Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

3 hours ago, kipford said:

Meet caroline:rolleyes:

Feature_11.jpg.3b7a853e324780c1720c07197291e7b2.jpg

We couldn't sleep, so time for a 2am cuppa. and just seen this little beauty pictured by Dave on his Brighton East, EM Gauge Layout.

Thanks for posting this Dave, I had no idea what it was, the only Caroline's I know are my Step Daughter and a once famous Radio Ship.:good:

Although not suitable for Seven Mills, It would certainly be a colourful addition to my growing fleet.:o:nono:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

We couldn't sleep, so time for a 2am cuppa. and just seen this little beauty pictured by Dave on his Brighton East, EM Gauge Layout.

Thanks for posting this Dave, I had no idea what it was, the only Caroline's I know are my Step Daughter and a once famous Radio Ship.:good:

Although not suitable for Seven Mills, It would certainly be a colourful addition to my growing fleet.:o:nono:

I would actually love one in NSE livery

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

It was built from a MARC models kit. Unfortunately it  seems that kit may be no longer available, see thread in the small suppliers section. Is it Bachman that does the LMS one?

• Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I would actually love one in NSE livery

26 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

It was at Paddington with a tractor throbbing away under the low roof below the taxi rank as I arrived on my way to work probably two years ago. I was late in!

11 minutes ago, kipford said:

It was built from a MARC models kit. Unfortunately it  seems that kit may be no longer available, see thread in the small suppliers section. Is it Bachman that does the LMS one?

Cheers Guys, Yes I have seen pics of such a thing in NSE Livery, and yes very nice indeed.

To put half a dozen Crew / Inspectors inside would be a tidy sum on it's own, haha.

• Like 1

Don't get excited Guys, as you can clearly see, it's the Lima one I did some work on last year, and a previously unused shot.

I just thought I'd throw it in this morning to pacify the watchers with Cromptonovirus, or the lockdown blues.

IMG_0899.JPG.0cdddce8f062a820a4bf00905241c4c7.JPG

Just a note on the pic above, it's hard to tell that the shot is only about 11ft in total.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

Seeing that picture of the Lima Class 33 'Cromptonvirus' indeed Andy, it really does show how things have advanced on the 0 gauge scene in recent years ....I often wonder what possessed an Italian model company to start producing British 0 gauge stock all those years ago but we sure are thankful to them now looking back....  thanks for the blast from the past Andy :victory:

Edited by gismorail
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

For reference Andy, its the former Southern Region General Managers Saloon, which if I remember right, was also used as Royal Working once.  Now somewhat downgraded to a pure inspection saloon, its in the hands of Network Rail at Derby I believe and used for various trips out, route assessments and also for signal sighting runs on a couple of occasions.

Rich

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Quite a good morning, I've fitted all the Exit Tracks to the Door Fiddle Yard, and re fitted the three Fiddle Yard Tracks ready to re wire.

IMG_1739.JPG.443d084b6011a62e914dd908bc91bd6a.JPG

That top photo looks like its been a very wet day scenic side at SMS :) Well done, never noticed it before....

Rich

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks for posting this Dave, I had no idea what it was, the only Caroline's I know are my Step Daughter and a once famous Radio Ship.

Didn't Status Quo once write a song about this?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Keith J said:

"Its rock and roll and rock and rock (and roll)"

(Must have had dodgy bogies)

Four words, three chords.

Vintage.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MarshLane said:

That top photo looks like its been a very wet day scenic side at SMS :) Well done, never noticed it before....

Rich

Not quite sure how that happened Rich, and don't know if I can repeat it, haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keith J said:

28 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

"Its rock and roll and rock and rock (and roll)"

(Must have had dodgy bogies)

Four words, three chords.

Vintage.

Don't know how I forgot that one as it's one that we do, hahah.:no:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Like the work on the Door fiddle Yard Andy looking good Excellent trains can now run as if nothing has ever happened :pleasantry:

Haha, That's what I'm hoping for Martin, I need to move the controller before it gets a running.:good:

• Like 1