Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

2 hours ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Beautifully weathered models, Andy!

I have to admit, I cannot tell what scale they are so that indicates great modelling.

I assume, being in this section, they are 7mm?

Cheers,

John.

Thanks John, Yes, 7mm Seven Mills Sidings, but as for the pics, and their size, well thanks, some do look like OO but I always look at Coupling on other peoples pic to see if I can tell the Scale.

Keep well and safe mate and hope to see you at a Show next year, all being well.:good:

• Thanks 1

First job today was another coat of paint on the ceiling and walls, then Mike fitted the doors to conceal the meters. He has also made a frame with mesh to allow the Gas Pipe to breath, this has yet to be fitted.

The Doors have come off the Kitchen unit that will sit under the Layout frame which will be covered with a Curtain.

IMG_1691.JPG.56c72282b65e7035c1a87ef51595c77a.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG.3b3966aff45032c39c4755735eaa0775.JPG

• Like 18

So this is how the Lounge and Hall look at the moment.

In the Lounge the Layout is sitting on large plastic containers of Stock and other items. On the right are all my Guitars etc. Once all this has gone, we can get the Lounge decorated and sorted.

IMG_1692.JPG.01fe9f33671f4634e2d5049f535a0a97.JPG

And the one in the Hall is sitting where the door was originally going to go into the back of the old Garage, and I didn't want to spoil the Hall in the  end.

IMG_1693.JPG.0d32853adb5a2e6689c8744d6c95343d.JPG

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

First job today was another coat of paint on the ceiling and walls, then Mike fitted the doors to conceal the meters. He has also made a frame with mesh to allow the Gas Pipe to breath, this has yet to be fitted.

The Doors have come off the Kitchen unit that will sit under the Layout frame which will be covered with a Curtain.

IMG_1691.JPG.56c72282b65e7035c1a87ef51595c77a.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG.3b3966aff45032c39c4755735eaa0775.JPG

Smart professional work

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I reckon the door being to the outside will wok really well no layout mess in the house.  That worked well with TOPS. Here you will not interfere with indoors but not have to go out in the rain to get into POD. It looks really cosy in there. 

Don

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Smart professional work

7 hours ago, Donw said:

I reckon the door being to the outside will wok really well no layout mess in the house.  That worked well with TOPS. Here you will not interfere with indoors but not have to go out in the rain to get into POD. It looks really cosy in there. 

Don

5 hours ago, Joner said:

Looks great Andy, your boys fancy doing mine to?:biggrin_mini2:

Thanks Chaps, I must say that 5 Months ago, I had all but given up hope of a decent room, but this now, although smaller will be bright and cosy in the winter, and nice for the summer too.

I've knocked the possible window idea on the head. Far to much aggro with planning permission, building inspectors and the another Month of mess and upheaval, plus the extra security issues involved.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

This morning I found another old image from Seven Mills when I went to the Mills Lane Bridge in time to catch Rat 25285 and a lone Railfreight VAA departing for the top yard.

IMG_0944.JPG.672fcf774b6303091bf63022b6b39c47.JPG

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I've knocked the possible window idea on the head. Far to much aggro with planning permission, building inspectors and the another Month of mess and upheaval, plus the extra security issues involved.

You could always fit an outside CCTV camera connected to a big tv inside...

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

27 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You could always fit an outside CCTV camera connected to a big tv inside...

Cheers Mate, The cameras are coming, along with 3 x German Shepard's, 4 Doberman's a Jack Russel, and a squawkey Parrott.:good:

• Like 4

Andy my friend the POD is looking rather 'posh' indeed as you have said earlier maybe a Padded Cell :jester:but livin down south you might need it :cry:

Have you left enough space for your bunk bed maybe a pull out type under the layout :music_mini2: I'm sure that you must be feeling a lot more positive about things now that the 'man cave' is taking shape. Take care and keep in touch  

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/06/2020 at 00:00, Donw said:

Nip out often enough for a cup of tea or to use the toilet and you will let fresh air in evey time you open it.  I have a nice big 4inch hole drill for the SDS that woould give you plenty of air :nono: Seriously rather than a window take a brick or two out replace with an air brick and put a hit and miss on the inside. Meanwhile open the door if you are doing something creating fumes. 

Don

So no curry the night before an operating session.

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

6 hours ago, gismorail said:

Andy my friend the POD is looking rather 'posh' indeed as you have said earlier maybe a Padded Cell :jester:but livin down south you might need it :cry:

Have you left enough space for your bunk bed maybe a pull out type under the layout :music_mini2: I'm sure that you must be feeling a lot more positive about things now that the 'man cave' is taking shape. Take care and keep in touch  

Thanks Martin, A lot more positive about the POD, it has come together quicker and better than I imagined.

SMS is in but still not sure ir it will work or not, if not then I will need to make it a padded cell, haha.

• Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Temeraire said:

Hi Andy

Glad the move Sarrf of the river went well in the end. Fast work on the excellent looking POD, I better get a chip for the 50 ready for a visit.;)

Hi Ian, Yes indeed, that is if I can get it to work satisfactorily in the reduced space, pics up in a minute.