Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A little package arrived yesterday from Made in Manchester / Along Classic Lines.

Its a Portacabin.

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Bed ordered.

Until I read that reply I had visions that you were going to use as it a place for the next layout!!! 

One wonders what a 4mm roundy-roundy in 7mm would be ...... yea ok, I'll get me hat n coat :D:punish:

Rich

• Funny 2

17 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A little package arrived yesterday from Made in Manchester / Along Classic Lines.

Its a Portacabin.

IMG_3273.JPG.5b741096f8c08db95018a07e78d1d974.JPG

IMG_3274.JPG.7e2faa7b256e4febe67b982f3422b1b7.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG.71da8a57022773d75ccf4bb0cdddf9f1.JPG

So this morning I made a start with the assembly, it's very easy and went together nicely.

IMG_3276.JPG.f4c2992c5baaa6c03d955f7aa495c82d.JPG

It then had a coat of Freight Grey, and whilst the paint was still wet, it had a blow over with White Primer on the upper half to give a weathered effect.

IMG_3277.JPG.af5e187ee5c8b27acee60f2f6780b9a1.JPG

The Roof was then done in a darker Grey.

IMG_3278.JPG.05dccfd5b4df6afe74b669e2d63c8813.JPG

And the window frames and Door were done in Ford Olympic Blue.

IMG_3279.JPG.5c5e523c86ce92f28ae2b5f23178dea3.JPG

Whilst waiting for the windows, door and roof to dry, I tried it in a couple of locations, although it's final resting place will be on the new section once completed.

IMG_3280.JPG.475007327a2744662feb0d15af3424ce.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG.6dad6a11a8dc2c51fc7b17f288c977e3.JPG

I'll get some more done tomorrow.

Love the new porter- cabin mate, really fits the bill, building kits is the most rewarding part of the hobby, well done...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Love the new porter- cabin mate, really fits the bill, building kits is the most rewarding part of the hobby, well done...

Cheers George. It will work well, especially if the proposed addition comes to fruition, if that doesn't happen, I'll find a good home for it possibly along the back as per the last photo.

I just need to sort out the lights now, I have them ready, it's just a case of fitting them in the roof, and that will be left removable so that I can add Crew and Furniture later.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 34006 said:

That certainly looks "right" Andy.Captures the look of it perfectly.

atb

Phil

Cheers Phil, Yes I agree, it does look O.K. there, if it has to stay there permanently, but I would remove the  barrier to the left and move it along an inch or so to give more room to the right between the Cabin and the Track.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Phil, Yes I agree, it does look O.K. there, if it has to stay there permanently, but I would remove the  barrier to the left and move it along an inch or so to give more room to the right between the Cabin and the Track.

Yes,but you'll have to leave room for LJ's car,else he'll have to walk more than three steps!

atb

Phil

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Hope you are feeling better now?  Glad to see you seem to have had a restful week, take it easy mate.  SMS looks as good as ever! Did you see the Hatton's email with the warflats reduced in price this morning?  Unfortunately, said email also promoted an almost £175 reduction in the A4s .. so I may crack under the strain.....

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Hope you are feeling better now?  Glad to see you seem to have had a restful week, take it easy mate.  SMS looks as good as ever! Did you see the Hatton's email with the warflats reduced in price this morning?  Unfortunately, said email also promoted an almost £175 reduction in the A4s .. so I may crack under the strain.....

Thanks Rich, I saw a Hattons E-Mail on my phone, and just deleted it without reading it, I'll check out their site later so thanks for the heads up mate.

A chap offered me a Darstead A3 or 4 yesterday as a swap for my Toothpaste 33 / NSE, but I declined, as it would only sit on a shelf, and I can't afford that sort of ornament.

All the best mate.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

37183 and my Anglia sitting in the Yard.

ADSCF4510.JPG.4d642a02300ea161c08f6206390bc2d6.JPG

You can tell that's a model - there's no visible rust on the Anglia! I had a white estate as my second car - i.e. not my first in case anyone runs away with the idea that I was affluent! - in the mid 70s and all I seemed to do was try and hide the rust.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

53 minutes ago, Ray H said:

You can tell that's a model - there's no visible rust on the Anglia! I had a white estate as my second car - i.e. not my first in case anyone runs away with the idea that I was affluent! - in the mid 70s and all I seemed to do was try and hide the rust.

They were great as Camouflage, :scared: My First Anglia, 100E hardly rusted at all, but I usually only kept cars for a Month or two as I did them up and sold them on.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

They were great as Camouflage, :scared: My First Anglia, 100E hardly rusted at all, but I usually only kept cars for a Month or two as I did them up and sold them on.

So what's the excuse for keeping LJ for more than month or two? :jester:

• Funny 1

This morning a start was made fitting the Lights, they will be replaced by LED's next time I need to order something. but these bulbs will do for now as they are well away from the woodwork.

A plug lead is used so that I can wire into the plug from the Track and then plug the Cabin in after.

IMG_3316.JPG.11925c882ca29e40bea226fb7542e487.JPG

IMG_3309.JPG.9ce31a77ce918b9f5b57d487fb03f7e1.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG.aaabc6fef3bb7cc998a6e5d0403b7a78.JPG

And a similar idea is used inside so that the roof and lights are sepperate and can be removed for fitting out the interior.

IMG_3307.JPG.9bd7490493effd66ce75c5f6cd0058a8.JPG

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Next up is the Steps and signage.

What like Home Sweet Home?

He will need some black out curtains as well.......

what about a sky dish so he can catch up on the soaps on these long dark winter nights

• Funny 3