Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Which part of NO do people not understand, haha.:nono: If I were to spend any more on Locos, it would be another 47, a 56, or maybe a 50, but first I have 2 x Sound Chips to buy for the Cromptons, so that's this years money spent.

Stop wasting your money on sound chips (pure novelty) and buy a class 122, it will fit nicely in the platform. It is no bigger than a class 40. It can even bring in a parcels van for Lazy Joe to uncouple.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Which part of NO do people not understand, haha.:nono: If I were to spend any more on Locos, it would be another 47, a 56, or maybe a 50, but first I have 2 x Sound Chips to buy for the Cromptons, so that's this years money spent.

Ah yes but does your year start in January or August or some other month. Ha Ha

Cost of sound chips is one reason I have not migrated to DCC. I was however taken by that article not so long back in Hornby magazine when the editor piggy backed a Hornby TTS sound chip over a mainstream high amp O gauge decoder in CLASS 40. It all worked really well and cut the costs significantly if you are prepared to accept that you won't get all the full sound range you would from say a Loksound decoder.

DCC without sound is of no benefit to me but I am not convinced by the tinny sound that steam makes in DCC.

A 37 powering up and moving off with a heavy load - well that's something else.

Paul R 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I was informed earlier today by Steve Flint that Bala Town will be in the August Edition of RM due out on Thursday:good:

Moneys gone in the Bank, that will pay for one Sound Chip and more.:D

I look forward to seeing the article.

Don

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I was informed earlier today by Steve Flint that Bala Town will be in the August Edition of RM due out on Thursday:good:

Moneys gone in the Bank, that will pay for one Sound Chip and more.:D

I look forward to seeing the article.

Don

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Talking of magazines I note in BRM a two page spread on Trebeduc.

Yes indeed Julian, that too was a very pleasant surprise, although I wasn't informed by BRM about it, it was Peter BB who phoned me to ask if I'd seen it, which I hadn't.

It was another nice pic by Andy Y.

The Bala Town ones were done by me, so I hope they come out O.K..

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Apologies for duplicate posting RMweb seemed to be stuck on the reply page and never acknowledged receipt of the posting. 

Any suggestion that I have lost my marbles is only partially true.

Don

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

You can just hide one!

It's under 'options'.

You are not aware that I have hidden several 

Just seen the Bala Town aticle. Vey good pictures and article.

Don

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Great to hear that you have got things moving Mate, looking forward to watching and hearing the 33s moving around SMS soon ?

Thanks George, Now that things are moving, I can make a start on the 2nd Fiddle Yard, and see if I can get that as successful as the first.

I'm undecided on the 33 Chips, I've made enquires, and the Zimo looks to be the best option, but I'm also considering taking the ESU Chip out of the Lima 33, and removing a Motor from one of the Heljans to save some dosh.

42 minutes ago, Donw said:

You are not aware that I have hidden several 

Just seen the Bala Town aticle. Vey good pictures and article.

Don

Thanks Don, My friend, Peter BB has similar problems, with post and likes not showing, and then suddenly popping up twice much later.

Good to know the Bala Town article in RM has come out O.K., thanks for that.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Andy

Hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed Austria! The Seacow was all sorted out and on the layout by Lunchtime. Decided will probably leave it in its current condition to contrast against the much dirtier other wagons. The other wagons are also now in Bristol,  we had a surprise visit by the family on Sunday, so a perfect day!

IMG_2170.JPG.d4de0b8e87b81e6d15995befff8d68ee.JPGIMG_2169.JPG.3ccb58558198ca216bcb9c9fb06f59ce.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Looking forward to the second fiddle yard Andy

Paul R

Thanks Paul, I've been working on that just before lunch, and it's proving problematic at the moment, but I will overcome.

1 hour ago, kipford said:

Andy

Hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed Austria! The Seacow was all sorted out and on the layout by Lunchtime. Decided will probably leave it in its current condition to contrast against the much dirtier other wagons. The other wagons are also now in Bristol,  we had a surprise visit by the family on Sunday, so a perfect day!

IMG_2170.JPG.d4de0b8e87b81e6d15995befff8d68ee.JPGIMG_2169.JPG.3ccb58558198ca216bcb9c9fb06f59ce.JPG

Very nice Dave, yes leaving one a bit cleaner will help, although I would still do a little more rust down the slopes inside, and on the outlet shoots, but that's just me, I have a thing for rust, haha.

• Like 2

This morning I've been fitting some LED's to the Buffer Stops, I know there not prototypical, but they brighten up that end of the Layout.

They were By Coloured, so I just cut off the green tag, put a resistor on the main tag and wired them direct to the Track.

IMG_1879.JPG.55a0b3b1b8a87360c4e542d8049f5436.JPG

• Like 13

On 06/07/2020 at 16:55, pwr said:

A 37 powering up and moving off with a heavy load - well that's something else.

Paul R 

Will this suffice?

Sorry for the hijack Andy.  :dancing::dancing:

Your Cromptons look very nice, I may be tempted, after all they did get to S. Wales.

Jinty ;)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jintyman said:

Will this suffice?

Sorry for the hijack Andy.  :dancing::dancing:

Your Cromptons look very nice, I may be tempted, after all they did get to S. Wales.

Jinty ;)

Great Video Jints, and I think you'll find the odd 33 also got along the North Wales Coast line as well, possibly to Llandudno Junction, but I may have just dreamt that up.:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Great Video Jints, and I think you'll find the odd 33 also got along the North Wales Coast line as well, possibly to Llandudno Junction, but I may have just dreamt that up.:D

The 33's had a regular Cardiff - Llandudno turn. I think they were 33/2's with the high level jumpers. At least I've seen a few pictures of those in N. Wales.

Jinty <_<

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1