Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

On 09/06/2019 at 23:17, Allegheny1600 said:

Hi Andy,

Some smashing weathering work there, buddy! (I really should stop looking at your 7mm stuff!).

Sounds like you've got another dirty diesel lined up, how about a Peak next? I have been so tempted by these, I nearly succumbed when HJ brought them out, I'll have to make do with the smaller one though.

Good to see you and George (& John!) yesterday!

Cheers,

John.

On 15/06/2019 at 17:38, D6775 said:

Looks like you've found yourself a blue 40 then Andy. I'll be having a couple more 37's soon!

Al.

On 15/06/2019 at 19:03, Clive Mortimore said:

Young Andrew spoke with me on the tellingbone earlier today. He has broken his flip flop's battery so won't be posting on here for a while. He has off loaded sold the two 4mm scale layouts.  I will let him tell you all the other news when power is restored. 

On 15/06/2019 at 19:22, D6775 said:

Thought it had been a bit quiet in here!

On 15/06/2019 at 21:26, Barnaby said:

Yes I thought the forum had broken down.   :help: :tease:

Yes Guys, forced absence due to a Bat Flattery on my Flip Flop, now almost one hundred sods lighter and a new powering thing, I AM BACK.

And yes as Clive M, says, Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD, and Mason Street (Goods) have both flown the nest for pastures anew, and bits of timber have been turned into up side down boxes ready for a fresh start.

Details will be in the Layouts section in a few days.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

On 16/06/2019 at 12:19, gismorail said:

Place is dead without Andy P posting with layouts and banter ... well I suppose it gives us all time to draw breath but I suspect he will return with vengeance.:drink_mini:

Fresh out of vengeance mate, but I do have some timber and now also some Track etc on it way from Widnes.:good:

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Fresh out of vengeance mate, but I do have some timber and now also some Track etc on it way from Widnes.:good:

You and I have had the same problem me thinks the power charger for my 'flip flop' packed up the other day so have been posting with iphone ......thus no pictures but can make up for that today ......but a new power pack only cost me £7.95 :lol: 

The really big news for you Mr Peters is that the coffee cup problem has been resolved without a total rebuild of the new fiddle yard :tease:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, gismorail said:

You and I have had the same problem me thinks the power charger for my 'flip flop' packed up the other day so have been posting with iphone ......thus no pictures but can make up for that today ......but a new power pack only cost me £7.95 :lol: 

The really big news for you Mr Peters is that the coffee cup problem has been resolved without a total rebuild of the new fiddle yard :tease:

I bought a £10 Battery for my Canon Camera, SUPPOSED TO BE GENUINE, it lasted about 3 Months and then would only last for a short while on max charge, so I decided to go to the people who supplied the Flip Flop and I have a 12 Month Guarantee on it.

• Friendly/supportive 3

24 minutes ago, ess1uk said:

my Mrs has just let me know she thinks the battery on her laptop has died so im now trying to find her one, must be catching!

I purchased a new battery for my HP 'flip flop' about six months ago from 'Ebay' cost under £20 and still work OK. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ianlind said:

Gone very quiet of late! Hope everything is OK.

Yes, I've been building a couple of OO Layouts, (Kingsmill (Midland Road) TMD, and Mason Street (Goods), which have both now been SOLD. But fear not, tomorrow I'm picking up a Heljan Class 40, and I have a Sound Chip on it's way to me that I will have a look at fitting, or I might be on the phone to David / Jintyman to sort it out.

I'm also currently building another 4mm Layout, New Mills, and I like to swap between the Scales.

SMS does have a run a couple of times a week between other jobs, or just for the odd hour to chill out and relax and plan what is next.

I'm also hoping to get some walling tomorrow so that I can finish off the Ballasting on SMS and then do the Road Bridge area.

So yes, quiet of late, but far from lost or forgotten. There will be some pics up tomorrow or Wednesday of the Whistler posing with the rest of the Fleet.

Cheers for looking in and giving me a nudge along.

• Like 9

On 09/06/2019 at 06:35, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Andy,

Love your layout, locos and weathering and how its developing. Iv opted for end of steam and diesels on my small end to end layout, so as such my blue Cl 40 will never see use of my layout as its far to big and wrong era, you still looking for one?

regards

Julian.

Thanks Julian for the Class 40 I picked up from you today, I've just got home and will get it out of the box later, but it looked good on collection, Cheers again.

The Video of your Layout looked good as well, despite the awful weather in Sheffield today.

I will do some pics later.

Edited by Andrew P
add words

One of Heljan's more impressive models!  I am glad I bought one.

Andy are you going to get  Peak now as its equally as impressive. I am sure you can find the room!

Paul R

12 hours ago, Donington Road said:

Impressive Andy.

Now be careful lifting that lovely machine, we don't want you off work with a hernia :D

LIFTING? :o I thought that's what WIVES were for!:taunt:

• Informative/Useful 1

48 minutes ago, pwr said:

One of Heljan's more impressive models!  I am glad I bought one.

Andy are you going to get  Peak now as its equally as impressive. I am sure you can find the room!

Paul R

I can always make the room Paul, but the old wallet is empty at the moment, but I agree, they are rather nice models too.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I can always make the room Paul, but the old wallet is empty at the moment, but I agree, they are rather nice models too.

I know the feeling. I desperately want a green Warship and then there is the question of the Heljan 56's and new 47 next year.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

That is very naughty of you Paul, just superb, as of course is your Layout.

Ha Ha I need to finish it

I have a week in August dedicated to it and I am going to make some larger fiddle yard boards and use one of those I already have as a sceneic extension so trains have a longer run in to the station. It will also even up the number of boards for transport. We just did our garden out and the replacement patio is long enough to get the full extended length of the layout out so I am hoping for dry weather but not too hot.  Surprisingly the wife has not raised objections to this extension or maybe hasnt realised what I am up to!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ianlind said:

Gone very quiet again!

2 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Here is why:

Cheers Guys, I still run SMS a couple of times a week, but yes I've been busy starting a new 4mm Layout.

I'm away from today, both having a little break, but also to conclude the wishes of my Mothers Will, and scatter her Ashes with my Dads.

Whilst away, I've told my Bouncers / The Boys (in their 50's) who are staying at our place not to wear things out in my absence, so I've put Mileage restraints on all the Loco Fleet.

I have the Sound Chip to fit to the New 40, and will start that on my return but I need to tidy my Workbench and have a clear head before I make a start on that.

Another reason for the slow progress of late is that I need to Ballast the front two Exchange Sidings, but before doing that I need some walling to go along the Base Board edge. I was hoping to get some at the Derby Show, or DEMU or at a couple of other small Shows I've been to, but so far no joy. I'm hoping to pick some up whilst away as I know a couple of Shops I can try.

So SMS is far from dead, but yes a little slow at present, which I hope to rectify in the weeks ahead.

Must go, the BOUNCERS have arrived.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6