Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

A chap on Facebook has suggested I have Bridge over the River Axe, (for those not in the know, Guitars are known as Axe's), I like that idea.

IMG_3449.JPG.b0763ecc200d49d8edca881f1d606ae2.JPG

Morning Andy. I assume you've planned this out already but how will a back scene fit with those electric wall sockets? Just a thought. 

Regards, 

Brian. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Nice idea Andy only one question it looks like it will only connect with one road in the fiddle yard. Mind you that will still work as it will just be a transfer to SMS.

Regards Don

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

Morning Andy. I assume you've planned this out already but how will a back scene fit with those electric wall sockets? Just a thought. 

Regards, 

Brian. 

Sorted Brian, I cant have a high Backscene along behind this area because of other things as well, so will probably just put a Wall along the back.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Donw said:

Nice idea Andy only one question it looks like it will only connect with one road in the fiddle yard. Mind you that will still work as it will just be a transfer to SMS.

Regards Don

Correct Don, I didn't want to encroach to much on the work bench as that is where I do my Chip fitting etc, plus some of my Art. The one connecting line will be all I need, because as you said it's works just as a Transfer from the Main Layout.

• Like 1

So, I've been out and collected my Timber, along with a few other jobs, PLUS made the first Board up.

I haven't got a lot of room underneath, so I've used a large piece of 12mm Ply along the back for rigidity. This will either be walling or Factories / Warehouses of some sort. The piece at the end will be a wall.

As you can see, it will just clear my Power Points.

IMG_3486.JPG.f2e6e370c4be8298ab94a28203f69b13.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG.31d3de3c8ad64b8ed3d180a54c70312c.JPG

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Just before Lunch, a Man in a white Van arrived.

NO NOT TO TAKE ME AWAY.:nono:

But bearing gifts.

As most of you know who have kept up with things on Seven Mills, it was going to be Sold a couple of weeks ago. It's replacement was going to be an OO Gauge Roundy based on the China Clay workings out of Cornwall in the 1990's.

That re arose my interest in the beautiful Triple Grey Liveries of that era, and then I saw this little beauty and thought, WOW, Why not, it's Christmas after all.:laugh:

IMG_3488.JPG.9b475b4defb36ae6f97b779c2548f1cd.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG.013cb2751b7b6f57ce7c087b0f45c950.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG.f1306655b30bde3220ad3fa3f5cad37b.JPG

IMG_3492.JPG.e5816af4f515758283f8ef15d56cced6.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG.43b26b43dc13026ed9bc6d34aea3db2f.JPG

Just need some Numbers and the Sound Chip ordered now.:good:

Loved all all the railfreight sector locos, favourite 37s in petroleum, dirtier the better, happy days..?

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Loved all all the railfreight sector locos, favourite 37s in petroleum, dirtier the better, happy days..?

Great days mate, do you remember this pic from your collection taken at Eastleigh?

804229468_Eastleigh1.jpg.b7377cf52e52cc91c15023a5b09493c5.jpg

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, sb67 said:

image.png.49629661e80fb14c48708dacc0c2a203.png

Looking forward to seeing more of Bench yard Andy. Will you put some sort of stop on that end of the fiddle yard? I always get nervous seeing loco's on the edge of a board like that! 

Yes indeed, although there wont be much on the other Roads when swinging around, The support that you see under the right will be a proper job and will incorperate a raised section above Rail height.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Have you turned the layout round Andy?

I thought the spinning fiddle yard was across the door.

Hi Ray, No the Layout hasn't been turned, on the last page I showed this plan of the POD, and showing both the Fiddle Yards, the Door one is still there as well.

1745588332_PODPitofDoom-Copy.png.a07285b6e1692de8fbc3dd1cc5b7392f.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Must admit , when you mentioned china clay, I thought that box was going to be 50 049...

I still have idle thoughts about St Blazeys round house for a photo plank storage area!

There is a very fine OO / EM Layout based on that, ''Diesels in the Dutchy'', built by Chris @2ManySpamsa nice idea. :good:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1