Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Hi Andy, Hope you are well. I am glad to see you having another go at putting the curve in, I hope you can get the loco's round without the buffer lock you had before. Be nice if a class 37 could appear again.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, some pics coming up in a minute, but yes the curve is back in place. I still think a 37 might be a bit tight with Wagons, but maybe Light Engine to the Fuelling Point could work.

Need a Blue 33 or 26 as well now to join the Rats :sungum:

The Gauge O Guild will also be in attendance over the weekend.

attachicon.gifMPWE Flyer 2018804.jpg

How about a Mice Pie and WELSH CAKE weekend next year.....I'd travel all the distance for that...!

Have a great weekend......taking my 'emergency ration' Welsh Cakes to Warley tomorrow....as long as the security allows them trough!

Regards always...

Bob

How about a Mice Pie and WELSH CAKE weekend next year.....I'd travel all the distance for that...!

Have a great weekend......taking my 'emergency ration' Welsh Cakes to Warley tomorrow....as long as the security allows them trough!

Regards always...

Bob

Think you might need more than a Welsh Cake or two to keep you going all day there mate.

Have a g Good Day.

I have a visitor due later this evening, but earlier manage to connect up the two Points leading to the curve back to Seven Mills, and the two Warehouses. The Unifrog Point required NO EXTRA wiring to ensure full DCC and even the switch Rails are already re wired so not relient on the Switch Blade touching the Stock Rail or wiring it yourself.

Next job tomorrow will be to work on the middle board opposite the window at the actual start of Dore End and the Stabling Point etc.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Andy. At a recent show. We spied some HO animated figures including ‘bedroom exercises’ with the lady on top..... whatever next. Not available in 7mm.....

Probably Prisier, they've done them for many years, my mate had some on his German HO Layout back in the eighties, very rude, hahah. :nono:

Edited by Andrew P

Well thank heavens you sorted the curve Andy would have been a shame to just have finished with a small shunting layout down one side of TOPS. As others have said plenty of hours of shunting now especially when the card system comes into operation. 

Now if you get the urge to model 00 again there's plenty of space above Dore End Yard ...just nice at eye level ....hat coat exit  :senile:

• Like 4

Started the wiring this morning and 2 Points wired in and working, I should have the next 2 Points done by lunchtime and then were almost there, and it'll be PLAY TIME. :senile:  :senile:  :pardon:

No OO above Martin, OR any other gauge for that matter. :sungum:

• Like 2

Started the wiring this morning and 2 Points wired in and working, I should have the next 2 Points done by lunchtime and then were almost there, and it'll be PLAY TIME. :senile:  :senile:  :pardon:

No OO above Martin, OR any other gauge for that matter. :sungum:

looking forward to the video's

Looks like THE END IS NIGH:O  :scared:  :nono:

:sungum: 

for the Traintronic TT300 DCC Point Motors, 3 failures today, i.e. not throwing the full distance, and one was Brand New out of the packet,  so these will be returned from whence they came, for replacements or refunds.

I will be switching, (see what I did there?) to Gaugemaster / Seep PM4's and a Peco Lever Frame as I had on Pencarne and Kings Moreton. It will involve some more wiring, but I'd rather get it done now, rather than wait and have to do it at a later date.

• Like 1

Have you considered Tortoise Motors Andy, they seem to be pretty bomb proof.

Thanks Ray, and yes I had, but there not DCC Ready, and I don't want to get complicated with DCC Modues etc. Also I don't want to work the Points from a switch, If going down the none DCC Route, then I want proper ish Levers.

Cheers anyway and all the best to you and Polly.

Thanks Ray, and yes I had, but there not DCC Ready, and I don't want to get complicated with DCC Modues etc. Also I don't want to work the Points from a switch, If going down the none DCC Route, then I want proper ish Levers.

Cheers anyway and all the best to you and Polly.

The Scale Four Society do a nice lever frame kit or if you're feeling flush DCC Concepts do some nice Levers, both will operate the Tortoise Motors. I've got two of the Scale Four Lever Frames ready for my layout. 

The Scale Four Society do a nice lever frame kit or if you're feeling flush DCC Concepts do some nice Levers, both will operate the Tortoise Motors. I've got two of the Scale Four Lever Frames ready for my layout. 

Yes Ray, I had a look at those when doing the Bitton Project, but looked both complicated and expensive, I'm only a poor pensioner mate.

Seriously though, both the S4S and Cobolts Levers are nice, but not for me I'm afraid.