Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

This is how Trebudoc was transformed after a couple of Shows and turned 180 degrees to form the Station that most people are used to seeing.

I noticed at Shows that people were looking at it, but not stopping or coming back, so I decided it had to have a Station and be something prettier.

The original ''T'' under construction viewed from what WAS the front, and ended up as the back.

729829118_TrebudocGoodsYard5May2012001.JPG.25f482acccdefe2068702dc127a64e5c.JPG

So how it was at it's last Show in it's Old format. The centre road with the buffers in front of the Crane was swung around to join just in front of the Loco to form the Station run around.

2000531139_Trebudocgeneralgoods017.JPG.01df97522229275d9732f712c032b6d1.JPG

I then turned the boards 180 degrees so that it would be viewed from the other side, and you can see that the old yard / crane area became the Station and the old Skytrex Provender Store became the Car Workshop.

1638180707_Trebudocnewtrackplan001.JPG.b9a821e65c6903082bf0c4f13219130e.JPG

The field to the left is the site of the Provender Store, and the Coal Yard was the Cattle Dock and the Car Repair was a grass embankment along the back of the Layout.

To the right behind the Platform fence is now the Goods Road that was the old Coaling Stage.

1563530452_26thJulyPhotoShoot026.JPG.2253eee7b53f5f0057d1b63f1d2ed4f9.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

This is how Trebudoc was transformed after a couple of Shows and turned 180 degrees to form the Station that most people are used to seeing.

729829118_TrebudocGoodsYard5May2012001.JPG.25f482acccdefe2068702dc127a64e5c.JPG

Andy,

If you don't mind me asking, how wide / long was the yard pictured above?  I am guessing about 4' x 2'?  Do you know what Trebudoc was in total length?

Rich

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Andy,

If you don't mind me asking, how wide / long was the yard pictured above?  I am guessing about 4' x 2'?  Do you know what Trebudoc was in total length?

Rich

Hi Rich, the original T as seen as a Yard was 20 inches wide, and the had a LUMP of 2'' x 2'' put along the back to increase the area behind the Station and Goods Siding.

It's total length was an inch or two under 9ft with a 32'' Fiddle Yard being within that length, so the total footprint ended up at about 9ft x 22 inches.

This shows the Fiddle Yard that did NOT change. The centre Road fed all 3 Tracks to the Scenic side and the front Track fed the front Track / Loop and Middle / Main Line, and the Back Track fed the Back / Goods Siding and Middle / Main Line.

post-9335-0-57854800-1333125492_thumb.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Enjoying the nostaldia Andy. I liked St Budoc although I've only seen it after it was sold and then re built (I think) The original Trebudoc was good too, I'm sure you brought it to one of the original Rmweb days. Liked the re build too, I  always think of doing a 4mm version with a different location.

Steve

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sb67 said:

Enjoying the nostaldia Andy. I liked St Budoc although I've only seen it after it was sold and then re built (I think) The original Trebudoc was good too, I'm sure you brought it to one of the original Rmweb days. Liked the re build too, I  always think of doing a 4mm version with a different location.

Steve

Yes Steve, the R M Web day at Stafford 2012, I had the original Trebudoc as the Goods Yard, before it was rebuilt and also my OO, Loch Leven.

The previous year, 2011 I had the original Deesdale Road.

St Budoc was never re built by me, it was sold to a Guy down South, then altered, re named and attended a few Shows down there I believe.

10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

St Budoc was never re built by me, it was sold to a Guy down South, then altered, re named and attended a few Shows down there I believe.

I think it's now called Eigh bay halt and owned by the owner of my local model shop! I have seen it a local shows.

Steve.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, sb67 said:

I think it's now called Eigh bay halt and owned by the owner of my local model shop! I have seen it a local shows.

Steve.

That's fascinating to know, Have Layout, will Travel, haha.

I delivered it to a Guy in Basingstoke who was moving soon after I sold it to him.

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

That's fascinating to know, Have Layout, will Travel, haha.

I delivered it to a Guy in Basingstoke who was moving soon after I sold it to him.

Ok, I'll see if I've got any pics.

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Andy,

Will you be tempted back to steam by the 2251 announced by Heljan today?

I may well be after 2251 my friend, BUT ALAS, not in the senior scale. I'm waiting to see what I end up down Souf, but I do want to do a large OO Gauge S & D Roundy before I turn my toes up, so that will be my main focus.

I hadn't seen that announcement, so which Millennium is it due in? haha. 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I may well be after 2251 my friend, BUT ALAS, not in the senior scale. I'm waiting to see what I end up down Souf, but I do want to do a large OO Gauge S & D Roundy before I turn my toes up, so that will be my main focus.

I hadn't seen that announcement, so which Millennium is it due in? haha. 

2021 (allegedly)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

On 23/11/2019 at 11:33,  sb67 said: 

Steve

Yes Steve, the R M Web day at Stafford 2012, I had the original Trebudoc as the Goods Yard, before it was rebuilt and also my OO, Loch Leven.

The previous year, 2011 I had the original Deesdale Road

Was Stafford RM web that long ago - time flies, Deesdale Road still functional but significantly different from 2011

Edited by PeterBB
Not sure what happened initially
  • Like 1

A great morning in TOPS today, with about half an hours Videoing and some new pics.

The Vids will be up later, but in the meantime, here is a pic zoomed in from the full length of the Scenic section on the Road Bridge, down to the Level Crossing and the Grid parked up in the Yard.

IMG_0254.JPG.8ae2bbc56c2c2918d6c2f9d5e3aac63c.JPG

• Like 16