Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 minute ago, georgeT said:

l do like that 56 mate, can't wait for the Heljan one to appear...

Unfortunately I agree about the Heljan one, but my wallet doesn't haha:o:fie:. Will need to wait and see, I do fancy a Blue un.:good:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

I love the shots from The Severn Valley, takes me back. We lived in Ironbridge and then Broseley. We started a MRC at Bridgnorth but found we were happier meeting in the bar at Bridgnorth then sitting out on the platform to drink it.

It sounds as those things are progressing with the move hope it all goes well.

Don

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/10/2019 at 08:26, Andrew P said:

Unfortunately I agree about the Heljan one, but my wallet doesn't haha:o:fie:. Will need to wait and see, I do fancy a Blue un.:good:

I'm the same, and the 47's, maybe a Construction or Coal one for me though. I don't even like 47's but may have a couple for completeness!

• Like 1

On 03/10/2019 at 08:05, Donw said:

Hi Andy,

I love the shots from The Severn Valley, takes me back. We lived in Ironbridge and then Broseley. We started a MRC at Bridgnorth but found we were happier meeting in the bar at Bridgnorth then sitting out on the platform to drink it.

It sounds as those things are progressing with the move hope it all goes well.

Don

Cheers Don, Viewing 4 properties later today, not to sure how it will go but almost guaranteed the most expensive will be the best, haha.

• Friendly/supportive 5

11 hours ago, D6775 said:

I'm the same, and the 47's, maybe a Construction or Coal one for me though. I don't even like 47's but may have a couple for completeness!

My problem is that I have to hold off until I see if I'll have room for anything in ''O''.

• Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, Andrew P said:

My problem is that I have to hold off until I see if I'll have room for anything in ''O''.

I'm sure you'll find some space! I think the 56's are still a way off yet, I think we'll see the 33's first then the 47's. Possibly even the re-run of the split box 37 before we see the 56.

16 hours ago, 47606odin said:

not sure there were any coal sector liveried 47's

I probably wasn't clear Ian, I meant a coal or construction 56 (as you say there were no Coal 47's), in terms of 47's I'd probably be looking at Construction/RFD and an IC Exec one.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Andrew P said:

‘O’ would definitely be kinder on my eyes but would be more difficult for me to smuggle items into the house

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

As predicted above, the most expensive property was the only one that was really any good, BUT could this be TOPS2?:o

If so SMS will have to go as it's to long!:fie::cry:

IMG_9815.JPG.cb465da8b80b089469ebd0858fb99141.JPG

Unless I can extend to incorporate this covered area at the back.

IMG_9822.JPG.d6ba9b970d61748cbf56043e1da2e13b.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Looks promising, I assume the rest of the property is acceptable or did you just look in the garage?

One suggestion if I may, it needs a bit of a tidy and by the size of the cobwebs its been like this for a while!

You could extend by simply removing then French doors and relocating them at the end of the covered way infilling with an insulated stud wall......sort of.

If the picture is correct there looks like a gap at ceiling level between the two areas that would need infilling and that the frame of the French doors might be structural by the way the roof members run.

Insulation needed of course.

To note a few immediate issues

Old habits die hard when I look at photos, I see building related issues first!

If you any advise by all means get in contact, I might be retired now but once a Building Surveyor always a Building Surveyor.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Mattc6911 said:

Out into the covered area. . Then out into the garden and round and back :good_mini:

The Garden is being looked at Matt, as I have the chance of some 40 inch long Stainless steel square tubes with flat bracketed ends that would support an out door section, so there is some hope.

Cheers for your ideas Matt.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PannierTanker14 said:

Much like what Mattc6911 said; do what must be done to fit the Sidings in place. Take over the next door’s garage if you must, I’m sure they won’t mind :laugh: :good:

I haven't met the neighbours yet, but they will wonder what hit them when they here the sound of an O Gauge 37 coming around by their back fence blasting it's horn, haha.:nono:

• Funny 5

36 minutes ago, KNP said:

Looks promising, I assume the rest of the property is acceptable or did you just look in the garage?

One suggestion if I may, it needs a bit of a tidy and by the size of the cobwebs its been like this for a while!

You could extend by simply removing then French doors and relocating them at the end of the covered way infilling with an insulated stud wall......sort of.

If the picture is correct there looks like a gap at ceiling level between the two areas that would need infilling and that the frame of the French doors might be structural by the way the roof members run.

Insulation needed of course.

To note a few immediate issues

Old habits die hard when I look at photos, I see building related issues first!

If you any advise by all means get in contact, I might be retired now but once a Building Surveyor always a Building Surveyor.

Hi Kevin,

I did look at it all,:good: and although there is some decorating to be done to get it how we would want it, (currently Bed 1 is Dark Red and Black) haha,

IMG_9799.JPG.218997bfa3adbf6ff3adfe9c4d23c5d3.JPG

Structurally it's sound and a lot bigger than we have at the moment, i.e. an extra bedroom that can be used as a second lounge, and a much bigger kitchen with a dining area.

Mike one of my Boys who is a Builder came with me and he suggested the same thing with the French Doors, that would give me some 21 to 22 feet inside compared to my current 17.5ft but the width is only 8ft at present compared to my current 8.5ft. 

Once in it will have a polystyrene and then 3/4 inch chip board floor and the walls will be lined, and the front up and over door sealed from the inside with a stud wall.  One long wall is against the Bungalow, and the other / left of the pic is next doors garage so the main insulation will be the floor and ceiling.

IMG_9816.JPG.63a230fb8775c8434f297da4638cc03f.JPG

There is power in the Garage, but that will be re done where ever I end up, with a new consumer board etc.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I haven't met the neighbours yet, but they will wonder what hit them when they here the sound of an O Gauge 37 coming around by their back fence blasting it's horn, haha.:nono:

Used to be you worried about a family moving in next door with teenage boy racers, now it will be " oh no! He's into O Gauge with sound !!!" :fie:

:laugh_mini:

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, Mattc6911 said:

Used to be you worried about a family moving in next door with teenage boy racers, now it will be " oh no! He's into O Gauge with sound !!!" :fie:

:laugh_mini:

Spare a thought for the neighbours of a guy who actually had a whole DMU in his garden :laugh:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Just back home from Darn souf and also took in a visit to the Fareham Show this morning.

Now this IS what you call an O Gauge Layout.

DSCF3726.JPG.013bdc1fc4240409dddbda61db0e8440.JPG

DSCF3727.JPG.8786af841fe6a6db7558a857e34b5455.JPG

DSCF3728.JPG.6e374e74f930c57ef72cb14909ddcb6b.JPG

DSCF3757.JPG.79741c6dc9c5e872a429f27ace8719fe.JPG

And a rather nice Fiddle Yard.

DSCF3759.JPG.35fad28e81606bd8f8dd6396c9b4e06d.JPG

The Video will be up a a day or so.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

This layout is inspirational and I have had the privilege of seeing it in the flesh a couple of times and spending the odd few hours watching it ...... I just hope the society will add sound to the loco's ..... a 9F or a black 5 chuffing up "The Summit" .... Awesome

OMG ..... this will take the layout to another level 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, jcarta said:

This layout is inspirational and I have had the privilege of seeing it in the flesh a couple of times and spending the odd few hours watching it ...... I just hope the society will add sound to the loco's ..... a 9F or a black 5 chuffing up "The Summit" .... Awesome

OMG ..... this will take the layout to another level 

Yes, a great pity it wasn't Sound. but I still enjoyed watching the Trains run past at almost eye level.

Another shot from Fareham Railex, this is Dave Tailbys very small O Gauge Shunting Layout, Tudwick Road Sidings.

And YES, that IS all of it, there is a sector plate hidden in the Trees to the left.

DSCF3765.JPG.e872bc7c2dd0c32651f3c4aea1d792d5.JPG

• Like 3