Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A short Train of mainly VAA's and OAA's crosses Yard Lane Crossing and passes through Seven Mills headed by 37206.

ADSCF4508.JPG.169f1079132af2fdbaae80fde68f8c31.JPG

Not sure Andy but I think the static grass in the foreground is looking a bit flat :P  Nice catch though .. how is it you always time your walks when freight is about!

Rich

• Funny 3

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Not sure Andy but I think the static grass in the foreground is looking a bit flat :P  Nice catch though .. how is it you always time your walks when freight is about!

Rich

Haha, I could always post an un edited one, and as for timing, I have a MAN on the inside, LJ.

DSCF4644.JPG.590212640750dcc671d731fc87f9a0d3.JPG

• Like 9
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Haha, I could always post an un edited one, and as for timing, I have a MAN on the inside, LJ.

DSCF4644.JPG.590212640750dcc671d731fc87f9a0d3.JPG

Ah! Id forgotten about old LJ :) (Shock, horror!) .. hmm, see the problem!  You'll have to create a temporary field board that you can position there when you want to do the pictures, save you work on the PC ... just don't put any sidings on it!

Rich

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

Ah! Id forgotten about old LJ :) (Shock, horror!) .. hmm, see the problem!  You'll have to create a temporary field board that you can position there when you want to do the pictures, save you work on the PC ... just don't put any sidings on it!

Rich

Sidings?  MORE SIDINGS,  YES YES YES Now there's a thought.:good:

• Funny 2

7 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, I always like a pair of class 20's. Takes me back to my trainspotting days in Nottingham in the 1970's. Just love the distinctive sound of those engines.

Cheers, Ade.

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I agree about the Sound, Paul Chetter set them up so they start up separately, and also the Brake release's are individual, the horns are even different for direction of travel, and as you say, they sound distinctive and in my humble opinion, awesome. 

After your Post this morning, I had go out and give the 20's a short run. They were sitting in the Goods Relief Road by the Controller, and as I didn't want to attach the Dore End Fiddle Yard, they were run forward to the Level Crossing, then back to just under the Bridge to give me enough room to change the Points to take them up to the Old Engineers Siding, next to the Platform Road. Most enjoyable and rewarding.

I keep looking at selling the Layout and all the O Gauge Stock to make room for a smaller Roundy Layout, but when running like I did this morning, even if it's only for a few minutes, I do wonder.

• Friendly/supportive 2

21 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

Is that young lad leaning on your Morris Minor, Lazy Joe's nephew. I hope he wipes his ar$e marks off the bonnet.

Grandson, :P the other chap leaning on the wall is Son of LJ, so he is LJ the Younger, and Grandson is LJ the Much Younger.:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Very impressive Andy

I am looking forward to getting a blue 47 in the next batch from Heljan. I am going to finish it as 47 085 Mammoth which got transferred to Stratford in the 70's although I may have to give it a grey roof

Paul R 

• Like 1

Just now, pwr said:

Very impressive Andy

I am looking forward to getting a blue 47 in the next batch from Heljan. I am going to finish it as 47 085 Mammoth which got transferred to Stratford in the 70's although I may have to give it a grey roof

Paul R 

And 1 flush end 

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, pwr said:

I don't recall it having a flush end when I saw it

What was the date it had it

Paul r

Paul

It had a flush end in 1980. Here is a picture of it at Liverpool Street Photo by Nigel Menzines

47085 "Mammoth" Liverpool Street

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim

This version has the corporate nameplates. When it was originally transferred it had its original GWR style with the Egyptian font and black background.  It must have been in a collision to get this style of front end suggesting a new cab perhaps. I think more research needed on my part.

Paul R

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to continue the 47 discussion. 47085 still had dominoes both ends in April 1979 but by July 1980 was ex-works so may have been flush at no. 1 end then. Was actually flush both ends from 1980 until around 1983. The MAMMOTH plates were moved by SF to the higher position on transfer but were still WR style.

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, pwr said:

Jim

This version has the corporate nameplates. When it was originally transferred it had its original GWR style with the Egyptian font and black background.  It must have been in a collision to get this style of front end suggesting a new cab perhaps. I think more research needed on my part.

Paul R

Paul

This is what is on the class 47 website...... I do believe that whilst this loco was under some sort of exam that this loco was chosen to take part in experimenting with the front domino lights .... unsure ..... but like you say worth investigating.

FFlush ends ~ Both ends. At one time was flush at both ends, but with lenses and grommets. Replaced with non-recessed flush front at No.1 end, and conventional panel at No.2 endlush ends ~ Both ends. At one time was flush at both ends, but with lenses and grommets. Replaced with non-recessed flush front at No.1 end, and conventional panel at No.2 end

Jim

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Looking down from Mills Lane Bridge this morning  and 47199 Sits in the Middle Road with just a single VAA and OAA ready for departure.

DSCF4532.JPG.f229ed133826fa4afd8a70ab5f639349.JPG

That really looks the part. I have a 47 somewhere in the loft, has not been out the box in six years, maybe more. It'll feature on Little Allerton though

• Like 1

Important announcement.

Today I have requested Planning Permission to use the Loft and convert Seven Mills Sidings into a Roundy Layout for the first time.

Permission was INSTANTLY GRANTED, and so now the planning begins.

It will be accessed via the 4ft x 2ft hatch in the Garage / POD / Pit of Doom, via a ladder to what will be the new Play Pen all being well.:good:

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Important announcement.

Today I have requested Planning Permission to use the Loft and convert Seven Mills Sidings into a Roundy Layout for the first time.

Permission was INSTANTLY GRANTED, and so now the planning begins.

It will be accessed via the 4ft x 2ft hatch in the Garage / POD / Pit of Doom, via a ladder to what will be the new Play Pen all being well.:good:

Super news!

However given you love a new project, will we actually see Seven Mills mk27b or will you start again with a new space to fill?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Quickest planning permission ever granted.............

So will we see a 4mm layout in the original POD or will this becomes LJ's new home?

Jim

Lazy Peters second home for a small OO, Art and Music I hope.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

6 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Super news!

However given you love a new project, will we actually see Seven Mills mk27b or will you start again with a new space to fill?!

I don't think there will be a New Project as I like Seven Mills to much, plus the  expense, wiring etc. The basic idea drawn up this evening is for the Main Line and Goods Relief Roads that go under the Bridge to turn 90 degrees and then joint to make it a single Track, and the two Fuel Roads to continue as Loco Stabling, maybe with one or two more sidings for Loco Storage. The left hand end either continue over the Level Crossing as a Single Track to form the Loop, or if I have enough length revert back to running on past the disused Platform.

The new plan wont have room for a Fiddle Yard as such as I want as much Countryside as I can get in, so basically almost 3 side for me to do  Fields and Lanes etc so back to what I enjoy doing and plenty of room to do it. The total run should be almost 60ft.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Sorry to continue the 47 discussion. 47085 still had dominoes both ends in April 1979 but by July 1980 was ex-works so may have been flush at no. 1 end then. Was actually flush both ends from 1980 until around 1983. The MAMMOTH plates were moved by SF to the higher position on transfer but were still WR style.

2 hours ago, jcarta said:

Paul

This is what is on the class 47 website...... I do believe that whilst this loco was under some sort of exam that this loco was chosen to take part in experimenting with the front domino lights .... unsure ..... but like you say worth investigating.

FFlush ends ~ Both ends. At one time was flush at both ends, but with lenses and grommets. Replaced with non-recessed flush front at No.1 end, and conventional panel at No.2 endlush ends ~ Both ends. At one time was flush at both ends, but with lenses and grommets. Replaced with non-recessed flush front at No.1 end, and conventional panel at No.2 end

Jim

Thanks both.

I must admit I was shocked to see it when it came over from the Western but became a firm favourite well before the 'County' names appeared on the Great Eastern.

Paul R