Jump to content

Andrew P

Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

But very tempted now. As Ian said, the Seeds have been sown, which is never a good thing with me.:heat:

I can sell you my green one with the original silencer and you can have the added satisfaction of converting it back, knowing its unique in having the full history! :)

  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

I can sell you my green one with the original silencer and you can have the added satisfaction of converting it back, knowing its unique in having the full history! :)

Thanks but I don't do hacking and butchery very well, so it would have to be the Blue weathered one that I have been looking at since it first came out.

I was trying hard not to go down that Route as very few locations had Rats, pairs of 20's and Scottish 37,  and Railfreight 56's in the same Yard.

But Hey ho, Rule 1. Now where is that dealers phone number?:o:nono:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see the layout up and pivoting sorted. I can understand Woodenheads comments about the pivot screw I would either drill right though the wood undeneath and fit a M8 bolt or use a 6mm ( old no 12 scew). Regarding the cutting of track power rather than mess about with fitting plates you could use the choc blocks like you did at Tops. Use a three terminal push fit set  run the fed to the DCC track buses up to the choc block.  Teminals 1 and two take the DCC feeds the main layout is fed from terminals 1&3. As the fiddleyard is swung into place the other side of the chock block plugs in. The connections to the fiddleyard go into terms 1 and 2 and there is a link fom terminal 2 to 3. Thus unless the fiddle yard is in place there is no feed to the DCC on either side.

If you can have power to the main layout without the yard in place you need some physical guard any decoders with stay alives could keep a loco running off the edge.

 

Don

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lazy Joe will have to have a lie down!

 

Paul R

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya Andy . I'm so made up for you that SMS fits into your new abode and things can start to move forward at pace. Can we now consider that Pit of Doom will now be referred to Pit of Delight .....:P

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy, Great to see the layout will work ok in it's new home. I am sure once you get a class 33 a class 50 wont be too far behind. lol

 

Cheers Peter.

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have this 33 for Sale, and it has SWD Sound, before buying a the New Heljan one.

1825887687_IMG_0921-Copy.JPG.a93b4e29e3e1a293ad4f3622f13c9d0a.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to put up a pic this morning, so here it is a little later than normal.

DSCF4434.JPG.65b33131e1f0d529c4b47825d12f5c8c.JPG

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Donw said:

Great to see the layout up and pivoting sorted. I can understand Woodenheads comments about the pivot screw I would either drill right though the wood undeneath and fit a M8 bolt or use a 6mm ( old no 12 scew). Regarding the cutting of track power rather than mess about with fitting plates you could use the choc blocks like you did at Tops. Use a three terminal push fit set  run the fed to the DCC track buses up to the choc block.  Teminals 1 and two take the DCC feeds the main layout is fed from terminals 1&3. As the fiddleyard is swung into place the other side of the chock block plugs in. The connections to the fiddleyard go into terms 1 and 2 and there is a link fom terminal 2 to 3. Thus unless the fiddle yard is in place there is no feed to the DCC on either side.

If you can have power to the main layout without the yard in place you need some physical guard any decoders with stay alives could keep a loco running off the edge.

 

Don

Cheers Don, Some more good thinking there, whatever happens there will be safety pins under the bridge, and the more I think about it, and having looked at it again this morning, I really don't need the Fiddle Yard powered when over the workbench, it's only there for storage, likewise the three Loco holding Rails over the bench.

 

Cheers for more valuable input.:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pwr said:

Lazy Joe will have to have a lie down!

 

Paul R

So will I, haha.:scenic:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gismorail said:

Hiya Andy . I'm so made up for you that SMS fits into your new abode and things can start to move forward at pace. Can we now consider that Pit of Doom will now be referred to Pit of Delight .....:P

Or PAD, Pit of Destruction, haha.

Whoops, who didn't put the fiddle yard in place.:butcher:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Andy, Great to see the layout will work ok in it's new home. I am sure once you get a class 33 a class 50 wont be too far behind. lol

 

Cheers Peter.

Don't you start as well Peter.:sarcastic:

The 50 was once my favourite box, and certainly a NSE would fit my Era.:nono: There I go again, being lead astray, next I'll be having a fleet of them.

50035 Ark Royal was one of my Favourites as it was the last Aircraft Carrier my Grand farther worked on in Plymouth Dockyard before he retired in about 1958, or 50005 Collingwood as I saw it race through Raynes Park one day and often saw them both at Fratton along with most of the Fleet. :good:

Off to check my Bank Account.:cry:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Don't you start as well Peter.:sarcastic:

The 50 was once my favourite box, and certainly a NSE would fit my Era.:nono: There I go again, being lead astray, next I'll be having a fleet of them.

50035 Ark Royal was one of my Favourites as it was the last Aircraft Carrier my Grand farther worked on in Plymouth Dockyard before he retired in about 1958, or 50005 Collingwood as I saw it race through Raynes Park one day and often saw them both at Fratton along with most of the Fleet. :good:

Off to check my Bank Account.:cry:


Log delivery by the end of the week then

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 47606odin said:


Log delivery by the end of the week then

 

I thought the log trains were Colas 47s?

 

So better add one of them as well :)

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Them blue ones are getting in short supply - best get on the phone Andy!

 

Paul R

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing better than a class 33 is TWO 33s Hahahaha

My_35mm__(147).JPG

  • Like 3
  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, georgeT said:

One thing better than a class 33 is TWO 33s Hahahaha

My_35mm__(147).JPG

Train p*rn, they are mating :D

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, georgeT said:

One thing better than a class 33 is TWO 33s Hahahaha

My_35mm__(147).JPG

Your a big tease George but he does deserve it swanning off dwn south ..... were we toooooo common for him u here :sarcastic:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Or PAD, Pit of Destruction, haha.

Whoops, who didn't put the fiddle yard in place.:butcher:

Well if that's the case it's defo your MOSH PIT :scared::jester: 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might well have to very seriously consider social distancing, not for health reasons you understand  but for welfare of locomotive survival before you ask the local railway model group round for the first I believe their a bit of a lively bunch :jester: 

 

1309156076_moshpit(223x162).jpg.d3a3c2b4f500311790d61481335e62fe.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about those non-prototypical holes in the cab roofs I must say.

 

I won't be including them on mine Ha Ha

 

Paul R

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pwr said:

Them blue ones are getting in short supply - best get on the phone Andy!

 

Paul R

 

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

One thing better than a class 33 is TWO 33s Hahahaha

My_35mm__(147).JPG

 

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Train p*rn, they are mating :D

 

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Your a big tease George but he does deserve it swanning off dwn south ..... were we toooooo common for him u here :sarcastic:

O.K.  O.K.  O.K.  I give in, your a ROTTER Mt Tait, ringing me up on a Sunday to say,

= Look what I've bought! :biggrin_mini:

I've been very good of late, and haven't bought a thing, but I will be checking how much I can get for my OO and hope there's a deal on this weekend. :)

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try and get a good look at the weathered ones if you can - reaction has been rather mixed.

I think you'd be better off with clean and weathering it yourself personally!

  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, georgeT said:

One thing better than a class 33 is TWO 33s Hahahaha

My_35mm__(147).JPG

Two 33s with sound - what could be nicer!?!

I had to study Georges picture quite closely before I realised those holes in the cabs were actually just hole punch holes!

D'oh!

Enjoy your 7mm delicious-ness, I may have to go and hide as it's all so tempting!

John.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Two 33s with sound - what could be nicer!?!

I had to study Georges picture quite closely before I realised those holes in the cabs were actually just hole punch holes!

D'oh!

Enjoy your 7mm delicious-ness, I may have to go and hide as it's all so tempting!

John.

Yes John, And I forgot George used to keep his prints in a Ring Binder, so it's D'oh from me as well.:maninlove:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.