Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, Bogie said:

Here's a suggestion from left field - move the kitchen up to the loft and you get the space where the kitchen currently is.  It's a compromise of sorts.

You tell my Wife that who can hardly walk, let alone climb stairs, you'd be a BRAVE MAN, haha, besides there's a Hall way in between.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

You tell my Wife that who can hardly walk, let alone climb stairs, you'd be a BRAVE MAN, haha, besides there's a Hall way in between.:good:

I did say the suggestion was from left field.  Also it is easy to make suggestions from Australia!

In all seriousness I hope you come up with a solution.  My wife built me a train room above the garage because she was sick of me taking up space in all the other rooms of the house.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I may have found a solution, but it does mean I have to go down to about 34'' Track height.

The current Sidings will have to become Loco Stabling as I won't be able to get there to uncouple / couple due to the hatch, but I will add some more sidings either to the left or bottom right, or both. but it does mean that from the Level Crossing to the the bottom I can have some nice Scenics, River Bridge, Viaduct, etc.

By not going fully into the Left Recess I can have a larger Radius, and I can encroach a little at the bottom after passing a V in the rafters, I can get at least another 10'' of width for the Radius.

Meant to say, just waiting to get it costed now.

LOFT.png.0482d15a016ff90ef358d5a71c915b3f.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, sb67 said:

I've just caught up with this thread Andy. Exciting developments are happening, good luck with it all, I like SMS so I'm looking forward to seeing it to get bigger!  

Thanks Steve, I just hope the quote comes out about right, if so then I can't wait to get going.

Very good weathering on that 25 Andy.

Its not a model I have nor felt the need for as they were not allocated to East Anglia (yes I know I have a growing stock of Western Hydraulics but I have a plausible back story for those!) Now if Heljan did a 24 I would certainly be in the market.

I have treated myself to another 31 - full yellow ends which is arriving today. I am hoping to bolster my green/blue transition period stock

Paul R

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwr said:

Very good weathering on that 25 Andy.

Its not a model I have nor felt the need for as they were not allocated to East Anglia (yes I know I have a growing stock of Western Hydraulics but I have a plausible back story for those!) Now if Heljan did a 24 I would certainly be in the market.

I have treated myself to another 31 - full yellow ends which is arriving today. I am hoping to bolster my green/blue transition period stock

Paul R

I hadn't realised the new 31'swere out yet, sounds good Paul, and yes a 24 would definitely be a good one for Heljan or Dapol to do.:good:

Well we / Ian, @Temeraire,Scott, @pitbull1845and Mike, @Scoobyra had a great day at Eastleigh today, We were hoping to see the Blue Pullman come out of the Depot at 4pm, but were told it was then due over an hour late. So as that would have been in the Dark, I didn't bother staying but went to Campbell Road Bridge to get these shots.

IMG_3135.JPG.2c8218c4ffe0b3ae512efcae284fe324.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG.7853ffc14e37bbe98e869c9d66cbf029.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG.4ea6a35f41ed93574a511b62aa182d61.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

IMG_3137.JPG.4ea6a35f41ed93574a511b62aa182d61.JPG

Whoa! Hang on a minute! What is going on here?! Have I been buying up secondhand Triang models, trying to source replacement bogies, wheels, kitmaster restaurant coaches etc all to no avail?!

If I had known I could get away with painting a Hornby class 43 I could have saved a fortune in time and money (not to mention reference books!)

HOURS OF FLUMMOXING!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Also seen today;

60046 with some Blue Wagons for the Ballast Yard.

IMG_3121.JPG.068849b37a7bc06cf38cff1560003777.JPG

59003 with a nice Lady Driver on a Rail Train.

IMG_3129.JPG.8cd261823ba812003dd175309fc3fcea.JPG

66748 on a Freightliner.

IMG_3130.JPG.a64aed6cd7372c8562b65d6046a7337d.JPG

66131 Parked up.

IMG_3118.JPG.8a58141237841c89e6d1e7d0a58da8b0.JPG

A pair of grubby 70's, 70802 &70812

IMG_3126.JPG.82f9e2f5cfaa0a418eb2f97e20abc871.JPG

Plus the two resident 08's No's 08511 & 08460

IMG_3119.JPG.7f6cd38d85662aaf40288daf8a24d61e.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG.726f2bda226be5adc8820b919d52b1cc.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Whoa! Hang on a minute! What is going on here?! Have I been buying up secondhand Triang models, trying to source replacement bogies, wheels, kitmaster restaurant coaches etc all to no avail?!

If I had known I could get away with painting a Hornby class 43 I could have saved a fortune in time and money (not to mention reference books!)

HOURS OF FLUMMOXING!!

58 minutes ago, pwr said:

Much as I like HST's this is a poor representation of an iconic train

Paul R

I thought it looked better than I thought it would.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Well we / Ian, @Temeraire,Scott, @pitbull1845and Mike @Scoobyra had a great day at Eastleigh today, We were hoping to see the Blue Pullman come out of the Depot at 4pm, but were told it was then due over an hour late. So as that would have been in the Dark, I didn't bother staying but went to Campbell Road Bridge to get these shots.

Good to catch up today Andy, I was tempted to go and have a peek from Campbell Road when I left,, but just as well I didn't as traffic on the way home was very heavy!

Hope you managed to sneak that large flat box in!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

Good to catch up today Andy, I was tempted to go and have a peek from Campbell Road when I left,, but just as well I didn't as traffic on the way home was very heavy!

Hope you managed to sneak that large flat box in!

Great day out. Big box still in the Car, but that's MY MONEY, haha. Thanks again for Lunch as well Scott.:good:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, georgeT said:

Some cracking pictures there Andy, certainly brings back some good memories of days gone by at Eastleigh.. seems like Friday is the day to go there ?

Yes mate, brought back some great memories of our evenings there, back then there was a lot more to see with the Oil and Stone Trains, and more Loco hauled passenger services, but yesterday was still most enjoyable.

• Like 1