Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Taken a few days ago when the Sun was shining, 08173 shunts the Rake of Catfish in Seven Mills Yard.

Around these parts that would have to have been taken a few weeks ago to catch the shining sun!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Around these parts that would have to have been taken a few weeks ago to catch the shining sun!

Oh, We've had some nice days this week, I've been out in my T Shirt most of the week.

nbasymuyf0hmoy0x8xc3.png.4fd9d741f94412d2c36fcd8053d79057.png

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Taken a few days ago when the Sun was shining, 08173 shunts the Rake of Catfish in Seven Mills Yard.

DSCF4499.JPG.63b6ac2d83ea3dbb6520e037d2ddf738.JPG

Don't you mean A rake, surely they're not the same ones, time and time again!

Have a good day

TONY

• Funny 2

5 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Don't you mean A rake, surely they're not the same ones, time and time again!

Have a good day

TONY

Haha, Yeah, I mean No, well actually some days possibly but not always in my small imagination Tony.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Andy,

What did you use to infill  track on your level crossings, on one of your layouts it looks as though it may have been cork?

Doing a little diorama where most of track will be covered with concrete in a yard etc.

Naa, Just cardboard or Plasticard, depending on what scrap I have lying around, I think this one is Plasticard though.

About 20 years ago Sainsburys were changing some signage, and I asked if I could have the old stuff, and they said yes, providing it was never shown as a complete sign, so I got about 5 sheets of about 3ft x 5ft some 2mm and some 3mm. I've almost used it all up now for Platforms, Roads, Buildings, Control Panels etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Andy,

What did you use to infill  track on your level crossings, on one of your layouts it looks as though it may have been cork?

Doing a little diorama where most of track will be covered with concrete in a yard etc.

I used coffee stirrers liberated from the well known coffee chains on Black Notley.  Not so easy on a curve mind you

Paul R

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

I used coffee stirrers liberated from the well known coffee chains on Black Notley.  Not so easy on a curve mind you

Paul R

Another great use for them, nice idea.:good:

I used them on Trebudoc for the Coal Bins and Fencing.

Edited by Andrew P