Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Some more pics from Monday of the new 37.

Snow ploughs will be fitted before I start the weathering.

IMG_7575.JPG.fa65d47650366a9b12228aff51941355.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG.d50e2d8dc2f1b7976a8974c9a2762d19.JPG

IMG_7583.JPG.798dcc93b34416a8b5d51858b5e366f2.JPG

IMG_7587.JPG.95e4cd25b39060dd87cfa77df2d69650.JPG

Also the Warwell arrived today from Hattons, it really is stunning and has a good weight to it as well, just need to find a suitable load for it now.

• Like 16

8 hours ago, Alister_G said:

I do like the 37 in Large Logo livery, it really looks good. Mind you, I quite like 'em whatever livery, really... :)

Al.

Cheers Al, I need one for the two ''OO'' Layouts as well now, probably plain Blue though.

7 hours ago, gismorail said:

Two cracking purchases Andy mate hope that 'Tractor' is LOUD & PROUD in the sound department . The Hattons Warwell is a superb model what load have you got lined up to go onto !!

Cheers Martin, Yes I love the Old Tractor, but not sorted out a Load for the Warwell yet, but might get some ideas at the Derby Show on Sunday I hope.

7 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Yes Andy I do like the Hattons Warwell too I just need to decide which one to get to suit my needs. 

Best

Hi Barnaby, I've gone for the 70's MOD version as that fits both my time period and the MOD line, but why stop at O N E ?:nono::laugh:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, georgeT said:

That looks nice mate, starting to come together....

Cheers, Ran out of Gaugemaster ''OO'' Ballast so need to pick up some on Sunday, plus some other bits.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 08/05/2019 at 19:50, Andrew P said:

Looking forward to meeting you at DEMU then, I can walk there but it's all down hill, it's the walking back up that kills me, still there's always the Bus, or I could get really lazy and take the car, haha.

Do you have a Layout there?

No layout but its looking like the we'll have the MIOG display there promoting the exhibition in November and anything Modern in 7mm we can lay our hands on! Not sure if I spoke to you at Stafford.

Al.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, D6775 said:

No layout but its looking like the we'll have the MIOG display there promoting the exhibition in November and anything Modern in 7mm we can lay our hands on! Not sure if I spoke to you at Stafford.

Al.

Yes I think I know who you are now, and yes we did speak briefly, and you were showing us the Cl 37 front mods amongst other things, I think the problem there was you were so near the food, the smell of hot pasties got the better of me. haha.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes I think I know who you are now, and yes we did speak briefly, and you were showing us the Cl 37 front mods amongst other things, I think the problem there was you were so near the food, the smell of hot pasties got the better of me. haha.

That would have been me. Hopefully I will have it in primer for DEMU, I'm just sorting lamp irons and windscreens tonight so its getting close.

• Like 1

A very short running session before going to see Mum this morning, and then a longer one on my return.

IGNORE the times from the Camera, I thought I'd turned the darn things off.

So just a few of the 83 pics to begin with.

IMG_7698.JPG.39ce5f1283e3f5b0d4d1c6a1ce193f5f.JPG

IMG_7616.JPG.080c51e6c0d2516b84ef4a70a9e2400d.JPG

IMG_7618.JPG.a2a3725ef346c7395e447d056b59d245.JPG

IMG_7643.JPG.d1a28dedb82f8bb8c8b3ce05d70677e6.JPG

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Great Photos Andy, especially the one of the 20 and 25 timestamped 13:32. I'll have to stop looking at this and George's Grundy Street thread. Fantastic modelling but a move to O gauge would be far too expensive.

PJ10

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PJ10 said:

Great Photos Andy, especially the one of the 20 and 25 timestamped 13:32. I'll have to stop looking at this and George's Grundy Street thread. Fantastic modelling but a move to O gauge would be far too expensive.

PJ10

Hi PJ, You can easily replicate in ''OO'', have you seen my TWO current ''OO'' Layouts, Mason Street, (Goods), and Kingsmill, (Midland Road) TMD, in the Layouts section.

• RMweb Premium

HI Andy,

Yes I've seen and regularly catch up on both your current OO layouts and impressive they are too. Although I have to confess that I think your best ever OO layout was the original Kingsmill. And yes both Seven Mills and Grundy Street could be created in OO. However I suspect that something would be missing, something that you and George seem to have been able to capture. Is it the detail, the presence, that O gauge and good modelling brings? For now I'll stick to OO - far far too much stock to change - and watch both your and George's creations come to life. Perhaps an exhibition invite may come to enable me (and many others I suspect) to enjoy them in the flesh. Anybody from the DEMU committee on line? :rolleyes:

PJ10

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, PJ10 said:

HI Andy,

Yes I've seen and regularly catch up on both your current OO layouts and impressive they are too. Although I have to confess that I think your best ever OO layout was the original Kingsmill. And yes both Seven Mills and Grundy Street could be created in OO. However I suspect that something would be missing, something that you and George seem to have been able to capture. Is it the detail, the presence, that O gauge and good modelling brings? For now I'll stick to OO - far far too much stock to change - and watch both your and George's creations come to life. Perhaps an exhibition invite may come to enable me (and many others I suspect) to enjoy them in the flesh. Anybody from the DEMU committee on line? :rolleyes:

PJ10

Thanks, SMS would be to much for me to manage at a show these days, I will ask at DEMU if they want Kingsmill TMD for next year.

Your words to George and I are very kind, but most of my modelling is really copying what others, far more talented than me can achieve.

All the best,

Andy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, PJ10 said:

HI Andy,

PJ10

Yes:yes: 

21 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks, SMS would be to much for me to manage at a show these days, I will ask at DEMU if they want Kingsmill TMD for next year.

Your words to George and I are very kind, but most of my modelling is really copying what others, far more talented than me can achieve.

All the best,

Andy.

And No. :nono:

Mainly we would have to carry your train set up that hill after the show......you ain't going to get any expenses. :rtfm:

Serious head on I am on the committee but not the Showcase team. I will have a chat with them and introduce young Andrew to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yes:yes: 

And No. :nono:

Mainly we would have to carry your train set up that hill after the show......you ain't going to get any expenses. :rtfm:

Serious head on I am on the committee but not the Showcase team. I will have a chat with them and introduce young Andrew to them. 

Yes / No, make your mind up sunshine.

EXPENCES,:o at least cover the cost of a Bacon Cob, and some shoe leather mate, haha:good:

• Agree 1

It's strange, because I've done many Shows, including Model Rail Live at Barrow Hill twice and many good shows but the three shows I always wanted to do FOR FREE, were Derby, Nottingham and DEMU.

Still never to old I suppose to do it before I pop upstairs to meet my maker, (or down where it might be a bit warmer):nono::devil: and Miss Whiplash maybe.:girldevil:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1