Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

52 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Has anyone seen the "Bogie Inspector" (posh title for lazy )..... He's been missing since Wednesday and I'm getting worried that he may have been abducted!!!!!

Jim

He's back.:taunt:

Rat Bogie and Plough inspecting now.:crazy_mini:

IMG_0243.JPG.85fe91385b8d1543f9258d411fed93c6.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Phew..... I had this horrible feeling that he may had been transferred to Coventry ?????

He was,

They sent him back.

So I sent him to Glasgow,

They sent him back.

So I sent him to Cardiff,

They sent him back,

So I sent him to London, and they too sent him back with a note saying, he is worn out with all the Travelling and needs a Rest.

So I'm buying him a New Oil Drum to lean on.:P

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Yes, those were the (railway) days.

I can still remember a number of Underground stations with pubs on the platform or close by and there's many a railway tale of staff popping off for a beer (or more) before they'd finished work.

Apologies for the drift off topic mate.

• Like 2

Under the watchful gaze of guess who, the resident 08, it is seen working a new arrival in the form of a Catfish. And the pair of 20's are seen up at the platform, waiting for a clear road to exit Seven Mills.

DSCF2987.JPG.5de65fbe487855ba0a9cf08eb52d0408.JPG

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Ray H said:

I can still remember a number of Underground stations with pubs on the platform or close by and there's many a railway tale of staff popping off for a beer (or more) before they'd finished work.

Apologies Andy for drifting, but I recall one story told to me by a diesel driver who started as a fireman at Annesley, about one booked diagram they had, where the said fireman and his mate were rostered to sign on and travel passenger to some station that was far from any facilities, after an hour's wait they would then relieve the crew of a mineral working heading for Annesley.  While this was regular job, for this particular fireman his first rostering on this diagram came just a few weeks after either being passed out as a fireman, or moving to Annesley Shed, I cannot remember which now, probably the latter I suspect.  However, the remarkable aspect of the tale, which he assured me was 100% true, was that on watching the passenger service depart, after getting off it, the driver said, right head for the mess room and i'll see you in there.

Looking around bewilderedly at this somewhat quiet station with no staff, and everywhere locked, the fireman shouted down the platform where's the mess room?  The driver (who was walking away) turned round and said, down the steps, turn left, building at the end of the street... second door is the public bar!  After consuming two pints, they made their way back to the opposite platform with five minutes to spare before the said mineral train arrived, at which point the arriving crew got off, they got on and said driver (who was obviously well versed in this diagram!) drove the train back to Annesley!

What would health & safety, and the railway drugs and alcohol policy make of it now - wouldn't be a Form 1 please explain, it would be 'job centre is in the town centre mate!" and you'd never work on the railway again!

Always amused me that story .. and not the only one I have heard to involve crews and pubs :) Some right into the 1980s!!

Great pictures as always Andy, he says bringing things back on topic!

Rich

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

8 hours ago, MarshLane said:

What would health & safety, and the railway drugs and alcohol policy make of it now - wouldn't be a Form 1 please explain, it would be 'job centre is in the town centre mate!" and you'd never work on the railway again!

Rich

On 11/01/2020 at 12:24, Ray H said:

Failed D&A = Job Centre & at the very most severe case, possibly a Prison term ..... The railway scene has changed significantly nowadays.....

Jim

• Agree 3