Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

3 hours ago, David Bell said:

Brilliant video Andy. Really enjoyed it.

My word, you have covered a lot of ground over the years,

Cheers

David

Thanks very much David, 2008 and Kingsmill was my first proper Layout and was in Model Rail that year as well. Obviously there are many more Layouts than the ones in the Video that have been started, finished and Sold, and also many that have been as far as the Running Stage but never finished.

Here's a few of them that didn't make it to the Video.

Trent Valley Freightliner Depot. 2008

P1010014.JPG.93fe82be3548e465c787c4a223dd5949.JPG

Deesdale Road. 2010, Still on the Exhibition circuit now in the hands of Peter BB of this Parish.

68719976_GCRRuddington2013Aug3rd4th011.JPG.d07712ee26e58a3f93069e2ac1b6ea8c.JPG

49485099_GCRRuddington2013Aug3rd4th009.JPG.3134ad08b06e9f9075774dd33a2764c4.JPG

Masons Lane. 2012

638286117_MasonsLane001Copy.JPG.3d366af92ed545e14317af9ce6293385.JPG

Fiddlers Yard 2013

1921112281_ShuntingPics067.JPG.02b4dd0626b89df5a03073e228617d31.JPG

Bitton 2014

238259514_Platform1end002.JPG.5368c15c01a84b402525f3351b5d411f.JPG

Whittaker St 2015

359064285_IgottheBlues016.JPG.5e9453a44ac0ede040b9cee1309d5ce6.JPG

Willsbridge 2016

1236893435_Planning3003.JPG.716c196a9c1e6c177c6d23419298ef35.JPG

Bristol Victoria 2017

430167159_RedonePatriotD16Cl25015.JPG.808590092cf62bd154f3f27200268c62.JPG

Kingsford, North Yard and Depot 2017.

1919786573_StoctTesting1013.JPG.d1f07bb754d34e30a2aaec295cb2befb.JPG

Pen Y Bont, O Gauge, 2018

604862245_RunningSession2008.JPG.2aae4bfaa2f00ee875cba30e3f183cbd.JPG

Beale St O Gauge. 2017

1269814385_FirstPlay022.JPG.47dcfb235e5d539bc0cd2048916ab8ed.JPG

PLUS there are a couple more that have come and gone over the years.:o

Don't try and add up the cost of the Stock I've had past through my little fingers.:scared:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

There are a lot worse things you could do with the money.  Not only have you had a lot of pleasure out of it so have many on here and the people who have seen them at exhibitions.  Nearly all those layouts have had some spark of imagination that made them stand out. 

Don

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Donw said:

There are a lot worse things you could do with the money.  Not only have you had a lot of pleasure out of it so have many on here and the people who have seen them at exhibitions.  Nearly all those layouts have had some spark of imagination that made them stand out. 

Don

Thanks very much Don, I do have certain favourites, and in a minute I will reply to Clive M about Bitton, but surprisingly it is in the favourites list, as is / was Pencarne Jct that was in the Video.

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I am still sad that Bitton project was ended. I know your reasons but it had the potential of being a master piece. 

Thanks Clive, Bitton is in my favourites list for many reasons, the flow of the curve the hand built points and general look. But I had so many comments trying to get me to do exactly as per the Prototype, which I said from the start I would not, as I am useless at copying a prototype, or making Buildings etc. hence the Station and Goods Shed Buildings etc. were near enough for me, as were many other aspects, I just wanted the feel of the place.

Then I started to get some issues with the Fine Scale SMP Track, problems of my own making, but none the less annoying enough for me to call a halt to it.

Regrets  = Yes

But sometimes in life one has to move on.

But here is a Video of it under construction, please excuse my mates, haha.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, KNP said:

Still my favourite layout of yours because of that majestic double sweep of the track you introduced.

You have the space now to bring that feature back on a new layout?

Thanks Kevin, I've been out there this morning and seriously thinking of doing similar. It would mean selling SMS, but in the long term, I would have another project. I would have the Baseboards pre made this time, so it would only be Track and Scenics to do, which I enjoy. It would also possibly be WR Hydraulics as they run well,  and at least have a couple of different Liveries with Green and Maroon, plus the odd Desert Sand. Also that would mean short Vans that look better on the reverse curves.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.:good:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Your making lockdown much more bearable Andy with all these lovely videos, but can you give it a break for a while please, so i can go in my railway room and run some trains on my layout !

O.K O.K. see post above, I'm off to do some planning.:dancer:

• Like 2

Your video prompted me to look at your other threads. I am a fairly recent joiner to RMWeb so much was new to me.

For you they are nostalgia, for me much is inspiring stuff (and I am far from alone given the many positive comments others have made over the years). Well done indeed. Will watch your future plans with interest.

As others will appreciate trawling through the Andy P back catalogue takes some time. All day in fact!

Cheers

David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Your video prompted me to look at your other threads. I am a fairly recent joiner to RMWeb so much was new to me.

For you they are nostalgia, for me much is inspiring stuff (and I am far from alone given the many positive comments others have made over the years). Well done indeed. Will watch your future plans with interest.

As others will appreciate trawling through the Andy P back catalogue takes some time. All day in fact!

Cheers

David

Thanks David, I hope you do indeed get inspired by some of my efforts, even failures for me might be a spark for someone else.

Also you can check out my You Tube Channel = Andy Peters Model Railways.

Good luck and ENJOY.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 21/11/2020 at 08:03, Andrew P said:

Over the last few days whilst resting, I have put together a compilation  Video SPECIAL.

It is basically a compilation of Photos and Videos of some of my favourite Layouts from N, OO and O Gauge from over the last 15 years or so.

I hope it also shows the fun I've had building and running them over that time.

So, if you have 45 minutes to spare, sit down with your favourite drink and a piece of cake, and I hope you enjoy a look back over the years, and enjoy seeing the Layouts as much as I have in building them.

Hey Andy = I have been commanded to make contact by Mrs MB (Chris).

Last evening we did as invited and gave over our prime time Saturday viewing to watch your video

on the telly.

We very muth enjoyed our trip through time. Unfortunately only accompanied by tea these days, but

that's another story.

Chris would not be convinced that the music was not an original version, until your captions came up.

I am to tell you she was most impressed.

I have also come to realise that she will get on well with Clive, she's obviously a DC person. 'cos she prefered

the pictures soundtrack, to them noisy layout videos!

All the best, and keep well

TONY

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

Hey Andy = I have been commanded to make contact by Mrs MB (Chris).

Last evening we did as invited and gave over our prime time Saturday viewing to watch your video

on the telly.

We very muth enjoyed our trip through time. Unfortunately only accompanied by tea these days, but

that's another story.

Chris would not be convinced that the music was not an original version, until your captions came up.

I am to tell you she was most impressed.

I have also come to realise that she will get on well with Clive, she's obviously a DC person. 'cos she prefered

the pictures soundtrack, to them noisy layout videos!

All the best, and keep well

TONY

Well thanks you both, I'm glad you liked the music, a few duff notes, but even I can live with that. The photos were far to quiet and earie with no background sound so something  had to go in but to avoid copywrite it could not be a commercial release. I might do some more pics on the next Video and add another Track from my past.

Thanks again Folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Finally got around to watching the video and a treat after the mug shots all brought back pleasant memories, not to mention the personal renditions on guitar of some of my favourites.  As an aside John Rostill, who came later in the Shadows, was in the same year and house at school.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Finally got around to watching the video and a treat after the mug shots all brought back pleasant memories, not to mention the personal renditions on guitar of some of my favourites.  As an aside John Rostill, who came later in the Shadows, was in the same year and house at school.

Thanks Peter, Glad you liked the Video, the next will be Preserved Railways, so quite a bit of the GCR no doubt. Although JR was very good, I still liked the Jet Harris and Tony Meham days.

• Agree 1

A bit late this morning, the Flip Flop decided to do an up grade, and then shut down due to a flat battery that I couldn't see because it was a plain blue screen. I plugged in the charger, re started it, and then it went into an Automatic UNDO of the Up date.

It's NOW asking for another Up date to be done.:angry:

• Friendly/supportive 3

26 minutes ago, pwr said:

Just a thought Andy - should there be a catch point on that siding to protect the main line

Paul R

Possibly, maybe on the others too, but there not having one as I consider it as part of the Yard.