Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, lezz01 said:

That's not true I'm afraid. We used to move by train at least once a year when I was stationed in W. Germany in the 80's and if we came back after dark we used to leave everything on the train in the goods yard until the next day. Yes we used to leave a guard on the train but it was still in the open yard and we didn't patrol as there were still train movements going on through the night. I can't speak for what happened in BR yards but they certainly left loaded stock in the yards overnight on the Deutsche Bahn and I'm talking proper kit too not just MKs and landies.

Regards Lez.     

Hi Lez

The same happened at Andover, trains with Ferret Scout Cars loaded waiting to be shipped to or form Ludgershall would sit in the yard for days so it would appear.

• Informative/Useful 2

This morning it's a look across from the field and parked up is 47199 and a short rake of Catfish and 08173 plus a couple OAA's and VAA's plus an unidentified 37 lurking in the background for good measure.

IMG_2716.JPG.7d8e597ac3fadf2410a5409fe714cb00.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

This morning it's a look across from the field and parked up is 47199 and a short rake of Catfish and 08173 plus a couple OAA's and VAA's plus an unidentified 37 lurking in the background for good measure.

IMG_2716.JPG.7d8e597ac3fadf2410a5409fe714cb00.JPG

There's probably a forum somewhere that could identify the 37 for you!

Reminds me of a trip to Swindon once where my friends were going to go through a hole in the fence and get all the numbers of stored locos. Good boy that I am, I didnt really fancy that so after a long and heated discussion, we eventually agreed if I nipped through the hole and just had a quick look down the line, I had "spotted" them and it was fine for me to write the numbers down once my accomplices had collected them. They inevitably got spotted and the police called but we managed to evade capture.

We eventually got home to Southampton about 3 hours late to some rather tense parents. Funnily enough I dont recall any trips after that one!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

There's probably a forum somewhere that could identify the 37 for you!

Reminds me of a trip to Swindon once where my friends were going to go through a hole in the fence and get all the numbers of stored locos. Good boy that I am, I didnt really fancy that so after a long and heated discussion, we eventually agreed if I nipped through the hole and just had a quick look down the line, I had "spotted" them and it was fine for me to write the numbers down once my accomplices had collected them. They inevitably got spotted and the police called but we managed to evade capture.

We eventually got home to Southampton about 3 hours late to some rather tense parents. Funnily enough I dont recall any trips after that one!

Luckily for me, I can cheat,:o I only have 3 x 37's and can look over the top to see which one it is. haha:good:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Andy, that is a lovely picture, full of atmosphere

Cheers

David

Thank you David, I do think the low level ones, especially with O Gauge do give a different perspective and look more realistic, and that's what adds the atmosphere.

I'll pop a few more up today.

• Like 1

A quick dash down to Seven Mills before lunch and just in time to catch the 20, 20142 attached to Railfreight  20156 coming into Seven Mills. On the No 1 Fuel Road was Rat 25054 and 47199.

Unfortunately, I'd miscounted, and it was the last picture on my Roll of Film. BU66ER.:angry:

IMG_2447.JPG.d66e3273aadc152cf25cbe75254d6f5e.JPG

• Like 13
  • Funny 1

And by the time I was on my way back home, Loch Long had moved to the Fuel Road, a pair of 20's had taken up residence in the old Engineers Siding and 33012 was making it's way towards the Top Yard, and probably on to Dore End.

IMG_2093.JPG.f3adffd0375df99be7a820e9a4dd2dfd.JPG

• Like 9

1 hour ago, David Bell said:

A large logo Scottie dog 37. What's not to like!

I wonder why we all call this logo a Scottie dog when it is quite clearly a Westie dog?!

Most Scotties are black.

Yeah, I could never get my head around that one, Wife used to tell me off for calling them that, as she worked in a Vets, haha. 

• Funny 1

37 minutes ago, pwr said:

Any thoughts on getting a Dapol Turbot Andy?

Paul R

Not at the moment Paul, I'm waiting for the Railfreight VEA next on the O Gauge Wagon front. The Turbot looks nice but like my OAA's I keep forgetting to put the loads in and out, with a Van it's no worries.:good:

• Like 1