Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A selection of Greens plus I added some Woodlands Scenics Dark Green Underbush.

IMG_6684.JPG.00dbf418649db6b2a2ed36f20a18eec9.JPG

Thanks Andy - I knew those cartons from the Chinese Take-away that they put my sweet and sour chicken in would be useful for something. I'll have to start saving them now!

Grass area looks great - aiming for completion by the weekend?

Rich

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MarshLane said:

Thanks Andy - I knew those cartons from the Chinese Take-away that they put my sweet and sour chicken in would be useful for something. I'll have to start saving them now!

Grass area looks great - aiming for completion by the weekend?

Rich

Easy to store in stackable boxes as well.

Completion by the weekend? :o

Not this weekend mate, another busy day tomorrow, but some of my Point Rodding Stools should arrive tomorrow, so that's the next task to tackle.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Rapid progress as ever Andy! You really are an inspiration and seem to achieve more in a week than some of us do in a modelling lifetime! It's amazing the difference that is made when a layout acquires a little greenery, really starts to bring it to life. 

Keep up the good work!

David

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Thanks Andy,

good tip ... one of those can’t sleep nights. Not sure if this iPad is a good thing or not....

Sleepless nights are times when I wish my Layout was indoors, haha. :P

• Like 3

6 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Rapid progress as ever Andy! You really are an inspiration and seem to achieve more in a week than some of us do in a modelling lifetime! It's amazing the difference that is made when a layout acquires a little greenery, really starts to bring it to life. 

Keep up the good work!

David

Thanks David, Yes now that the Road is nearly done I can start to move along, the Yard will have some more dark Ash and Green patches later. It looks far to clean and clinical at the moment.

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Andrew P said:

So late pm, and some greenery was added.

First up, the Hot Glue Gun, some Cardboard and a profile made up for the embankments beyond the road.

IMG_6683.JPG.304d6a0b7a4dda30d33e8a69ac0243ca.JPG

A selection of Greens plus I added some Woodlands Scenics Dark Green Underbush.

IMG_6684.JPG.00dbf418649db6b2a2ed36f20a18eec9.JPG

Then a start was made.

First in the corner.

IMG_6685.JPG.c115368405aa77e44d2ddb3201f37a2a.JPG

And then along the main areas and behind the Yard.

IMG_6690.JPG.948adcef12008d81a6dbcd8b75bee777.JPG

IMG_6686.JPG.2bd32c4c96691e787b2d64095aac4686.JPG

IMG_6687.JPG.524c6b6143cfff2732f315c976e432e4.JPG

IMG_6688.JPG.eeefeeb5d67116d16836a8322a8daa29.JPG

IMG_6689.JPG.cb9c5f3c436ac4e559d05837d46b67c1.JPG

This is what I find inspirational when you get going on the scenics bits. Looks so natural to me.

Don

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Bodgit stikes again, haha.

Two Hours to spare, so I started on the Station.

The Platform was a bit to narrow at the back and so bits of card needed to be Hot Glued along the back to give a base for the Scenics.

The Station will be disused and so there is a lot more work to do on it yet.

As usual with Old Bodgit, I forgot to order the sloping Railings for the Platform ends, so I've improvised by doing them as stepped Railings instead.

IMG_6691.JPG.9429706f8fb4c336733d0da22e960ca2.JPG

IMG_6692.JPG.c482f45f239bf74f29330a6dc2732381.JPG

IMG_6693.JPG.d67f6f65d1f231f92584be0c1a77ab12.JPG

IMG_6694.JPG.98bfb43a90a9b26eacc19aace9661993.JPG

IMG_6695.JPG.c1c78c40c10740dbccc9044b8c440287.JPG

IMG_6696.JPG.b6bd78a2f1b7ea93acffb354d9e67841.JPG

More again soon.

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Looks good Andy ..... I see the track goes through the level crossing ... :meeting:is that for when you extend this layout ? :tomato:

PS I like your little drawn picture in the Rat box ..... :imsohappy:I saw it today in Talyllyn Workshops.

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, muddys-blues said:

Looks good Andy ..... I see the track goes through the level crossing ... :meeting:is that for when you extend this layout ? :tomato:

PS I like your little drawn picture in the Rat box ..... :imsohappy:I saw it today in Talyllyn Workshops.

Best regards

Craig.

Yeah, I need to dirty my other Rat now.

Hole in the backscene, another Fiddle Yard and a nice little Exhibition Layout, do you want to buy it? hahaha.:P

• RMweb Gold

Barnaby,

Andy used to attend many exhibitions over the years with many different layouts that were all a joy to operate but in recent years he has had health issues and decided, wisely, that his health was more important so 'retired' from exhibiting.  He does still attend a number of exhibitions that help him keep in touch with his many friends.

His back scenes are superb and he has a video ... oops I have just noticed that he has added the demonstration video he did at the club.

Peter  Edit - noted video was being added.

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling and note re Andy's video
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Andy great stuff .

I've just had a look through your listed Layouts in your sig, found some weathering on your locos and wagons but no heading for back scenes.

Now you have shown me where it is.  Yippee,  :paint: 

Regards

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, Jintyman said:

At least we all know what to get you for next Christmas now..................................

GLUE STICKS!!!!!!!!  ;):lol_mini::taunt:

1874114113_gluesticks.jpg.115d6daaf45ac1613ba597022877b461.jpg

Jinty ;)

You been down and photographed my stash mate?

42 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Barnaby,

Andy used to attend many exhibitions over the years with many different layouts that were all a joy to operate but in recent years he has had health issues and decided, wisely, that his health was more important so 'retired' from exhibiting.  He does still attend a number of exhibitions that help him keep in touch with his many friends.

His back scenes are superb and he has a video ... oops I have just noticed that he has added the demonstration video he did at the club.

Peter  Edit - noted video was being added.

Cheers Peter, I do miss the Exhibiting and the chatting to the Public, hence most of my Layouts were operated from the front.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Thanks Andy great stuff .

I've just had a look through your listed Layouts in your sig, found some weathering on your locos and wagons but no heading for back scenes.

Now you have shown me where it is.  Yippee,  :paint: 

Regards

There are many Videos, but none on weathering, only some pics, from the Mag articles.