Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Good one (or two!) Andy

Just been notified of the second batch of class 50's from two of our larger retailers.

As I missed out first time round I have pre-orders a large logo version

Paul R

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just been round Andy’s to pick up some wagons I bought off him and saw the new toys. The weathered 33 is very impressive for an out the box loco. The NSE one will look great once Andy has worked a bit of magic on it.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Good one (or two!) Andy

Just been notified of the second batch of class 50's from two of our larger retailers.

As I missed out first time round I have pre-orders a large logo version

Paul R

Don't mention the 50's Paul, I'll have to sell my Soul next.:no:

1 hour ago, kipford said:

Just been round Andy’s to pick up some wagons I bought off him and saw the new toys. The weathered 33 is very impressive for an out the box loco. The NSE one will look great once Andy has worked a bit of magic on it.

Thanks Dave, and for the purchase. It was good to see you.

Yes that NSE needs some grime on the Roof and Bogies, and the Blue weathered one just a little finishing off on the Bogies and Tanks etc.

• Friendly/supportive 1

I have actually got an old Parkins model of a 50 in blue - bought it back in the early 80's. Its not bad as a model but I haven't run it in ages.

I'll dig it out an pose it for a photo

Paul R

• Like 1

Temptation Mr Peters :warning: well I suppose it's allowed just this twice :crazy: after all you have moved into Crompton territory havin't you ......and I can only think that the new ballast has been authorised by the PW department as there's more money down south for track improvements :declare:bet it gave Lazy Joe something to watch or has he found a posh retirement home :sungum:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

57 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist. :biggrin_mini2: The NSE is a surprise though and looks great.

Cheers Julian, I remember standing around Starcross near Exeter, when I saw the first NSE Livery on Hoover, and was gobsmacked. I was doing continental at the time so wasn't even aware of it's being. It then obviously took nearly a decade for Lima and Hornby to introduce the Livery for Modellers.

47 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Temptation Mr Peters :warning: well I suppose it's allowed just this twice :crazy: after all you have moved into Crompton territory havin't you ......and I can only think that the new ballast has been authorised by the PW department as there's more money down south for track improvements :declare:bet it gave Lazy Joe something to watch or has he found a posh retirement home :sungum:

I think Lazy Joe will be mortified when he sees the cleanliness of the Toothpaste Cromptons Bogies, mind he is still in a box somewhere trying to force the lid open I think.:o

35 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Those 33's do look rather nice. I have been very tempted myself, but resisting so far. There is a rake of MK2 coaches and a couple of 47's to save up for!!

Cheers Al, Luckily for me, I don't have any Platforms in serviceable use, so I don't need a rake of coaches, I'm glad it's just a Yard.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Al, Luckily for me, I don't have any Platforms in serviceable use, so I don't need a rake of coaches, I'm glad it's just a Yard.

.....for now :(

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, kipford said:

The weathered 33 is very impressive for an out the box loco. The NSE one will look great once Andy has worked a bit of magic on it.

Sorry but I must disagree. The SR had a reputation for keeping its Class 33 clean inside and out and I don’t recall them being as dirty as that BR blue one.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Sorry but I must disagree. The SR had a reputation for keeping its Class 33 clean inside and out and I don’t recall them being as dirty as that BR blue one.

Whilst I do not dispute your comments there is always a prototype for anything, reasonable match I think.  End of a  wet dirty day before it went to the carriage wash?

Capture5.JPG.578a796eee8f899db361a533af9f7ec0.JPG

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

3 hours ago, kipford said:

Whilst I do not dispute your comments there is always a prototype for anything, reasonable match I think.  End of a  wet dirty day before it went to the carriage wash?

Capture5.JPG.578a796eee8f899db361a533af9f7ec0.JPG

And looking over the wall at Fratton as I often did in my Lunch Hour, I cant remember seeing many clean ones, if any at all, but then I was looking down on to the Roofs mainly.

These are NOT one of my Photos, but from of George T of this parish.

264519942_33118BRBlue(gt).JPG.8f974e1f91bde21f1b643e2f15df7d44.JPG

33029-Fratton-17Dec88_tif.jpg.2c432b2f1ce25ac37caa4fb272e9993c.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning Andy

As your willpower seems low at the moment, did you see the Heljan announcement yesterday? :D

I’ve already succumbed to temptation and ordered two! A correct coloured NSE one to do Temeraire and a black roof Large Logo to be Ajax. Need to decide what to do with the other one now, Lion possibly.

• Like 2