Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Thanks Andy. Sad to hear about Mike, your operator.

I remember that was a really fine day, very informal and some great models on show. It was a bit of a trek for me but well worth it.  I even remember that Trebudoc was responsible for me buying a Bachmann Pannier! ;)

Edited by sb67
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, sb67 said:

I remember that was a really fine day, very informal and some great models on show. It was a bit of a trek for me but well worth it.  I even remember that Trebudoc was responsible for me buying a Bachmann Pannier! ;)

Glad to hear about the Pannier Purchase Steve, that one was a Bachmann Brassworks, in the pre Dapol days of course.

Peter BB and I went to visit  Mike in a respite centre at Christmas time, it was so sad, but he could remember a  few little things from our outings, but not if he's had breakfast or not.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
On 31/08/2020 at 18:57, sb67 said:

Nice photo's Andy, I enjoyed the original Trebudoc, I'm sure I remember seeing it at one of our RMweb days.

Yes Steve, you are right we did run it at one ... think at one of the Stafford meetings the year after Deesdale Road as he had Loch Leven as well as Trebudoc going that year.

sb67

Mike used to have a layout on the table at Christmas.  I spoke to his wife and arranged for a 4 x 2 N-gauge layout built for my Granddaughter tube used ... it kept him happy and Eirwen still says that he runs it (the roundy-roundy section that allows her get on with something else so it is still there.  Granddaughter now has a small N end to end in a 4' x 7" former gun box.

Edited by PeterBB
Edit Addition of Mike running railway.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Yes Steve, you are right we did run it at one ... think at one of the Stafford meetings the year after Deesdale Road.

Yes Peter, See pic (a bit blured I'm afraid) of you there with Sue Mansfield on the previous page.:good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Found a few photo's of Trebudoc and Loch Levan taken at the members day. 

DSCF0009.JPG.2bb9dac8a7869c0bdcd6953744bc7c3d.JPG

DSCF0052.JPG.b818dbe65cb46aeb9a9d144522b9b841.JPG

DSCF0025.JPG.3617b3c7c776e1c1f259f85ec15106d7.JPG

DSCF0026.JPG.6b5095b6326ea2c9982a27b7937bcd92.JPG

Thanks Steve, There lovely, it's always good to see how other people see your Layout, and pics like these show you enjoyed them.:good:

It also shows the importance of a back scene on Trebudoc, very messy without one.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

A bit of an arty shot this morning, with the Blue Resident 08, No 08173 partially blocking the view of the Warwell, and the Duff, No 47199 doing similar on the otherside, the Railfreigh OAA is just a darn nusance.:no:

IMG_2736.JPG.b99be9591b9e9982fa0af40851575c69.JPG

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A bit of an arty shot this morning, with the Blue Resident 08, No 08173 partially blocking the view of the Warwell, and the Duff, No 47199 doing similar on the otherside, the Railfreigh OAA is just a darn nusance.:no:

IMG_2736.JPG.b99be9591b9e9982fa0af40851575c69.JPG

Looks like a typical lazy Joe positioning of that OBA to me .. so much for him having retired!

• Funny 1

Not much in the way of actual Modelling of late, but that does not mean that planning has stopped. I have several ideas going through the old grey cells, but not ready for execution just yet.

I do still have the Bridge to finish off, but currently have no desire to do that.

One idea that has come to mind, is to Scenic the Door end Fiddle Yard something like on Neptune Street from many years ago.

post-6696-0-15533700-1447661534.jpg.3a5f37d96be0940be731d02c8c013675.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

35 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Not much in the way of actual Modelling of late, but that does not mean that planning has stopped. I have several ideas going through the old grey cells, but not ready for execution just yet.

I do still have the Bridge to finish off, but currently have no desire to do that.

One idea that has come to mind, is to Scenic the Door end Fiddle Yard something like on Neptune Street from many years ago.

I am surprised more don't scenic the fiddle yard. To my mind it feels more realistic and of course gives you more scenic space.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, David Bell said:

I am surprised more don't scenic the fiddle yard. To my mind it feels more realistic and of course gives you more scenic space.

Cadley Hill as it now stands does not have a fiddle yard as such, although Andy had initially planned the hinged end to be so, therefor all is 'visible'.

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling correction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

What a wonderful shunting puzzle.  Never seen Neptune Street before - that an early one of yours Andy, (Edit: found the rmWeb thread!) or just one off the exhibition circuit.  Must go and have a delve around Google for it....

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

This is what I'm thinking of. a walled cutting, I need the sides for strength, and a single line under a Bridge, and the two Fuel Roads ending at Buffers.

1983163130_IMG_1877-Copy.JPG.61efb0ec21f3051f8febca2840e17ce4.JPG

That could look really good with your scenic skills Andy.  Surprised as you've posted that an hour ago, its not finished :P

I like the model plans folders on the shelf too - what a supurb idea.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
Added rmWeb Thread
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

40 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

What a wonderful shunting puzzle.  Never seen Neptune Street before - that an early one of yours Andy, (Edit: found the rmWeb thread!) or just one off the exhibition circuit.  Must go and have a delve around Google for it....

That could look really good with your scenic skills Andy.  Surprised as you've posted that an hour ago, its not finished :P

I like the model plans folders on the shelf too - what a supurb idea.

Rich

Not even finished planning yet alone started / finished.

The folders have clear plastic A4 sleeves and contain Mag articles on Layout, detailing, weathering, Track Plans etc, so useful ref for planning.

Neptune St was bought by Neil Mason / Little Layout Co, re furbished, and then sold to the same chap in Dagenham that I sold 2 Layouts to. He then Sold it on, and now I see it's for Sale once again.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I like your idea of landscaping the fiddle yard Andy. It'll help with the visuals when you video engines coming into Seven mills. BUT you will need to do that bridge at some point! And you'll need the practice for the second bridge your looking at building :o

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, Joner said:

I like your idea of landscaping the fiddle yard Andy. It'll help with the visuals when you video engines coming into Seven mills. BUT you will need to do that bridge at some point! And you'll need the practice for the second bridge your looking at building :o

Bridges, YES, the bane of my life, that's why there is no rush, I may have a look and see if Skytrex do something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IAN K said:

Hi Andy the class 40 is it with sound. If it has could you film it.

You Tube = Seven Mills Sidings, No 21, at about 3 minutes, Ian.

Nice to see you on here mate, hope your keeping well.:good:

• Like 4