Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Andy

I know I sent a pm earlier, but then thought I had better look at your layout thread and saw you had finally moved, doh moment.  Welcome back home to the land of expensive  houses and beer but surprisingly cheap petrol. I have not been on RMweb a huge amount  recently due to getting tied up with my 5" gauge projects, so have just spent an hour or so updating myself on your progress, which has been swift. Glad you have been able to meet up with your family. We have not seen my son and family since February, because they are both doctors. Daughter in law is COVID medical lead at her hospital and my son sees a lot of stroke patients who have COVID at his, so they are concerned  about  the risk of passing it on to us and the other grandparents, thank goodness for Zoom.  We can catch up, after all you only 500 m up the road and Brighton is allows up ready to rock and roll! 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, kipford said:

Andy

I know I sent a pm earlier, but then thought I had better look at your layout thread and saw you had finally moved, doh moment.  Welcome back home to the land of expensive  houses and beer but surprisingly cheap petrol. I have not been on RMweb a huge amount  recently due to getting tied up with my 5" gauge projects, so have just spent an hour or so updating myself on your progress, which has been swift. Glad you have been able to meet up with your family. We have not seen my son and family since February, because they are both doctors. Daughter in law is COVID medical lead at her hospital and my son sees a lot of stroke patients who have COVID at his, so they are concerned  about  the risk of passing it on to us and the other grandparents, thank goodness for Zoom.  We can catch up, after all you only 500 m up the road and Brighton is allows up ready to rock and roll! 

Hi Dave, Good to hear from you. I filled up just before Lockdown in early March, when prices were high, but even with all the running around and the rip down to here, a run out to the Watercress the other Sunday, I'm still showing just over 100 miles on my range, so cant complain, I'd better top up before prices go up again.

I hope to get Seven Mills running again soon, so hopefully we will be able to meet up again soon.

A bit like you, we have a Daughter in Law is a Nurse in QA, so she and Dee's Son keep their distance, and a Step Daughter is an inspector at Pfzer Laboratories at Havant. 

We still have lots to do here, but it's gradually coming together now that I can empty the Lounge of all the Railway and Guitars, haha.

BTW if you need any Engineers Stock or Railfreight Vans / Wagons in OO, I have some to dispose of, along with a Blue 37 and 08 both with Paul Chetter / Zimo Sound.

Catch up soon when we can visit.

Andy.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Andy

PM me with the engineers stock list, some of that may be of interest to me or my Son. We can catch up when the restrictions ease a bit more. You can come and see the progress on the big stuff.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kipford said:

Andy

PM me with the engineers stock list, some of that may be of interest to me or my Son. We can catch up when the restrictions ease a bit more. You can come and see the progress on the big stuff.

I'll do a list in the morning Dave.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cant sleep, so just noticed that there are some Toothpaste 33 still available as well.:biggrin_mini:

Sounds a bit like Cromptoniteous Andy ... be careful, it can be dangerous to your wallet if left untreated :P

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Andy

I love the way your photos seem to sum up the spirit of the late 1970's and early 1980's.

I had just started work then and used to commute between Witham and Colchester every day, a trip I also use to make from 1969 to get to school. Happy days. 

Paul R

• Like 2

On 29/06/2020 at 20:40, Andrew P said:

Don't you start as well Peter.:sarcastic:

The 50 was once my favourite box, and certainly a NSE would fit my Era.:nono: There I go again, being lead astray, next I'll be having a fleet of them.

50035 Ark Royal was one of my Favourites as it was the last Aircraft Carrier my Grand farther worked on in Plymouth Dockyard before he retired in about 1958, or 50005 Collingwood as I saw it race through Raynes Park one day and often saw them both at Fratton along with most of the Fleet. :good:

Off to check my Bank Account.:cry:

Tell you what Andy, you could model Midland/ Scottish region with what you have then remove the Scottish 37s 40 and the 20s. Add a 33 and a few 50s and have it western/ southern based layout.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Tell you what Andy, you could model Midland/ Scottish region with what you have then remove the Scottish 37s 40 and the 20s. Add a 33 and a few 50s and have it western/ southern based layout.

Cheers Peter.

Yeah, THANKS for spending my money Peter, haha. :maninlove::nono: I figured out that having seen Scottish 37 and 47 at Plymouth in the 80's, I could get away with the Bristol Area, like Stoke Gifford Yard, but used to Stable and Fuel Rats and the Blue 37 from Cornwall. The Scottish 37's from the over night Mail and Parcels Trains, likewise the 40 from Manchester or Llanbourne in North Wales. And really stretching things, the 56 and 20 on test running Coal from South Wales to Didcot, and the 33's up from Pompey and Soton.:good::yahoo_mini::biggrin_mini:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I could get away with the Bristol Area

You've failed to mention (but i'm sure have already considered) that when you get that bubble car you keep promising, you could also have a Thumper :)

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Funny 3

26 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

You've failed to mention (but i'm sure have already considered) that when you get that bubble car you keep promising, you could also have a Thumper :)

I'm sure you miss heard / read me, I said; that Bubble Car I keep promising I will never get, haha.:no:

• Funny 1

10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah, THANKS for spending my money Peter, haha. :maninlove::nono: I figured out that having seen Scottish 37 and 47 at Plymouth in the 80's, I could get away with the Bristol Area, like Stoke Gifford Yard, but used to Stable and Fuel Rats and the Blue 37 from Cornwall. The Scottish 37's from the over night Mail and Parcels Trains, likewise the 40 from Manchester or Llanbourne in North Wales. And really stretching things, the 56 and 20 on test running Coal from South Wales to Didcot, and the 33's up from Pompey and Soton.:good::yahoo_mini::biggrin_mini:

No worries Andy, happy to help.lol though it looks like you have it worked out.

• Like 1

I didn't forget today, so we see a lone Rat, 25285 sitting in the Engineers Siding, waiting for the call to go to the Top Yard and take a short rake of empty China Clay Hoods back to Cornwall via Seven Up Junction.

IMG_0593.JPG.54ce654f761a78dc427e4af38d5f617b.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I'm sure you miss heard / read me, I said; that Bubble Car I keep promising I will never get, haha.:no:

How about an inspection saloon? Any of your locos but especially the new 33 could propel that around SMS

Paul R

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Well if Andy's going that far he needs  a DRS 33 as well. 

I am sure that between all of us on here we could spend a lot of Andy's money!

Paul R

Very true Paul I think the term is 'Expensive Friends ' :sarcastic:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

19 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I have been busy today. I decided not to keep the old Kitchen Unit next to the Guitars as it restricted storage area. The Kitchen units have a floor that is about 4 inches from the floor so 4 inches waisted and has a back panel, again about 4 inches from back, so again waisted space.

So instead, I cut down the old Worktop from 2ft wide to 18 inches, and raised it to 40 inches from the floor, so I now have a second workbench for standing at or when sitting on my high stool. Plus a lot more storage area underneath.

I also have 6 inches more walk way.

NOTE = It's not finished, fixed or levelled yet.

IMG_1735.JPG.87c708b534af2887562d94bbe3d1a1d7.JPG

Nice one Andy I reckon a small bed will fit under there no problem :clapping:

• Funny 3