Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

46 minutes ago, Donw said:

Sound deadening maybe well worthwhile rain hammering on a flat roof can be quite noisy, and you dont want to be disturbed by the soaps etc. being watched on the tele while you are running trains. Besides you wont be able to hear when someone calls out 'Andy can you just......'

I dont know if it helps with Sound but the Multilayer foil such as Tri Iso used in loft conversions gives a lot of insulation without taking up much space.

Don

On the walls I'll either use Plasterboard covered Celetex or Celetex and ply as per TOPS.

For the roof, again Ply with Loft insulation between the rafters.

TBH, I'll leave that for my Grandson to decide as he does this sort of thing all the time and he has just done his own Loft Conversion with 2 Bedrooms, and all past by Building inspectors etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Morning Andy the foreground mixture of texture and colour shades makes for a very realistic vegetation expanse and plants the model right in a slice of the real world.

Great stuff.

Best

Thanks Barnaby, that foreground foliage has really helped with the photography, and as you say, places the model into, it rather than on the Layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Morning Andy the foreground mixture of texture and colour shades makes for a very realistic vegetation expanse and plants the model right in a slice of the real world.

Great stuff.

Best

Don't tell Andy but I'm looking at his use of foliage as an example of how to attempt to do mine shhh!

• Funny 4

7 hours ago, 47606odin said:

if you want to run the 56 and the catfish up the line, you will need a brake van as the 56 can't work the brakes on the catfish

Yes, thanks, this was pointed out after a previous post of the same working, my excuse is that it was just moving them into the Upper Yard, where they will form part of a larger working.:good:

• Like 2

As stated on New Mills,

Our place officially went on the Market on Tuesday evening and so far we have had 6 viewings, but no offers as yet.

Today had been a very wet and miserable day since getting up O'clock this morning, but now it is looking a little brighter.

Here's a pic with todays mood written all over it.

imageedit_1_9904134657.gif.24a207aacfd2b159c4e0232f4e249d29.gif

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4