Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

55 minutes ago, MartynJPearson said:

Hi Andy,

Don't very often head over the large print section (!) so missed out on Seven Mills. Looking really good, although given the video on Tuesday I think you need to call the tree surgeons in to do some pruning!

Good to see your move went well and you lost no time in finding a new home for the railway!

Thanks Martyn, I didn't want to move house, so the POD / Pit of Doom, was a priority once we arrived, I must say, it's come out a lot better than I imagined when I realised I had to lop nearly 2 feet of the Layout to get it in.:good:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joner said:

I'm giving you more work Andrew.

How about some girders and graffiti on that bridge of yours? Bus is an optional extra :D

Joner

DON'T MENTION THAT BLOOMIN BRIDGE, haha:nono:

That is the Baine of my life, YES it needs finishing, yes I have some Plastruct to do it, but, NO, no, no.

I hate doing solid objects like that on Layouts.

Give me a Field, a Hedge, a lane, and I'll do it all day long, but Bridges no.

If someone walked in and said, I'll do that bridge this afternoon, I would be over joyed.

Every photo that has the Bridge in it has to be put through Paint to add the Girders etc. for the finished effect. 

It will get done, possibly a Winter project, although it has gone through the last 3 Winters un touched, but maybe this year will finally see it done.:good:

BUT don't hold your breath.:o

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

DON'T MENTION THAT BLOOMIN BRIDGE, haha:nono:

That is the Baine of my life, YES it needs finishing, yes I have some Plastruct to do it, but, NO, no, no.

I hate doing solid objects like that on Layouts.

Give me a Field, a Hedge, a lane, and I'll do it all day long, but Bridges no.

If someone walked in and said, I'll do that bridge this afternoon, I would be over joyed.

Every photo that has the Bridge in it has to be put through Paint to add the Girders etc. for the finished effect. 

It will get done, possibly a Winter project, although it has gone through the last 3 Winters un touched, but maybe this year will finally see it done.:good:

BUT don't hold your breath.:o

You'll still get it done by the time I finish my first wagon :(.........i must get on with my own POD.

• Friendly/supportive 2

Off out to Eastleigh later, I'm meeting up with Ian / Temeraire and Scott / Pitbull, for a coffee, maybe some retail therapy at AC Models, and possibly lunch if we don't get blown off the Platform first.

Might even do some Train Spotting and get some photies for later:D

• Like 9

Firstly thanks to Ian and Scott for a really good day, and good company, also Ian for the Lunch.

A few interesting bits at Eastleigh today, the morning was a waste of time, but after refreshments in The Spoons, things picked up a bit.

Apart from one incident that involved,a bit of Low Flying, a Fishy smell, a bit of swearing, and a moping down of the head, hair and jacket, the rest of the day was fairly uneventful. I'll let Ian explain if he wants to.:o.

Here's a few pics, but nothing exciting, although it did give me some ideas for another project, haha.

And yes, that is a young Lady driving the 59.

IMG_2690.JPG.215d49e5dddbbfec06fb78b3f4339197.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG.dd37b6337b5ed7ae41b49a2f866e4b66.JPG

IMG_2696.JPG.489a1f0b61526adc5215fcc88d5a9a6d.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG.2de250ae530f57e1c75c6689af6ce372.JPG

IMG_2704.JPG.52dab478363ab388e53cdf2f3221ee7c.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

3 hours ago, pwr said:

So you'll be ordering up some Dapol 66's then!

Too modern for me but they are a bargain compared to Heljan's pricing.

What we need is some RTR container wagons

Paul R

Hi Paul, No mate, that would be far to new, despite me getting carried away today, but I do have another deal in the pipeline, but I can't reveal any details just yet.:good:

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Paul, No mate, that would be far to new, despite me getting carried away today, but I do have another deal in the pipeline, but I can't reveal any details just yet.:good:

It's a DMU.

Seven Mill Station  is reopening :yahoo_mini:

Knew you cave in eventually :rofl:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

9 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Hi Andy,
Good to catch up with you and Ian today, thanks for all the ideas!! I look forward to seeing your plans some time soon..

8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Plan pm'd.:good:

7 hours ago, Joner said:

Oh come on Andrew, tell one tell all

(Or pm me too!)

Haha, Sorry Joner, the Plan was for Scott's Layout, not mine, hence the pm direct to him.

I can do no more in the POD, apart from the small area over the Workbench for a Depot  hard standing at some stage.

I will always look for things to build, and one day, I might sell SMS and start again, but that's NOT even a consideration at the moment.

But do stay tuned for more adventures soon.:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

This morning the Van's for Cardiff Docks were once again late, and held in the Goods loop from the Top Yard, having just worked down from Dore End. In charge today is Rat 25285, whilst in the background is sister Rat 25054 and a pair of 20's on the two Fuel Roads.

UIMG_2247.JPG.75b0b0f5081add03a21f78fe257d85d4.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 16

7 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

You can tell its a Saturday Andy, the yard is empty and Lazy Joe is no where to be seen!

Rich

The Catfish have been collected for the weekend Engineering work in the Bristol area, and will then be marshalled at Stoke Gifford Yard. 

A view from over the fence by the Platform end of 37206 at rest.

IMG_2679.JPG.e6b5158822882eb6bec0812a85db81b7.JPG

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Between rain showers, I managed to get a shot of 33012 coming over Yard Lane Crossing from Seven Up Junction.

IMG_2251.JPG.85819a28ccf73ec865c7716d93ec97a3.JPG

Oh no!!!!!! surely the management haven't put Lazy Joe in charge of level crossing duties it can only led to a incident :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

41 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Oh no!!!!!! surely the management haven't put Lazy Joe in charge of level crossing duties it can only led to a incident :crazy:

The Train Horn should wake him up, haha.:unsure:

• Funny 4