Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

The Train Horn should wake him up, haha.:unsure:

Ah but what will an ORR inspector make of his service record and annual job reports by his superiors?

• Funny 3

3 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Ah but what will an ORR inspector make of his service record and annual job reports by his superiors?

WOT's ORR when it's at home Rich, and what Service Record, he's never had one.:P

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

WOT's ORR when it's at home Rich, and what Service Record, he's never had one.:P

Sorry Andy - Office of Rail and Road - known as the Rail Regulator and those responsible for safety and licensing on the National Network.  As for a Service Record -think of a CD ... in Lazy Joe's case a blank one by the sounds of it!!! :lol:

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

The morning Vans to Cardiff Docks is once again hauled by Rat, 25285 and seen crossing Yard Lane. Looks like leaves on the line will soon be an issue here.

UIMG_2243.JPG.b66d9ab70310011791d099e969850f1c.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

10 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Sorry Andy - Office of Rail and Road - known as the Rail Regulator and those responsible for safety and licensing on the National Network.  As for a Service Record -think of a CD ... in Lazy Joe's case a blank one by the sounds of it!!! :lol:

Rich

Too Lazy to fill it in!

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, MarshLane said:

Glad your settled and getting plenty of enjoyment from SMS Andy - nice to see the fun times again, after the hassles of a move!

Rich

Cheers Rich, I still miss a OO Roundy, Roundy, and also no room to build any more Layouts. I have been plotting but with no joy as yet. Another couple of sidings on Seven Mills might help, as building is what I enjoy doing, even if it was at a Club or somewhere.

Time will tell, we will see what comes next.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

l wondered how long it would be before you got the hankerings for ANOTHER layout ? because with you its once they are built you lose interest and start looking for another venture or project ? :senile:Hahahaha   don't worry buddy your not alone, l get bored too...

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Rich, I still miss a OO Roundy, Roundy, and also no room to build any more Layouts. I have been plotting but with no joy as yet. Another couple of sidings on Seven Mills might help, as building is what I enjoy doing, even if it was at a Club or somewhere.

Time will tell, we will see what comes next.

Have you any clubs near by Andy?

41 minutes ago, georgeT said:

l wondered how long it would be before you got the hankerings for ANOTHER layout ? because with you its once they are built you lose interest and start looking for another venture or project ? :senile:Hahahaha   don't worry buddy your not alone, l get bored too...

Yes, Building the small Layouts always kept me sane on TOPS. But no room in here I'm afraid, too many hobbies, with 5 Guitars, the Amp and Music system, the high bench for the Art and the Desk for detail modelling. I could do with an old Shed, haha.:no:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just now, Andrew P said:

Yes, Building the small Layouts always kept me sane on TOPS. But no room in here I'm afraid, too many hobbies, with 5 Guitars, the Amp and Music system, the high bench for the Art and the Desk for detail modelling. I could do with an old Shed, haha.:no:

Just tell Dee you want to move to a bigger place ? l'm sure she'll understand, doubt if you'll ever walk again  though Hahahaha.

• Funny 6

40 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Have you any clubs near by Andy?

There are a couple Rich, well I think it's 3 within a 15 minute drive. Solent MRG, Fareham MRG and Victory MRC, (used to be Victory MRC many years ago), but none are open yet as far as I know. I need to make some more enquiries, but I really enjoy working at home more where I have all the tools and wood / screws / brackets / chockie biscuits etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, georgeT said:

Just tell Dee you want to move to a bigger place ? l'm sure she'll understand, doubt if you'll ever walk again  though Hahahaha.

You tell her, your braver than me, haha. and further away.:good:

• Funny 4

2 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

Couldn't you put a shed on the end of the POD and a hole in the wall to get the trains out there? An extension to the garden could follow!

Paul r

That would be down the front Drive Paul. or through into the Hall, yes, I'm sure we've had this conversation before, and I still have the burses to prove it, haha.:unsure:

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thought you'd said no a Dapol 66 .. or have I got the wrong kind of shed?  I suppose you could always do away with the 5 guitars, the amp and the music system - only the same noise as you get from a digital radio isn't it. ... :scared: Oh what do you mean I should leave now? :scratchhead:... what was that?  oh RUN and RUN FAST! :O

12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

There are a couple Rich, well I think it's 3 within a 15 minute drive. Solent MRG, Fareham MRG and Victory MRC, (used to be Victory MRC many years ago), but none are open yet as far as I know. I need to make some more enquiries, but I really enjoy working at home more where I have all the tools and wood / screws / brackets / chockie biscuits etc.

Ah course, I forgot that nowhere is open in that respect.  I joined the local 2FS group 18 months ago, and those guys have been fantastic, helpful and so welcoming, really does help my mojo .. just need to find the time :)  I must admit, I am missing the monthly meetings.

Seriously tho, and without wishing to sound silly or daft, is there no way that you could sit a small OO (or dare I say N gauge) layout over the fiddle yard nearest the door .. so it  sits on top on a lightweight frame when the fiddle yard is closed up?  Wouldn't be big, I acknowledge, but could it give you the best of both worlds, a small area to build something and the O gauge for running and DCC sound?

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Thought you'd said no a Dapol 66 .. or have I got the wrong kind of shed?  I suppose you could always do away with the 5 guitars, the amp and the music system - only the same noise as you get from a digital radio isn't it. ... :scared: Oh what do you mean I should leave now? :scratchhead:... what was that?  oh RUN and RUN FAST! :O

Ah course, I forgot that nowhere is open in that respect.  I joined the local 2FS group 18 months ago, and those guys have been fantastic, helpful and so welcoming, really does help my mojo .. just need to find the time :)

Seriously tho, and without wishing to sound silly or daft, is there no way that you could sit a small OO (or dare I say N gauge) layout over the fiddle yard nearest the door .. so it  sits on top on a lightweight frame when the fiddle yard is closed up?  Wouldn't be big, I acknowledge, but could it give you the best of both worlds, a small area to build something and the O gauge for running and DCC sound?

Rich

N Gauge isn't as silly as it sounds Rich, Glenfinick was only 6ft x 2ft.

1913188178_GlenfinickJune2013132.JPG.90e502f1d27b172c271eac531dd369f4.JPG

1690780466_GlenfinickJune2013110.JPG.37524977cf742d1119d59b7fe71136b3.JPG

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

N Gauge isn't as silly as it sounds Rich, Glenfinick was only 6ft x 2ft.

1913188178_GlenfinickJune2013132.JPG.90e502f1d27b172c271eac531dd369f4.JPG

Now that really does show just what can be done doesn't it, and it truly captures the Highlands scenery and atmosphere, love the river too!   So how big was that far end O gauge fiddle yard again :P

Hope I have provided food for thought if nothing else? But if you can't sleep tonight for thinking where that extra point could go .. its not my fault :)

Rich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Now that really does show just what can be done doesn't it, and it truly captures the Highlands scenery and atmosphere, love the river too!   So how big was that far end O gauge fiddle yard again :P

Hope I have provided food for thought if nothing else? But if you can't sleep tonight for thinking where that extra point could go .. its not my fault :)

Rich

Cheers Rich, It's the width I have the problem with across there, but I will work on some ideas.

Thanks as always for your input mate, keep well and safe.

• Friendly/supportive 2