Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

But very tempted now. As Ian said, the Seeds have been sown, which is never a good thing with me.:heat:

I can sell you my green one with the original silencer and you can have the added satisfaction of converting it back, knowing its unique in having the full history! :)

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

I can sell you my green one with the original silencer and you can have the added satisfaction of converting it back, knowing its unique in having the full history! :)

Thanks but I don't do hacking and butchery very well, so it would have to be the Blue weathered one that I have been looking at since it first came out.

I was trying hard not to go down that Route as very few locations had Rats, pairs of 20's and Scottish 37,  and Railfreight 56's in the same Yard.

But Hey ho, Rule 1. Now where is that dealers phone number?:o:nono:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Great to see the layout up and pivoting sorted. I can understand Woodenheads comments about the pivot screw I would either drill right though the wood undeneath and fit a M8 bolt or use a 6mm ( old no 12 scew). Regarding the cutting of track power rather than mess about with fitting plates you could use the choc blocks like you did at Tops. Use a three terminal push fit set  run the fed to the DCC track buses up to the choc block.  Teminals 1 and two take the DCC feeds the main layout is fed from terminals 1&3. As the fiddleyard is swung into place the other side of the chock block plugs in. The connections to the fiddleyard go into terms 1 and 2 and there is a link fom terminal 2 to 3. Thus unless the fiddle yard is in place there is no feed to the DCC on either side.

If you can have power to the main layout without the yard in place you need some physical guard any decoders with stay alives could keep a loco running off the edge.

Don

• Like 1

Hi Andy, Great to see the layout will work ok in it's new home. I am sure once you get a class 33 a class 50 wont be too far behind. lol

Cheers Peter.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Donw said:

Great to see the layout up and pivoting sorted. I can understand Woodenheads comments about the pivot screw I would either drill right though the wood undeneath and fit a M8 bolt or use a 6mm ( old no 12 scew). Regarding the cutting of track power rather than mess about with fitting plates you could use the choc blocks like you did at Tops. Use a three terminal push fit set  run the fed to the DCC track buses up to the choc block.  Teminals 1 and two take the DCC feeds the main layout is fed from terminals 1&3. As the fiddleyard is swung into place the other side of the chock block plugs in. The connections to the fiddleyard go into terms 1 and 2 and there is a link fom terminal 2 to 3. Thus unless the fiddle yard is in place there is no feed to the DCC on either side.

If you can have power to the main layout without the yard in place you need some physical guard any decoders with stay alives could keep a loco running off the edge.

Don

Cheers Don, Some more good thinking there, whatever happens there will be safety pins under the bridge, and the more I think about it, and having looked at it again this morning, I really don't need the Fiddle Yard powered when over the workbench, it's only there for storage, likewise the three Loco holding Rails over the bench.

Cheers for more valuable input.:good:

1 hour ago, gismorail said:

Hiya Andy . I'm so made up for you that SMS fits into your new abode and things can start to move forward at pace. Can we now consider that Pit of Doom will now be referred to Pit of Delight .....:P

Or PAD, Pit of Destruction, haha.

Whoops, who didn't put the fiddle yard in place.:butcher:

27 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Andy, Great to see the layout will work ok in it's new home. I am sure once you get a class 33 a class 50 wont be too far behind. lol

Cheers Peter.

Don't you start as well Peter.:sarcastic:

The 50 was once my favourite box, and certainly a NSE would fit my Era.:nono: There I go again, being lead astray, next I'll be having a fleet of them.

50035 Ark Royal was one of my Favourites as it was the last Aircraft Carrier my Grand farther worked on in Plymouth Dockyard before he retired in about 1958, or 50005 Collingwood as I saw it race through Raynes Park one day and often saw them both at Fratton along with most of the Fleet. :good:

Off to check my Bank Account.:cry:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Don't you start as well Peter.:sarcastic:

The 50 was once my favourite box, and certainly a NSE would fit my Era.:nono: There I go again, being lead astray, next I'll be having a fleet of them.

50035 Ark Royal was one of my Favourites as it was the last Aircraft Carrier my Grand farther worked on in Plymouth Dockyard before he retired in about 1958, or 50005 Collingwood as I saw it race through Raynes Park one day and often saw them both at Fratton along with most of the Fleet. :good:

Off to check my Bank Account.:cry:

Log delivery by the end of the week then

• Like 3

You might well have to very seriously consider social distancing, not for health reasons you understand  but for welfare of locomotive survival before you ask the local railway model group round for the first I believe their a bit of a lively bunch :jester: 

1309156076_moshpit(223x162).jpg.d3a3c2b4f500311790d61481335e62fe.jpg

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Them blue ones are getting in short supply - best get on the phone Andy!

Paul R

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

One thing better than a class 33 is TWO 33s Hahahaha

My_35mm__(147).JPG

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Train p*rn, they are mating :D

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Your a big tease George but he does deserve it swanning off dwn south ..... were we toooooo common for him u here :sarcastic:

O.K.  O.K.  O.K.  I give in, your a ROTTER Mt Tait, ringing me up on a Sunday to say,

= Look what I've bought! :biggrin_mini:

I've been very good of late, and haven't bought a thing, but I will be checking how much I can get for my OO and hope there's a deal on this weekend. :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

One thing better than a class 33 is TWO 33s Hahahaha

My_35mm__(147).JPG

Two 33s with sound - what could be nicer!?!

I had to study Georges picture quite closely before I realised those holes in the cabs were actually just hole punch holes!

D'oh!

Enjoy your 7mm delicious-ness, I may have to go and hide as it's all so tempting!

John.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Two 33s with sound - what could be nicer!?!

I had to study Georges picture quite closely before I realised those holes in the cabs were actually just hole punch holes!

D'oh!

Enjoy your 7mm delicious-ness, I may have to go and hide as it's all so tempting!

John.

Yes John, And I forgot George used to keep his prints in a Ring Binder, so it's D'oh from me as well.:maninlove:

• Funny 3