Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, sjrixon said:

Glad to see this is still going strong. But a new project, 2 points,  some wood. About 2 weeks of work

Is that with one hand tied behind his back?  :jester:

• Funny 1

I'm still trying to find suitable Motive Power. I fancy Steam, something like an Ivatt 2MT Tank, but I can also go to Blue for something small and different like a 26 / 27 maybe. I don't want new as the budget wont stretch to that, plus it's really only a side project.

Having said all that, I do still have 2 x O Gauge Points and enough Track to do something in O, but that's not so saleable, plus would not leave enough room for scenics in a 6ft x 1ft format.

Plenty of thinking and planning still to do yet, but I'm in no hurry.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Or even the original Trebudoc.

59170030_Trebudocgeneralgoods017.JPG.663b7274cc444de14cf7391306a26527.JPG

Must admit Andy, I always liked the original Trebudoc ... I know why you changed it, but it was a nice detailed little shunting yard with plenty of opportunity for operations and pictures.  Needs something like a Minerva Peckett :)

Rich

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Must admit Andy, I always liked the original Trebudoc ... I know why you changed it, but it was a nice detailed little shunting yard with plenty of opportunity for operations and pictures.  Needs something like a Minerva Peckett :)

Rich

Cheers Rich, It was a good little Yard to shunt, especially using a Card System.

Something like a Peckett would be good, but don't forget, this will be OO, and from what I've read nothing seems quiet or reliable, especially things like Dave Jones or Dapol J94's. I'm thinking Diesel for reliable smooth running.

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Rich, It was a good little Yard to shunt, especially using a Card System.

Something like a Peckett would be good, but don't forget, this will be OO, and from what I've read nothing seems quiet or reliable, especially things like Dave Jones or Dapol J94's. I'm thinking Diesel for reliable smooth running.

What about something like the Hornby 0-4-0ST Peckett's with a DCC stayalive in them? I have not seen one myself, but they should be reasonable and good for low speed slow shunting?

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with as I'm trying to do something similar. I really liked the original Trebudoc, if the location was moved north of the border it would look great with a 26/27 shuffling some wagons around. 

I'm looking for a more urban setting for my layout but cant seem to come up with anything plausible. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, MarshLane said:

What about something like the Hornby 0-4-0ST Peckett's with a DCC stayalive in them? I have not seen one myself, but they should be reasonable and good for low speed slow shunting?

Yes the Peckett sounds like a nice idea, Rob / NHY 581 has done a stunning job on his ones,

20200915_180708-01.jpeg.e5936575a39f31fb2d79924369dbbe77.jpeg.58e793fc607124bae58009f2b25ac671.jpeg

and I hadn't thought about DCC and a Stay alive, that too is a good thought. Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, D6775 said:

How about something industrial using a Hornby Sentinel or Golden Valley Janus? Some of them can be picked up fairly cheap I think. 

Hi Al, Funnily enough my mate suggested a Sentinel earlier this evening on the phone, only because he wants to sell his, haha, I hadn't considered the Janus though, another good one worth looking into.

Thanks for the thoughts and idea.:good:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

There's a string of Tube wagons, and an uncoupler magnet missing in the second pic.

How many changes did you make?

ATB
TONY

And the light at the other end of the Loco Tony, did you miss that obvious one?:laugh:

• Funny 2

Now on good terms with Lazy Joe, he lets me park my Anglia in the Yard and take some photos. Here's the Black Heritage 08, No 13003 ticking over and ready to move to the Top Yard.

UIMG_2944.JPG.eb5dbdd979be4704e2477900ee71f030.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Now on good terms with Lazy Joe, he lets me park my Anglia in the Yard and take some photos. Here's the Black Heritage 08, No 13003 ticking over and ready to move to the Top Yard.

UIMG_2944.JPG.eb5dbdd979be4704e2477900ee71f030.JPG

But I thought LJ had retired!

Take care the yard foreman doesn't  catch you.

Nice car, wish I had one now, my first 2 cars were 105Es, the first cost me £60 in

1970 or 71

TONY

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

But I thought LJ had retired!

Take care the yard foreman doesn't  catch you.

Nice car, wish I had one now, my first 2 cars were 105Es, the first cost me £60 in

1970 or 71

TONY

Turns out, Joe's Son is the Foreman, he's the one leaning against the Office all day. 

IMG_2108.JPG.c149aee91fe11cbffb1beeb8ef9dff2f.JPG

• Like 6
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Turns out, Joe's Son is the Foreman, he's the one leaning against the Office all day. 

IMG_2108.JPG.c149aee91fe11cbffb1beeb8ef9dff2f.JPG

Is it true that the yard foreman is also Joe (LJ2)?

'cos Joe senior couldn't be bothered to think of another name fot the boy.

Indeed is that LJ3 (or junior) leaning against the morris traveller?

TONY

• Like 1