'd just like to hear your thoughts, obviously O Gaugers will probably vote for an O Gauge Layout, Steam buffs will favour some Steam inspired ones, and Modern Image guys and Gals will go for the likes of New Mills etc.

So please give me YOUR feedback, it may lead to the inspiration for another project.:D

4 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Some lovely shots Andy 'New Mills' really was an all action affair and you sure did get a real main-line feel on this one. Very much enjoying these 'Blast from the past' updates....just can't believe how much modelling you have managed to 'cram' into the TOPS over the years....amazing ...prolific .......obsessed.....or just crazy about trains take you pick :clapping:

Cheers Martin, yes, the good lady would definitely say obsessed, I say that I have just a mild interest in Trains, and Model Railways.:no:

This morning I just got down to Seven Mills in time to catch 37206 leaving the Yard ready to collect an Engineers Train from the Top Yard and bound for Didcot Yard.

Behind you can see the pair of 20's and a Rat on the Fuel Roads. You can also see that the MOD Branch is being re laid, but not yet Ballasted.

UIMG_1235.JPG.d9bcf1774b93b0c7ad6d2c320984fdab.JPG

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, St Budoc for me. 

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade, I never expected that one, I thought you might have gone for Trebudoc. But thanks for your vote mate.

Pity we cant meet up again before I disappear, but we might meet at Shows like Bristol, Reading or Kettering some day.:good:

Keep well and stay safe.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I could pick several Andy  but my favourite thing is the way you make a country scene that happens to have a line running through it, in such a small space !  The scenery is definitely King.  :good_mini:

Hope all goes smoothly with the move and you both quickly settle in your new home. Also

Looking forward to the new Tops opening for business so we can get back to our daily fix of the 

'layout a day ' Speed merchant   :D

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Andy

Kings Moerton in 4mm, St Budoc in steam and the capers of Lazy Joe in modern day.

In all fairness I think all the layouts have something on them that makes me say "ooooh I like that or this" ...... 

Following on from others, good luck on the house move.

Jim

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

This morning I just got down to Seven Mills in time to catch 37206 leaving the Yard ready to collect an Engineers Train from the Top Yard and bound for Didcot Yard.

Behind you can see the pair of 20's and a Rat on the Fuel Roads. You can also see that the MOD Branch is being re laid, but not yet Ballasted.

UIMG_1235.JPG.d9bcf1774b93b0c7ad6d2c320984fdab.JPG

I always thought that MOD branch had a tight curve!  Might have been restricted to short wheelbase loco's - you could have treated yourself to an 03 or 05. Rails of Sheffield have the latter at bargain prices.

Paul R

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So, (at last, I hear a lot of people saying) is the final Blast from the Past, and yes it is New Mills, this is now up in Chester. It would certainly have benefitted from being a continuous Layout, and had some interesting movements, and the area around the Duck Pond in the Meadow was probably my favourite photographic area.

96830170_TrackPlan-MARKEDSIGNALS.png.78b2593e4f3aa4b69dbb3d04d119ea84.png

1904604905_Andabitoffun.JPG.1804dfb2c2e4a4b169848be51ebcda27.JPG

DSCF2857.JPG.4f1ce8d5d2986e0537ffdbf0544c0bb1.JPG

DSCF3191.JPG.222f1224245ed3791a1c5dda26601dfc.JPG

IMG_8913.JPG.caa63073e9a07b76116043bde23b7c83.JPG

UDSCF3995.JPG.9cd14bf8255885eca5632562db25b41f.JPG

DSCF4027.JPG.5d47decdd1fef3662ee8fa86d661067c.JPG

DSCF3958.JPG.7f71a65389054efcfde58cc403865d71.JPG

UDSCF3650.JPG.8061d4e1ef9bf2aa93f2adf3bb198215.JPG

UDSCF3658.JPG.eec1200ad3d0dcfaa7301a088decd5d6.JPG

DSCF3496.JPG.3404f04222e20a5980ae46488c4253a2.JPG

UDSCF3509.JPG.7ccd98338d87d8202c64eefdf42fca87.JPG

UDSCF3586.JPG.559fdc11feadc3ae30a3b4782c0f9def.JPG

XDSCF3321.JPG.2e9f5cc8286e0c5712135dd8703cbd45.JPG

UDSCF3281.JPG.5dfaccd5900f6aa6f05b76db6f47ea4e.JPG

DSCF3235.JPG.fa2f08d240c683f35a2a247a2d2ad30f.JPG

UDSCF3230.JPG.11947c205048538a25f0da2e23cab831.JPG

XDSCF3237.JPG.e9d80637852e766a49497499d33537d4.JPG

UDSCF3247.JPG.a04491f165a649789ca9bcf820540158.JPG

Do you know what makes me think looking at all your past layouts ? the money we have spent on various projects over the 25yrs we have known each other, must be thousands but will it stop us    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo Hahahahah, good luck with the move buddy, we will have a day on the Watercress line in july/August hopefully when we are in Portsmouth, must be your turn for breakfast, take care and keep safe....

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I have to say I preferred Kings Moreton, the roundy roundy with the hidden fiddle yard and the canal on the lifting flap. The scope for more scale length trains, steam or diesel, running through your magnificent scenery with the s curves did it for me. Trevor

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I love that third image of New Mills looking along the tracks. Not a train is sight just how it was for so often while you waited for something to come along even on 4 track main lines there wasn't something in view all the time.

As for my favourite you know I really liked Trebudoc. But all of them had something special about them (well apart from the ones you ditched early on.  I did like Pencarne as a junction I thought that had a lot going for it. But it was still good as a BLT.  I am not as keen on the diesels but the settings and scenery still have the AP magic touch.

Don

• Thanks 1

Various ones I quite like, but although its one of your more recent ones I do rather like New Mills, I like the simplicity of it. I think its similar to what I am trying to achieve with our new O gauge layout of putting trains in a scene rather than relying on shunting to keep the interest.

All the best with the move, Crewe shouldn't be too difficult to get to from the South Coast by train for the MIOG show (assuming we can pull it off this year!).

• Thanks 1

Cheers Guys, Some interesting likes amongst all your reply's, a lot of food for thought. I should know in 2 to 3 Months if Seven Mills will fit in and more importantly work as a Layout operationally again in the reduced space. It looks fine on paper, but I will need to wait and see once the Garage conversion is finished.

The next 24 hours will be a bit manic so I may not be on here quite so much, so please bear with me.

Wednesday night will be my final postings before loosing the Internet until sometime Monday 18th.

Keep well and Stay safe Guys and Gals.:good:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

My favourite has to be Bala Town as it provided the inspiration for my first O Gauge layout. After many years of OO modelling early last year I decided it was time to venture into O Gauge. However, I just couldn't come up with a track plan / layout design for the space I had that would provide enough operational interest and still have enough room for a few buildings and a bit of scenery. I then came across Andy's Bala Town thread on here and realised, with a bit of modification, that was just what I was looking for. So thanks Andy for providing me with the inspiration to get started in O Gauge.

Keith.

• Thanks 1