Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

I have to thank Andy for his kind hospitality yesterday, To have visted TOPS is indeed an honour.

Unfortunately most of the pics I took, were not particularly good, but I did feel like I was back

on a Sunday at Severn Tunnel Junction, in the 70s.

DSC_3116.JPG.be061d2b64e28a55b839bc49d3f877ae.JPG

DSC_3125.JPG.b3eacc52489caae0728960c3a18e5019.JPG

What a day, which flew by all too quickly. Lots of chat, and surprisingly little train running.

Mind you it was a bit spooky when the 25, which was shut down, randomly sounded it;s horn!

Must just learn to be as organised and tidy, from this excellent example.

Once again Any, many thanks from both Chris and I. Perhaps next time we can arrange

lunch alongside the WSR. Once your move is over, which we hope goes well for you.

All the best

Tony & Chris

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Andy,

Good to meet you, Ade and the other guys today at Telford. Hope the journey home went OK and the tyre didn't let you down.

Best of luck with the move and I hope that SMS survives.

Dave

Great to meet you as well Dave, and a thanks from me for the help with our deflation, we got home safe and well thanks.

I hope we can all meet up again some time.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 31/08/2019 at 22:15, Hal Nail said:

If you get a chance, a front on of the Heljan class 47 cab mock up (which is facing straight out anyway) would be much appreciated!

Enjoy

Hi, I couldn't find the 47 you mentioned, I did ask on the Heljan Stand, but the guy said he didn't have any 47's with them, and  couldn't see any Cab's.

But here are a few pics that I did get, nothing very exciting, 

The background lighting was very blue on this Layout.

IMG_9221.JPG.ffea786a3126243498f813c0540447ad.JPG

IMG_9225.JPG.9d3ff8d43b2565ded922e2c6aea5d9ca.JPG

IMG_9228.JPG.c66171a70a6518981bbbcb2c8acbb624.JPG

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

I did see the prototype Class 47 cab on the Heljan stand, sorry no pics. It was just a solid block with no cut outs for windows or any great detail, just the very basic shape.

Cheers, Ade.

I missed that Ade, and obviously so did the Heljan Rep.

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I missed that Ade, and obviously so did the Heljan Rep.

Cheers guys. There is a photo on their Facebook page which looks promising. Mind you the old ones won’t be easy to sell once there’s a new one out and I’m trying to keep my spend neutral so I might just keep trying to rework the one I have.

Hope the show was good. I intended to go but it’s a long day trip from London and doesn’t sound like much will be out before the Reading show anyway so I decided to wait till then.

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, sb67 said:

Nice photo's Andy, seems like you had a good day. I like the look of the 2nd layout with the class 20 on it, do you know what the layout's called?

Steve.

That was a nice nice little Layout Steve, and I think it was just 2 points, but would stand corrected if anyone knows any different.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Steve, this layout was called "The back end" and is in scale 7. Modelled by Steve Thompson.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, I didn't get a program so glad you could help with the name.:good:

2 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

The layout's builder is Simon Thompson, who is one of the partners in Finney 7.

Dave

Thanks Dave, it certainly was a well executed Layout, and ran faultlessly whenever I saw it.

Hi Andy, I spent a fair bit of time reading your thread, all 92 pages worth! But it's been well worth it to see the progress and changes from start to where you are now.

Great work and great updates. I really enjoyed looking through the thread. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 hours ago, AdamD98 said:

Hi Andy, I spent a fair bit of time reading your thread, all 92 pages worth! But it's been well worth it to see the progress and changes from start to where you are now.

Great work and great updates. I really enjoyed looking through the thread. 

Cheers Adam and welcome to RMW and my rambling on here, and maybe elsewhere as well.