Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Bloomin' 'eck Andy! I go away for a week and look what you've gone and done.Got to be a 10/10.

atb 

Phil

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, 34006 said:

Bloomin' 'eck Andy! I go away for a week and look what you've gone and done.Got to be a 10/10.

atb 

Phil

Thanks Phil, not much more to do now, and then I can start to play Trains again, haha.:good:

• Funny 1

Well as reported a day or two ago, soldering to the little tags on the Adapter Plate was not my thing, my hands were to shaky to hit the little tags, and so I've reverted to the MX696 and Screw Terminal Adapter Board.

David / Jintyman sent me through the wiring diagram, and a couple of pictures so that mistakes didn't happen along the way, and I was able to quickly get it working with no issues.

IMG_1988.JPG.10402d8c4d71d0effbd0b7b90b19b1b2.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG.5afe818753d56cc7b2fec63e30d04504.JPG

• Like 12

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Well done on the chip fitting mate very neat and tidy, you will have to get the airbrush out and tone that NSE 33 down, they didnt look like that for long?

Yes mate, it's mainly the roof and underframe I want to do, so can't wait now.

I did have the Airbrush out yesterday to weather the Rail sides and sleepers before I start to Ballast. I also have 37018 to do, and the ploughs on 37183 as there a new fitment.

• RMweb Premium

I have fitted several of those Zimo decoders in my mate's Heljans Andy.

I always mark one edge and the corresponding edge of the socket board with a black felt tip pen as it is so easy to put the decoder on the wrong way round.

Mind you, I possibly separate the two more than you find you have to. I just thought I'd chuck the tip in for what it is worth to you and others.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ray H said:

I always mark one edge and the corresponding edge of the socket board with a black felt tip pen as it is so easy to put the decoder on the wrong way round.

Mind you, I possibly separate the two more than you find you have to. I just thought I'd chuck the tip in for what it is worth to you and others.

When I receive them, they are marked with a large and small circle corresponding with two lumpy round bits on the Chip to help identify which way round they go.

HOPEFULLY mine should never need to come off again in my lifetime, haha.:o

• Funny 1

17 minutes ago, Ray H said:

BTW I like the new Avatar mate.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

You've got to hook those front couplings up out of the way, Andy.Can't have them fouling equipment in the four foot - could get expensive!

Otherwise again it's a 10 from me.

atb

Phil.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 34006 said:

You've got to hook those front couplings up out of the way, Andy.Can't have them fouling equipment in the four foot - could get expensive!

atb

Phil.

Yes, they are fiddley to get hooked up, even in 7mm.

7 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

I seem to remember a show where the lighting was almost non-existent and it was xyzzy difficult to unhook/hook them up.

Yes indeed, Trebudoc at Kirkby in Ashfield, and more than just the one wagon dangling from the hook if I remember Peter, haha.

Happy days.:good:

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, 34006 said:

atb

Phil.

couplings must never be hung on their own hook. That’s bad practice 

• Informative/Useful 1