Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

No work was worked on SMS yesterday as originally planned, in fact, apart from using the area along the front that can be seen in some pics, as a workbench I'm still looking for some inspiration for that area.

I hope to do a new set of pics over the coming days involving Rats the Whistler and a couple of 20's I hope.

In the meantime, it's time for the morning pic of the day, and it looks like a Tracked again.:good:

XDSCF2520.JPG.4b80ad4260f90456b4043b0f47d3611f.JPG

• Like 9

Pop a pic up of the space you need to fill, see if we can come up with any suggestions! We’ve got a section of back scene that needs something low relief but not sure what to do. I’ve just filled 5’ with some house ends that I need to finish. 

Al. 

PS - that platform is screaming out for a Dapol Bubble car when they come........

Edited by D6775
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Pop a pic up of the space you need to fill, see if we can come up with any suggestions! We’ve got a section of back scene that needs something low relief but not sure what to do. I’ve just filled 5’ with some house ends that I need to finish. 

Al. 

PS - that platform is screaming out for a Dapol Bubble car when they come........

Thanks Al, no Bubble Car for me I'm afraid, but here is a pic of the area I'm having a problem with.

DSCF2196.JPG.9065f5030344dffb32de04c177bfab2d.JPG

IMG_7636.JPG.b21ecf966e1087d03f2dd3e64a7fc98a.JPG

IMG_7637.JPG.d608457bef47893941ca660001dd7f8c.JPG

IMG_7694.JPG.00926ed3bd168c527691e46cd3ae658c.JPG

• Like 10

4 hours ago, D6775 said:
2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

A couple of  scruffy grassy hillocks, or some higher ground at  the baseboard edge, dropping down to an ash cess next to the track.

A scruffy old plate layers hut could reside there, with the usual detritus scattered around outside.

Back of a haulage yard or Scrap yard maybe?

Two very good ideas, thanks chaps, the original intention was for a Field about an inch higher than the Track with a small embankment, but your two idea will add more interest I think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, given your sidings were for an MOD line, maybe an Ordnance depot with some military vehicles and a Nissen hut or the like? 

Cheers, Ade.

Yet another nice idea, Cheers Ade, NOW GET ON WITH YOUR HOILDAY, haha:nono::laugh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

That space you are unsure what to do with, a carriage siding for the Bubble Car you keep saying you are not going to get but we know you will.

Agh yes, You mean a SCRAP LINE:D.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, D6775 said:

The other thought I had this afternoon was allotments?

Al.

NNNNNNOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:nono: I can only grow Weeds and can't tell the difference between a daffodil and a dandelion.:man_in_love_mini:

1 hour ago, Ray H said:

Grassed over old sleepers or/lifted track or a rusty unconnected siding that hasn't been lifted?

Now that I can do,:yes:  in fact, I had considered adding ANOTHER Point off the MOD Line to a short siding for a couple of Wagons, but a lifted line would not only be cheaper and easier, but also a bit different.

I have a Grampus to make, so if I do a really bad job it can sit in there rusting away.:good:

Cheers Gang, I'll also have a look at Telford for some ideas as well.