Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

7 minutes ago, PannierTanker14 said:

Yeah it does look like that 33 needs a new paint job.

makes for a good picture though!

good luck on the Lima 33.

EDE14442-8DA3-4ABA-A8B9-C74FFE7E3D62.jpeg

How long ago was that pic taken PT? It now looks better than that, but more faded, as you will see in the Video when it eventually gets up loaded.

It's a 20 minute Video that started the up load to You Tube at 07.30 this morning, so nearly 6 hours ago, and it's now at 58% done.:angry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

How long ago was that pic taken PT? It now looks better than that, but more faded, as you will see in the Video when it eventually gets up loaded.

It's a 20 minute Video that started the up load to You Tube at 07.30 this morning, so nearly 6 hours ago, and it's now at 58% done.:angry:

I took the photo in July, which was my latest visit to the GCR.

Yeah video uploads take a long while, I’ve been trying to upload the GCR’s 9F pulling into Quorn but it has taken nearly a day now and it’s only two minutes long!

• Friendly/supportive 2

56 minutes ago, PannierTanker14 said:

I took the photo in July, which was my latest visit to the GCR.

Yeah video uploads take a long while, I’ve been trying to upload the GCR’s 9F pulling into Quorn but it has taken nearly a day now and it’s only two minutes long!

BWsTrains on here, suggested I use Handbrake to shrink them down in size, which is what I do now, It roughly halves the size of the file without destroying the quality. I can now do a 2 minute Video in about half an hour.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 07/09/2019 at 22:12, pwr said:

My 7mm Claude is the same! Needs more weight but the only space to put any is over the bogie which won’t help!

You could try making the drawbar to the tender rigid vertically then slightly open the tender front and centre wheel bearings up a little vertically so part of the weight of the tender is carried by the loco. Plenty of rom for weight in a tender.

Don

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, Donw said:

You could try making the drawbar to the tender rigid vertically then slightly open the tender front and centre wheel bearings up a little vertically so part of the weight of the tender is carried by the loco. Plenty of rom for weight in a tender.

Don

Yes that's a great idea Don. There is nothing in the tender space so that could work.

Apologies Andy for hijacking your thread!

Paul R

• Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, pwr said:

Yes that's a great idea Don. There is nothing in the tender space so that could work.

Apologies Andy for hijacking your thread!

Paul R

That's not a problem Paul and Don, any modelling info that helps others is always welcome on my threads.:good:

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I need a new photo session on here, but in the afternoons the sun is starting to come in stronger at the moment, so I may need to do it one morning.

In the meantime here is an unused one from an earlier batch.

DSCF2441.JPG.94980c5c9ed8fa13c5adac1556d2d900.JPG

I'd been putting off commenting on your moody contre jour lighting effects of late.

But having watched your video of the 37 at the GCR, I now know that it is entirely prototypical.

All the best

TONY

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

I'd been putting off commenting on your moody contre jour lighting effects of late.

But having watched your video of the 37 at the GCR, I now know that it is entirely prototypical.

All the best

TONY

Thanks Tony, Good to hear from you mate, I hope you and Chris are both well.

The lighting can play some silly games, on some pics, especially the 08 for some reason, the Loco tends to come out very dark, and therefore needs to go into the Editing Suit and be played about with. On others I just need to do the background which is obviously a lot easier to do.

Here is two examples of what I mean, the first un edited, and the second brightened up a bit. It's around the Chassis that is most noticeable.

DSCF2980.JPG.b0f98e3fd209cea527960e77aeb1fdc1.JPG

1830109253_DSCF2980-Copy.JPG.3f953e1c1c98a14d61558038b853f66e.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10
  • Agree 1

I've had a nice photographic and running session this morning, and I've been using my Desk Lamp to get the light into the underframes a bit more. It a trick I saw Steve Flint of RM use a few years ago. I set the timer, and then move the lamp around to let light in where needed.

DSCF3346.JPG.89d94f8a6583247a7d8bde3db39d36d4.JPG

DSCF3383.JPG.fea8fd5df6d4dfc1a059d7ddfc281083.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

1 hour ago, Rob Pulham said:

Hi Andy,

It was good to meet you at Telford,  I hope that you enjoyed the show.

Thanks Rob, Good to meet you too, even if it was brief, but you were a busy boy every time I went past.

Cheers.

Edited by Andrew P
add?