Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

All adds to the atmosphere buddy, more crap the better,  Hahahahaha

Yes mate, and cheers for the reminder this morning. I might add some more bits of Rail, and I could possibly do with a couple of those Grey Lineside Boxes / Cabinets etc.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pwr said:

Pity they don't do any RTR yellow self propelled maintenance vehicles. A tamper would look good in here.

Paul R

Wow, Yes Paul, now that would be worth having, just imagine a fully working DCC controlled Tamper.:good:

Dear Santa.:mail:

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Wow, Yes Paul, now that would be worth having, just imagine a fully working DCC controlled Tamper.:good:

Dear Santa.:mail:

They did it in HO. Peter Clark Models do a basic kit but I know you don't do kits.

Mind you Heljan are going to run out of stuff to do once they cover the 58 unless they go more modern or electric. I don't suppose the latter would sell well that said. They just announced an 02 shunter which looks pretty neat but not one I want to get. We can hope! 

Still hopeful for a Lion prototype or Kestrel

Paul R

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pwr said:

They did it in HO. Peter Clark Models do a basic kit but I know you don't do kits.

Mind you Heljan are going to run out of stuff to do once they cover the 58 unless they go more modern or electric. I don't suppose the latter would sell well that said. They just announced an 02 shunter which looks pretty neat but not one I want to get. We can hope! 

Still hopeful for a Lion prototype or Kestrel

Paul R

Deffo NO Lion or Kestral for me, and Kits are a BIG NO NO as well, and like you I don't want the 02, I like a 56, but funds won't go that far now I'm afraid, besides I do have PMRP one which runs nice and sounds good so that will do me for the next few years.

Busy this morning at Seven Mills, and looking down from Mills Lane 47199 takes the empty Catfish towards Seven Up Junction. Just beyond the Crossing it will be attached to the rest of it's Train complete with Brake Van for it's journey South.

UIMG_2791.JPG.b2c43b9b3a9c8d2afecc4642a752b594.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Dragonboy said:

A suggestion if I may, but just a subtle touch of rust on the chairs as they look as if they have been there a while. 

Great idea, thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten, yes that will be done.

Cheers.:good:

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

To finish off those sleepers, I’d dry bush them with a light grey colour, very sparingly to,highlight the edges and will also pick out some of the grain

Nice one Ian, that's tomorrows little task sorted then, Cheers.:good:

Andy, I am in awe of your work.  Also surprised you don't do kits.  A note about weathering, I recently had a revelation from Jinty.  He showed me the way with black enamel wash and I've been using that on a number of wagon builds lately.  In short, splosh it on to the work, leave it to dry and then remove most of it with Qtips and white spirit (NOT enamel thinners).

John

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brossard said:

Andy, I am in awe of your work.  Also surprised you don't do kits.  A note about weathering, I recently had a revelation from Jinty.  He showed me the way with black enamel wash and I've been using that on a number of wagon builds lately.  In short, splosh it on to the work, leave it to dry and then remove most of it with Qtips and white spirit (NOT enamel thinners).

John

Thanks John, Yes he told me the same and I've got a very clean 37, 37081, Loch Long, and another Loco in the pipeline to be done at some point. I do enjoy my weathering projects and used to do an awful lot of mainly OO stock for people and I've also done several articles for Railway Modeller on Weathering.

Cheers again, I haven't tried his method yet, so looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, 47606odin said:

To finish off those sleepers, I’d dry bush them with a light grey colour, very sparingly to,highlight the edges and will also pick out some of the grain

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Nice one Ian, that's tomorrows little task sorted then, Cheers.:good:

So, after a snooze in the chair after Lunch, I thought, why wait till tomorrow.

IMG_2879.JPG.18e05b9c87572097ee2f0a958fdc877f.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG.3f9a5b6b93804ed4bcb37cbccf0b0593.JPG

IMG_2881.JPG.3e3100a21d61635fdda9ab7433f03ead.JPG

IMG_2882.JPG.06eb81de36b8383c9d527eb6cd8c3c70.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG.139b7a19a5b674de4476c200c53ccd06.JPG

IMG_2884.JPG.056a8fcdd1ecbc378ffc17799b2b5e2f.JPG

IMG_2886.JPG.dc1084ffb19f842c182f92ef0eb3de35.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG.b8ad5767cc3d24b0254e932d5b60c020.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG.192643807af99b61d72efb82176619e1.JPG

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks John, Yes he told me the same and I've got a very clean 37, 37081, Loch Long, and another Loco in the pipeline to be done at some point. I do enjoy my weathering projects and used to do an awful lot of mainly OO stock for people and I've also done several articles for Railway Modeller on Weathering.

Cheers again, I haven't tried his method yet, so looking forward to it.

Snap Andy, I have done many weathering projects in both scales for myself and others over the years.  I am continuing to do that having just refurbished 7 pregroup wagons for a friend  I do try to improve.

There is the 20 waiting for it's weathering.  Just waiting on ModelU to send me the driver.

I'm not so famous as to have had articles in the mainstream mags although I have published several in our local BRMNA Journal.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, brossard said:

Snap Andy, I have done many weathering projects in both scales for myself and others over the years.  I am continuing to do that having just refurbished 7 pregroup wagons for a friend  I do try to improve.

There is the 20 waiting for it's weathering.  Just waiting on ModelU to send me the driver.

I'm not so famous as to have had articles in the mainstream mags although I have published several in our local BRMNA Journal.

John

As long as you can keep the brain active you should be good for many more projects yet John.:good:

Those opens look as good(bad?) as some at Chasewater,bits of ballast and other junk in the bottom,with weeds and young trees growing out of it all.You could add a few battered and splintered sleepers showing evidence of a "whoops,scotties "moment.Saw some down nearNeath a few years back,after a hiccup with a train of loaded hoppers...

Cheers 

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Andy was good to have a chat the other day and from my photograph you saw the size of my task reference moving :crazy_mini:

Been catching up with all the wonderful weathering and 'all that crap' that you have been so busy with ...excellent work 'young man' it's amazing the difference it makes to the general atmosphere of the yard. :victory: 

• Thanks 1